“Great rooms and very friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Austin - Round Rock
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1990 North I-35, Round Rock, TX 78681   |
Ranked #22 of 23 hotels in Round Rock
Wharton Tx
“Great rooms and very friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2009

the staff was very friendly the rooms were very comfortable the only problems are the ammenities aren't that great other than that was a very enjoyable stay

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends

65 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Lancaster, tx
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2009

I am a Texas Relays official and I stayed at Red Roof in RoundRock, tX. The Room was clean and personnel were acommodating and friendly. I would stay there again. Excellent room for the money.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2008

I normally don't write reviews where nearly EVERYTHING is negative, but this is one!

I do have 2 positive things to say- the staff was friendly (although slow when we had a maintenance emergency), and pets are free. In fact they offered to check in on our dog while we were out.

Everything else wasn't so positive....First the rooms looked as if they weren't finished being made up, the beds looked unmade and the bathroom light was on. Also the smell, it smelled of nasty body odor. The toilet was running as well. The shower required me to wear sandals, it was pretty filthy. They only had 2 bath towels and 2 washcloths-no hand towels. The beds were horrible (worse than my old mattress which was 11 years old!). No free internet here, it is pretty expensive to log on. They offer a small pool. The next morning we had a maintenance emergency and called the staff and I had to go down there 20 min later since no one had come up.

So to say the least, this was not a great experience. We did get a free night at any Red Roof Inn in the USA for our troubles.

• Liked — staff was nice
  • Disliked — room quality
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
i0302, Manager at Red Roof Inn Austin - Round Rock, responded to this review, June 18, 2011
Dear Travelgal,
I'm sorry it's taken so long for me to respond to your TripAdvisor review, but I'm glad that I apparently did respond to you directly with a free night's stay. It's been a couple of years and a lot has changed at the Red Roof Inn Round Rock. We now have free Wi-Fi, we've replaced many mattresses, and renovated all our public areas as well as many of our rooms. The hotel wouldn't even look the same to you after all this time. If you find yourself passing through the Round Rock / Austin area needing a room, come on in and take a look. We still welcome pets and I've still got a great staff, and we'd all like to welcome you back!
Austin, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2007

My husband and I were looking for a cheap place to stay for a couple nights, and we were happy with the Red Roof Inn. The staff was always nice and courteous. The rooms were small but clean, maid service came by every day. Overall, I'd recommend the hotel for anyone who is just looking for a cheap place to sleep at night.

• Liked — The price
  • Disliked — How small the rooms are
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
round rock, tx
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2007

My family stayed at the Red Roof Inn here in Round Rock for my wedding. It was a terrible experience! After returning back to the hotel from our wedding, they found that their room had been broken into! Apparently the perpetrators had key access as there was no signs of breaking and entering. However, all of my brother's electronics were stolen, as well as some clothing. To add insult to injury, the people made a mess in the bathroom as well.

Please, don't stay at this hotel and tell your friends (if you care about them!) the same. I was disgusted to hear about this after the wonderful experience of my wedding....

Stayed July 2007
Dear Junglerules,
I was saddened to hear about the problems that you experienced at this hotel on what should have been a happy time. While I hadn't arrived when this happened I would still like to offer my apology. I am sorry. The last thing I would want is for anyone to think that this is a typical event: it's not. I take security very seriously. In the past three years we have updated our lock interrogation system to allow us to determine which key opened any lock, improved our video system, and tightened all the door hinges to ensure that guest room doors close automatically. Finally, I would add that there has not been a single incident with guest belongings being taken from a guest room since I started as manager of this property.
Houston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2007

This Hotel was absolutly filthy. The carpet was dirty, the non-smoking room had strong cigarette odor, there were even cigarette burns on the end tables and comforter. When we asked the clerk why the room is in such a shape, she simply replied, "we are the only Redroof that is rated 1.5 star". Wow. This is what I call "pride"!!! By the way, the Hotel.com has rated these guys "2 star" but they know they are not even that.)
The tiny room with filthy everything was so bad that my wife wanted to sleep in the car (since most hotels were full on Memorial Weekend). Then we asked to be moved to another room. The clerk took us to 2 other rooms which were even worse. And we were not the only ones complaining. One lady was complaining about dog droppings under her bed! Another about the sheets, and ...
Just beware...

Stayed May 2007
Dear Yahnay,
I'm very sorry to hear about the difficulties you experienced during your stay. Over the past four years the hotel has undergone some significant improvement. We've renovated all our public spaces with new carpeting and wallpaper, replaced beds, changed room carpets, created new room types that come with microwaves and refrigerators, added in room safes, and added free Wi-Fi for all the rooms. (Just to name a few things) I've got a great new staff and we care how our guests feel. Please stop in the next time you come to Round Rock and take a look at the property; I think you'll find that it's not the same place.
Red Roof Inn Round Rock

Been to Red Roof Inn Austin - Round Rock? Share your experiences!