“Stay away” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 23 hotels in Round Rock
Lawrence, Kansas
“Stay away”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

This place was the absolute WORST!! I wrote the corporate office and requested a refund and was ignored. PLEASE don’t ignore me! STAY FAR FAR AWAY from this crap hole! I took pictures but have since deleted them, but it looks like another reviewer has my same room because I had that yellow (Pee like) substance on my wall in the bathroom too. Here is my request for a refund:

April 10-13, 2014 we stayed at your hotel in Round Rock TX off of I-35. That hotel was THE WORST place that I have ever stayed. I made my reservation through Travelocity and IM SURE if they knew the condition of that so call hotel they would remove it from their service list. The walls were disgusting, in the bathroom there was MUCH unfinished “DIY fix-it projects” The windows were locked shut which was too bad because the room had a strange order on top of it being a smoking room. The sheets were thin and yellowish and the towels were so rough we went and purchased our own. I took plenty of pictures because when I please my feedback on Travelocity people will be able to SEE EXACTLY WHAT FILTH THEY ARE GETTING. The proper thing would be to refund our money for horrible accommodations!

If anyone else takes the time to write in and request a refund for their stay………. My suggestion would be to GIVE IT TO THEM!! You owe them that much.
Sheryl

Room Tip: Sind another hotel.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

69 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Round Rock, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

I made reservation through the reservation center and was to check in at 2:30 a.m. This was understood by the agent , but put into the system wrong. I showed up and the lumbering lummox behind the counter didn't know his behind from a hole in the wall. I had to wait 20 minutes for him to wake up. The next day I had to leave a day early for family reasons and went through the channels to have this completed through management and the reservation center. I was told to just call the next day and that everything was approved. The manager Ella or Elle claimed to have no recollection of the matter. In other words very bad experience...incompetent staff and an even WORSE Manager.

Room Tip: Don't book here at all
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Lubbock, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We arrived at the inn, Red Roof Inn, in Round Rock, Texas U.S.A. around 11:00 P.M. Our son had already got his key and was relaxing with Angel, his girl-friend nonchalantly awaiting our arrival. The hotel had not been difficult to find; right off of Interstate 35 almost directly next to an IHOP. It had two large rolling carts for luggage and an elevator to the second and third floors. The front desk staff was very congenial and helpful, at the end of our stay Ella even discounted the room rate for some small problems that we noticed in addition to our Alstate Traveler's discount. There was nicely brewed fresh coffee in the morning, and we warmed hamburger patties in the microwave and had hamburgers so we didn't have to follow each other to some restaurant that late at night, then stored leftovers in the frig.

The housekeeping staff was honest, we felt comfortable enough to leave our computers out and connected in plain sight, and they were quick to find us trash liners to use for our dirty clothes.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

I stayed at this property on the way back from a business trip and found it to be quite pleasant. The hotel was right off I-35 which made it easy to find. I was pleased when I checked in and saw the modern furniture and the room was very clean. I was also happy that there were plenty of restaurants in the area and a movie theatre right on the other side of the highway. I also was checked out by the manager and she was very friendly and professional. I will definitely stay the next time I'm in the Austin area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Wash, Dc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

Small rooms but nicely redone with very functional furniture and new sink area. Only poor part of redo was the toilet / shower area. This room is very small and claustrophobic with a drop ceiling apparently necessitated by a new sprinkler system. Still, this is better than most Red Rook Inns.

Room Tip: Try out the "World Famous" Round Rock Donuts while you are in the area.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

I recently stayed here during SXSW, where I was working all week. I stayed from Thursday, March 6th-14th. I won a pass last minute, and so my lodging closer to Austin were a little hard, so I ended up in Round Rock, just outside of Austin, about 20 minutes. I'd stayed at a couple of Red Roof Inns before, never really had major issues, but this one will definitely make me think twice about staying at Red Roof Inns in the future.
1. Hairs, hairs, everywhere. On the sheets. On the towels. On the toilet. On the bathroom floor. On the walls of the shower. Long, black hair. I have very short hair for a guy. These were clearly a ladies hair, and I had no lady with me. And the pubic hairs in the towel I had to pick out just to use them? Disgusting.
2. Wifi was out for two and a half days, right in the middle of the busy time of SXSW when I needed it the most. With no notice or apology from the hotel. When I called down to the front desk, I was told, "It will be back when it gets back up. Mr. Patel knows about it." Really poor customer service, especially as mad and frustrated as I was. I was forced to go to a coffee shop about 15 minutes away to do the work I needed to do.
3. There was no vending machines on sight with drinks or food. I wanted to get a drink to take some medicine and had to walk over to a neighboring Shell gas station to buy something. I asked if there was any vending machines on site and was told, "Nope. Not at all." Really?
4. Sheets? My top cover had cigarette burn holes in it. My sheet had cuts in it?? And on the sheets were the long black hairs. Unbelievable. Also, I was there for 9 days and they were changed only once?
5. Because I was on the lower floor, I could hear the herd of elephants above me walking. I'm sure they weren't intentional, but there was so much noise it was incredible.
6. Also, because to the thin walls, I could easily hear the couple next to me arguing from 2:30-3:45am one morning, which is exactly what I didn't need considering my work schedule at SXSW.
7. The housekeepers were really loud and inconsiderate as they talked loudly outside my room at 9am in the morning. I wanted to sleep, but their loud talking and laughing made that impossible.

This was by far one of the worst hotel experiences I've had since my trip to Portland. If this is the Red Roof Inn standard, I won't be staying in one for any time soon.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

I have been staying at this location off and on for over a year. I spend about 4 days a week here while working in the area. The staff that has waited on me the longest is Ella the day assistant manager. She is very courteous and knowledgeable. She is quick to take care of me when checking in or out. Great personality.
The night manager Christy is always smiling and humming a tune if not singing quietly to herself. It is refreshing to have these two take care of me when I am staying there. Both work really hard to make sure you are taken care of in the most professional way.
During my stay's here I have seen this location improve quite a lot.
If you bring anything that is not right to the attention of either one of the lady's above they do their best to take care of it in a timely manner.
Now for the building and its equipment.
The rooms are normally cleaned and kept up with, to a satisfactory manner.
I warn anyone to be careful of the vending machines they do like to take your money and often leave your purchase hanging just out of reach.
If you do not like smoking make sure you say so, for some of the rooms seem to have a Oder of cigar smoke in them. The odder will set in your clothes if in one of those rooms.
Most of the PTAC a/c and heat units work well, but I have come across a couple during my stay that will aggravate you.
Recently I have come across a microwave that likes to beep all night long. Simply unplug it.
I have noticed it seems that only one lamp works on the sides of the bed even though there are two, one on each side.
The new carpet is suppose to be going in this week which is a good improvement as well. This location is working on getting this location the improvements that it needs.
The lady's who do the cleaning of the rooms are always very courteous and willing to help if you ask them for something you need.
I have grown to think of this location as my secondary home when here.
The amenities such as cable TV some times has missing channels like this week. Channel 79 is only sound with the cable company's logo floating on the screen.The internet is not always speedy but most of the time you can log in.
The prices have always been satisfactory and never have I been charged for anything that I have not approved. I can not say this for some of the other places I have stayed at across this great country of ours.

Room Tip: I prefer to stay closer to the front on the north side. Third floor in the summer time seems to be...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Neal P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Austin - Round Rock, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We always value the feedback from our guests. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay. We feel that Ella and Christy are strong assets to our team and I shared this review with them and they are pleased as well. We will look forward to serving you again when your travels bring through the Round Rock area.

Been to Red Roof Inn Austin - Round Rock? Share your experiences!