“Just plain nasty” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 23 Hotels in Round Rock
Victoria, Texas
“Just plain nasty”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I was very disappointed. Let's see where can I begin! It's next to a truck stop and we know what that means. People where drinking in the hallway and being very loud. People just standing around looking lost but you know what that meant. The room had an very nasty odor and small. We where part of a group of 7 different rooms and we all had problems. Blood on the bathroom door, blood on the bedcover, tv channel on the guide where not correct plus they advertise that they had HBO but for some reason for that day it was not working. We all would have left but we had an early morning event to go to. And the song don't lie " Freak do come out at night!" Never again!!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Santa Clara, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

The hotel is very close to I-35 and the 24hr/day traffic noise can make it difficult to sleep. Hardwood floors and thin walls means simply bringing in luggage and unpacking can bring about a noise complaint. Basic amenities are adequate. There is a ludicrously tiny outdoor pool but I did not use it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Lots of shopping and restaurants around , the lobby is nice, people are nice, room are real nice for the money. This is particular room needs a little TLC on the air conditioner but other than that still a great value

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Very comfy place to stay and once the renovations are complete the will get 5 stars across the board! Front desk service was awesome during check in and out. Very friendly staff! Loved the laminate flooring and the extra large shower stall. Comfy, firm mattress (we prefer firm) provided a great nights sleep. The only thing I had issue with is that only one side of the bed had plug-ins. There were lamps on both sides but only one worked. My hubby and I both require Cpap machines so we had to do some improvising but we made it work. Other than that we spent a very pleasant evening and will be back...we will just remember to pack a small extension cord! Haha

1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

The actual hotel isn't all that bad as they're trying to bring it up to date. The problem is the caliber of people that stay here. Shady folks to say the least. They have faux hardwood floors which makes the stomping a nightmare to sleep through. Other cons are paper thin walls and bad water pressure. Also parts of their renovation seem to have been done by a 12 year old with one arm. Found a roach on the floor in the morning. That was sweet. All in all, I guess this is what you get from the least expensive option in the area.

Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

After canceling my room within the required time frame and being told by two employees that I could cancel without having to pay penalities, I was still charged for a night stay. I called the hotel daily for a week to reach the manager and he was never there. The employee I spoke with was very honest and said he is never around and my issue will probably not get resolved. I then called the corporate offices where they started a case. The manager then emailed me saying he was sorry if I was unhappy but never once addressed the issue at hand, so I called the corporate office back. They said he was disputing my claim and was not going to pay me back. I am so frustrated that I was told by two employees that I would not be charged and now the corporate acts as though they can't help now. DON'T STAY HERE!!!!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Mansfield, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

First off let me say that I am aware that they are in the middle of renovating. That however does not condone the action of not having a back door installed or replaced after the work had stopped for the day. The back door to the hotel was off the hinges and out of sight the entire day and night of our stay. Therefore, anyone could walk up into the stairwell of the hotel with no problems or questions asked. We had left to hotel for awhile and thought that maybe upon our return the door would be replaced. as it turns out it was not. There were little kids at this hotel as well. As a parent the safety of my children is #1 at all times. This was definatley not safe by any means. When we got back I called the front desk to ask them if they knew that the door was missing. the person then said "Hmm I don't know anything about that". So I said, "isn't that a safety concern not to have a door on the back of the hotel"? To which he replied "I guess that would be". He then said he would look into it. After about 90 minutes I went down to check if the door was back on the hinges.. it was not. At this point it was well after midnight. I called the main customer service line about this incident and the reply was.

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Austin Round Rock Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. We are undergoing renovations at the moment and we are due to have our door replaced immediataly. Please accept our sincere apologies, it was not our intentions to make you feel unsafe at all during your visit to us.

I can assure you that corrective measures will be taken to ensure a similar situation does not occur in the future. At Red Roof, it is our intention to have your confidence in our abilities to prevent similar problems in the future. Please know that we value you as our guest and appreciate your business. Thank you for sharing your concerns and I hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you at Red Roof the next time your travel plans require lodging.

It doesn't take a friggn' genius to hang a door..

Overall my experience here was not a good one and I will not be back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Red Roof Inn Austin - Round Rock? Share your experiences!