“Great Staff, Great Room, Great Price, Great Breakfast!” 5 of 5 stars

Days Inn & Suites Round Rock
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1802 South IH-35, Round Rock, TX 78681   |
Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Round Rock
Cordele, Georgia
“Great Staff, Great Room, Great Price, Great Breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

Stopped here for an overnight stay to deliver a limousine. The gentleman who checked us in and the lady who checked us out were very friendly and helpful! The beds were comfortable, the AC cold and a great shower. The continental breakfast had a little more than found at most Days Inns. The motel also has a great swimming pool with a hot tub. Overall, very good value and service for the money spent. I would not hesitate to recommend, or stay again at this motel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
North Little Rock, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2011

Whatever you do, I am begging you to find somewhere else to stay besides this particular hotel! The photos online must have been what they imagined the hotel to look like, and the reason that I say this is because the first room that we were assigned to was DISGUSTING!!! The floor needed to be vacuumed, and we were almost outside, as if we were staying at a “MOTEL”! I don’t know what the deal is with Days Inn, but I’m starting to believe that they are only purchasing buildings & not at all thinking about their guest safety and hospitality. The lady at the front desk when we checked in was very nice & helpful. That’s the ONLY positive thing that I can bring out of this nasty hotel. The room that we eventually stayed in , had no ironing board, no alarm clock, the towels were very dingy & black to where as we had to go out & purchase our on towels to wash our face. Let me add that there was another positive about our room, and that was that we had a bible that was in the drawer that we had to use in order to sleep there! There were nasty white crusty looking stains on the sleeper sofa, along with the irons in the rooms that did not work! Not only that, the bathroom was so small that we had to use the bathroom with the door wide open in order to breathe. There was no walking space between the bed and the air conditioner, so that meant that if you’re on a vacation with someone else & sharing a bed together, then you would have to get in the bed on the same side. Speaking on the air conditioner…our air conditioner was blowing air, notice that I didn’t state COLD air, throughout the first night of our stay, but our last night to stay there , the air conditioner went out & we had to literally reset the conditioner ourselves in order to have some type of air circulating! And why did we stay a second night???Only because all other hotels in the area were booked & of course they had already withdrawn our money from our account, which left us in a screwed up situation!
Ok, so the pool had huge black things floating around in the pool, along with a huge crate with a brick on top of it to hold down the water closure from going out of the pool??? Now how filthy is that? Another thing, if you do decide to stay in this dump, you need to quadruple check to make sure that your doors are able to lock! What I mean is that, after sleeping in this hotel all night long & going out for leisure time the next day, when we returned back from being gone all day, when we got back to the room, let me mention…WITHOUT using the room key, our door was already open to the public! Yes, the battery in the key lock had gone out & our belongings were not secured at all the entire time we were out!!! The manager by the name of Surten (older Arabic male) was the worst manager that I have ever delt with in my entire life!!! He was not trying to compromise nor was he trying to make our stay at this hotel neither comfortable nor enjoyable. After telling him about the door incident, he told me that the conversation was “pointless” now is that the “Ritz-Carlton” way of handling things??? So, I had to take further action & call the Days Inn Corporate office! The manager’s attitude at this hotel about this whole situation was nasty & just straight out rude & I really didn’t appreciate the things that were said to me along with him not trying to accommodate my stay at this hotel! I would definitely think not once, but at least 6 times before staying at this 1 Star rated hotel!!! Unless you have nowhere else to stay…..INCLUDING YOUR CAR……Please find another place to stay!!!!! I would hate for you to waste your money along with your time! Again DON’T DO IT, you will regret it, especially for the rates that they charge, you could stay at the Comfort Inn, Holiday Inn, Extended Stay Hotel, etc. As a matter of fact, you would probably have a better chance of going to “Motel 6”, at least with them you know that they will leave the lights on for you! So that way, you would at least feel safe, especially if the battery in your key lock goes out, and everyone has access to your belongings without using your room key card!

Room Tip: No comment
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

I was stayed at the Days Inn in Round Rock, primarily because it had some of the best rates for a quality motel in the area.

Upon entering I was greeted by the friendliest staff I have ever come accross. The rooms were very clean, and beds were very comfortable.

They had a much better breakfast than what I am normally used to seeing at a Days Inn. It was in a great location near many restaurants and shopping.

Great staff, nice rooms, and a low price. I will definitely stay here the next time I travel. Its hard to find nice hotels at budget prices these days.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Hillsboro, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2010

I was scheduled to have surgery at the pain clinic in Round Rock. We got online to look for a hotel close to the clinic with reasonable rates. we decided on Days Inn, even after reading the reviews. We got into town earlier than expected and check in is not till 3:00pm, they allowed us to check in. We found the room to be in great shape, the staff was very helpfull and friendly.I don't know why hotels.com thought it was so bad. it was there reviews that was slamming this hotel, and we didn't see any of it. the room was fresh, and very clean. breakfast was great, even though I couldn't eat I took my partner her breakfast and she enjoyed it. We both would recommend this hotel to our family and friends. I did learn not to believe in the Hotel.com reviews.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Milton, DE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

Family booked a different hotel - we chose to save a few bucks. Staff was very friendly! However I saw some bugs (one in our room). Bathtub missing bar and paint peeling. Great pool and good breakfast. Would recommend if bugs were not an issue. WiFi had major issues.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Hurst, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2010 via mobile

We were in town with teen-age girls for a softball tournament. The staff at this hotel is excellent! Everyone is very helpful and friendly. They even let our coaches keep the equipment in the locked office so it wouldn't be in the pickup all night!

Breakfast was awesome! Besides the usual pastries and breads, they had hot waffles. A big hit with the players!!

The beds were very comfortable! Some of the best I've slept on. Plenty of hot water for showers! Lots of water pressure and no drain problems.

The only negatives were we all found roaches in our rooms and the WiFi did not work. When we reported the WiFi issue to the front desk, we were told they did not want to spend the money to fix it.

• Stayed June 2010
DaysInnRR, Owner at Days Inn & Suites Round Rock, responded to this review, July 2, 2010
Thank you so much for your positive review! We enjoyed having your team stay with us. Everyone was pleasant and also very respectful of our other guest staying in the hotel.
We are sorry about the WIFI comment we don't understand who had said that. We usually will restart the router if necessary.
The bugs are an unfortunate part of our area and our hotel, since it's out door access. We assure you that we spray and put down chemicals. However the Palmetto bugs(Texas roaches), black beetles and crickets are very prominent. My only hope is that you did let the front desk staff know at the time for we immediately call for our pest control people to come out.
Again thank you so much for all of your feed back. We can't fix what we don't know and we appreciate your honesty.
Grapevine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2010

After staying here, I will never chose another economy hotel chain again. Days Inn Round Rock was extraordinary in quality - refridgerator, microwave, cold AC and the best part....

NICE SHOWERS!!

The shower head was tall enough to where I didn't have to squat like in most hotels, and the water pressure was actually STRONG!!

WELL DONE DAYS INN ROUND ROCK!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn & Suites Round Rock? Share your experiences!