“Great Price, Great Location, Bad smell” 4 of 5 stars

You added Red Roof Inn Austin - Round Rock to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Austin - Round Rock
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1990 North I-35, Round Rock, TX 78681   |
Ranked #22 of 23 hotels in Round Rock
“Great Price, Great Location, Bad smell”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

After reading reviews I was skeptical but everything was great! Restaurants nearby, interstate across the street. Though they should spot clean the carpets and for a "non smoking" room the room and most of the hotel smelled like cigarette smoke. But all in all for $50 a night it wasn't bad.

• Stayed September 2013

69 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Galena, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

The hotel was clean and well maintained. We reserved a room with a queen bed but were given a double. The room was smaller than my bedroom at home. The room was also next to the storage closet on the 3rd floor where someone was constantly going in and out at all hours of the day and night. The room did not seem to be very well insulated so noise from the traffic was very loud and you could hear all of the conversations of the other guests. The pool looked green and not safe to swim in. I was also surprised that there was some sort of fake wood laminate flooring and no carpet in the room. We paid $42 a night so it was adequate enough for our needs and it was clean and bug free which is a plus in my book!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Arlington, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

As I checked in to the hotel, I learned that my "priceline negotiated" price was no "deal." I soon found out why this hotel usually has rooms to sell at rock bottom prices.

As we entered our upgraded, more expensive, deluxe room, I note the uncomfortable temperature of the room and turned on the AC unit wondering if it would work as it was falling off the wall. They did have a bunch of new units near the desk and obviously know they have some issues with the HVAC. It did cool down, but never to an acceptable temperature. I wouldn't use the towels and wash cloths to wash my car... really, I have used a lot of gym towels that are pure luxury compared to these pieces of sand paper. And the wash cloths were one shade above dark grey... maybe people were washing their cars with these rags? There is no phone in the room, and I was exhausted otherwise I would have called down to the desk. The beds were rock hard, and I sleep on a firm mattress. It's only one night, and I knew this wasn't a five-star hotel...

BUT THEN TO TOP THE EXPERIENCE OFF! Almost every toilet seat has two bolts at the back of the seat that hold the seat on the toilet. As I found myself sitting on a filthy tile floor with my pants around my ankles, I realized this toilet only had one bolt and it wasn't tight enough to support my "two-bolt" rear end.

AT ANY PRICE... THIS HOTEL IS UNACCEPTABLE and should not be mentioned in any sentence with the word star. Maybe trick...

I emailed priceline customer service about my experience and was told "We apologize; however, our ability to offer any type of refund is entirely at the discretion of your confirmed hotel. " It's not hard to deduce what the hotel said...

Priceline made no attempt to address the fact that I was concerned with the price I paid... and representing my concerns with the quality of hotels with which they partner.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

A descent location, but very great to access either side of the highway. I know that sounds weird, but, the ideal would be restraunts or what you want to be within walking distance, right. Great check-in. Rooms are great and love the walk-in shower. And a very great price for two people and two beds, had family with me and they were able to accomodate us very well.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Laredo, Tx
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is very run down. Rooms have old carpets and the restroom is a little gross to put it nicely. If you're in Round Rock, it's a good location; fairly close to everything. The guy who checked us in was very nice and accommodated us with 2 double beds even though we were booked for a king, but other than that they don't do much. No free breakfast, but you get a discount at Ihop. I would not stay here again, unless it was my only choice, but overall the experience was not horrible. This was the only hotel that was not booked during such a busy weekend for Austin and the price was fair considering. We paid about $70 per night.

• Stayed March 2013
Victoria, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I was very disappointed. Let's see where can I begin! It's next to a truck stop and we know what that means. People where drinking in the hallway and being very loud. People just standing around looking lost but you know what that meant. The room had an very nasty odor and small. We where part of a group of 7 different rooms and we all had problems. Blood on the bathroom door, blood on the bedcover, tv channel on the guide where not correct plus they advertise that they had HBO but for some reason for that day it was not working. We all would have left but we had an early morning event to go to. And the song don't lie " Freak do come out at night!" Never again!!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Santa Clara, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

The hotel is very close to I-35 and the 24hr/day traffic noise can make it difficult to sleep. Hardwood floors and thin walls means simply bringing in luggage and unpacking can bring about a noise complaint. Basic amenities are adequate. There is a ludicrously tiny outdoor pool but I did not use it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Been to Red Roof Inn Austin - Round Rock? Share your experiences!