“Friendly” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Round Rock
Waxahachie, Texas
“Friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

This was a great hotel. Very well priced. My family and I stayed at this hotel while visiting some family in the area. The staff was GREAT, very friendly. Maria the maid was fabulous. She helped us with a few extra towles and are room was always clean. The front desk staff was alway smiles and helpful. Two thumbs up!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Livingston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

I was there for three days on a business meeting and could not believe by the service I got. First time walked in and the desk clerk greeted me nicely. The room i got was amazing! It was clean, fresh, and nice. Room was smelled good, looked very clean, and seemed as if the carpet was new.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Waxahachie, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

I had to see a specialist in the Round Rock area. I stayed in the hotel's handicap room and it was wonderful. Everything was easy for me to access/operate. The young ladies at the desk Sonya and Vida really went beyond their "call of duty". To be quite honest every member of the staff I came in contact with were very helpful and nice. The bed was large and extremely comfortable. The breakfast was filling and fresh. I will be staying here for my follow up medical appointments.
Thanks Days Inn. I enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: Out door access allowed me easy trips to my car.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Englewood, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

I was in Texas on business for three weeks and stayed in 8 different motels. The Days Inn in Round Rock was by far my favorite. The staff was wonderful and very accomodating,the room was clean, beds comfortable, towels soft, air conditioner worked great. The pool was clean and refreshing! I would reccomend to anyone. Ms Fritz should stay home and not travel, I don't think she would be happy anywhere.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

I came into town to visit my family and stayed here because of the convenient location off the highway. I was shocked when I read the review by "mstiffany06" (Don't Do It). I had a completely different experience. The rooms were renovated, the A/C worked great in the 110 degree weather.... which was great after coming back from an outing all day in the hot weather. Pool was clean with no crates :)... the kids loved it. I think the thing that made my stay for me and my family was the friendly staff. They were so helpful and accomodating. Overall great rooms, friendly staff, and great price. I'll definitely come back here when I am back in town.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Cordele, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

Stopped here for an overnight stay to deliver a limousine. The gentleman who checked us in and the lady who checked us out were very friendly and helpful! The beds were comfortable, the AC cold and a great shower. The continental breakfast had a little more than found at most Days Inns. The motel also has a great swimming pool with a hot tub. Overall, very good value and service for the money spent. I would not hesitate to recommend, or stay again at this motel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
North Little Rock, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2011

Whatever you do, I am begging you to find somewhere else to stay besides this particular hotel! The photos online must have been what they imagined the hotel to look like, and the reason that I say this is because the first room that we were assigned to was DISGUSTING!!! The floor needed to be vacuumed, and we were almost outside, as if we were staying at a “MOTEL”! I don’t know what the deal is with Days Inn, but I’m starting to believe that they are only purchasing buildings & not at all thinking about their guest safety and hospitality. The lady at the front desk when we checked in was very nice & helpful. That’s the ONLY positive thing that I can bring out of this nasty hotel. The room that we eventually stayed in , had no ironing board, no alarm clock, the towels were very dingy & black to where as we had to go out & purchase our on towels to wash our face. Let me add that there was another positive about our room, and that was that we had a bible that was in the drawer that we had to use in order to sleep there! There were nasty white crusty looking stains on the sleeper sofa, along with the irons in the rooms that did not work! Not only that, the bathroom was so small that we had to use the bathroom with the door wide open in order to breathe. There was no walking space between the bed and the air conditioner, so that meant that if you’re on a vacation with someone else & sharing a bed together, then you would have to get in the bed on the same side. Speaking on the air conditioner…our air conditioner was blowing air, notice that I didn’t state COLD air, throughout the first night of our stay, but our last night to stay there , the air conditioner went out & we had to literally reset the conditioner ourselves in order to have some type of air circulating! And why did we stay a second night???Only because all other hotels in the area were booked & of course they had already withdrawn our money from our account, which left us in a screwed up situation!
Ok, so the pool had huge black things floating around in the pool, along with a huge crate with a brick on top of it to hold down the water closure from going out of the pool??? Now how filthy is that? Another thing, if you do decide to stay in this dump, you need to quadruple check to make sure that your doors are able to lock! What I mean is that, after sleeping in this hotel all night long & going out for leisure time the next day, when we returned back from being gone all day, when we got back to the room, let me mention…WITHOUT using the room key, our door was already open to the public! Yes, the battery in the key lock had gone out & our belongings were not secured at all the entire time we were out!!! The manager by the name of Surten (older Arabic male) was the worst manager that I have ever delt with in my entire life!!! He was not trying to compromise nor was he trying to make our stay at this hotel neither comfortable nor enjoyable. After telling him about the door incident, he told me that the conversation was “pointless” now is that the “Ritz-Carlton” way of handling things??? So, I had to take further action & call the Days Inn Corporate office! The manager’s attitude at this hotel about this whole situation was nasty & just straight out rude & I really didn’t appreciate the things that were said to me along with him not trying to accommodate my stay at this hotel! I would definitely think not once, but at least 6 times before staying at this 1 Star rated hotel!!! Unless you have nowhere else to stay…..INCLUDING YOUR CAR……Please find another place to stay!!!!! I would hate for you to waste your money along with your time! Again DON’T DO IT, you will regret it, especially for the rates that they charge, you could stay at the Comfort Inn, Holiday Inn, Extended Stay Hotel, etc. As a matter of fact, you would probably have a better chance of going to “Motel 6”, at least with them you know that they will leave the lights on for you! So that way, you would at least feel safe, especially if the battery in your key lock goes out, and everyone has access to your belongings without using your room key card!

Room Tip: No comment
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn & Suites Round Rock? Share your experiences!