“Traveling Teacher” 3 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1990 North I-35, Round Rock, TX 78681   |
Ranked #22 of 23 Hotels in Round Rock
“Traveling Teacher”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My first three visits were great. Quiet and microwave and refrigerator in each room. Can walk to convenient store and a few restaurants. The last couple of times I have been disappointed in the appearance of the rooms. Dirt all over walls and the shower is gross. Called the front desk and we will see what happens.

Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW via mobile

A/C made loud noises so had to change rooms. Rooms smelled musty. And the housekeepers need to put muzzles on their mouths at 7 a.m. in the morning. Way to loud laughing and chit chatting away. Will never stay here again!

• Stayed August 2014
Lawrence, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

This place was the absolute WORST!! I wrote the corporate office and requested a refund and was ignored. PLEASE don’t ignore me! STAY FAR FAR AWAY from this crap hole! I took pictures but have since deleted them, but it looks like another reviewer has my same room because I had that yellow (Pee like) substance on my wall in the bathroom too. Here is my request for a refund:

April 10-13, 2014 we stayed at your hotel in Round Rock TX off of I-35. That hotel was THE WORST place that I have ever stayed. I made my reservation through Travelocity and IM SURE if they knew the condition of that so call hotel they would remove it from their service list. The walls were disgusting, in the bathroom there was MUCH unfinished “DIY fix-it projects” The windows were locked shut which was too bad because the room had a strange order on top of it being a smoking room. The sheets were thin and yellowish and the towels were so rough we went and purchased our own. I took plenty of pictures because when I please my feedback on Travelocity people will be able to SEE EXACTLY WHAT FILTH THEY ARE GETTING. The proper thing would be to refund our money for horrible accommodations!

If anyone else takes the time to write in and request a refund for their stay………. My suggestion would be to GIVE IT TO THEM!! You owe them that much.
Sheryl

Room Tip: Sind another hotel.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Lubbock, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We arrived at the inn, Red Roof Inn, in Round Rock, Texas U.S.A. around 11:00 P.M. Our son had already got his key and was relaxing with Angel, his girl-friend nonchalantly awaiting our arrival. The hotel had not been difficult to find; right off of Interstate 35 almost directly next to an IHOP. It had two large rolling carts for luggage and an elevator to the second and third floors. The front desk staff was very congenial and helpful, at the end of our stay Ella even discounted the room rate for some small problems that we noticed in addition to our Alstate Traveler's discount. There was nicely brewed fresh coffee in the morning, and we warmed hamburger patties in the microwave and had hamburgers so we didn't have to follow each other to some restaurant that late at night, then stored leftovers in the frig.

The housekeeping staff was honest, we felt comfortable enough to leave our computers out and connected in plain sight, and they were quick to find us trash liners to use for our dirty clothes.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

I stayed at this property on the way back from a business trip and found it to be quite pleasant. The hotel was right off I-35 which made it easy to find. I was pleased when I checked in and saw the modern furniture and the room was very clean. I was also happy that there were plenty of restaurants in the area and a movie theatre right on the other side of the highway. I also was checked out by the manager and she was very friendly and professional. I will definitely stay the next time I'm in the Austin area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Wash, Dc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

Small rooms but nicely redone with very functional furniture and new sink area. Only poor part of redo was the toilet / shower area. This room is very small and claustrophobic with a drop ceiling apparently necessitated by a new sprinkler system. Still, this is better than most Red Rook Inns.

Room Tip: Try out the "World Famous" Round Rock Donuts while you are in the area.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

I recently stayed here during SXSW, where I was working all week. I stayed from Thursday, March 6th-14th. I won a pass last minute, and so my lodging closer to Austin were a little hard, so I ended up in Round Rock, just outside of Austin, about 20 minutes. I'd stayed at a couple of Red Roof Inns before, never really had major issues, but this one will definitely make me think twice about staying at Red Roof Inns in the future.
1. Hairs, hairs, everywhere. On the sheets. On the towels. On the toilet. On the bathroom floor. On the walls of the shower. Long, black hair. I have very short hair for a guy. These were clearly a ladies hair, and I had no lady with me. And the pubic hairs in the towel I had to pick out just to use them? Disgusting.
2. Wifi was out for two and a half days, right in the middle of the busy time of SXSW when I needed it the most. With no notice or apology from the hotel. When I called down to the front desk, I was told, "It will be back when it gets back up. Mr. Patel knows about it." Really poor customer service, especially as mad and frustrated as I was. I was forced to go to a coffee shop about 15 minutes away to do the work I needed to do.
3. There was no vending machines on sight with drinks or food. I wanted to get a drink to take some medicine and had to walk over to a neighboring Shell gas station to buy something. I asked if there was any vending machines on site and was told, "Nope. Not at all." Really?
4. Sheets? My top cover had cigarette burn holes in it. My sheet had cuts in it?? And on the sheets were the long black hairs. Unbelievable. Also, I was there for 9 days and they were changed only once?
5. Because I was on the lower floor, I could hear the herd of elephants above me walking. I'm sure they weren't intentional, but there was so much noise it was incredible.
6. Also, because to the thin walls, I could easily hear the couple next to me arguing from 2:30-3:45am one morning, which is exactly what I didn't need considering my work schedule at SXSW.
7. The housekeepers were really loud and inconsiderate as they talked loudly outside my room at 9am in the morning. I wanted to sleep, but their loud talking and laughing made that impossible.

This was by far one of the worst hotel experiences I've had since my trip to Portland. If this is the Red Roof Inn standard, I won't be staying in one for any time soon.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Been to Red Roof Inn Austin - Round Rock? Share your experiences!