“What is that??” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 23 Hotels in Round Rock
Spring, Texas
“What is that??”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We came in town for a friend's baby shower and unbeknownst to us it coincided with the the SXSW music festival. He booked the day before so almost everything was booked with the exception being the red Roof. We checked in and the clerk immediately starts hitting on me asking if I'm an actress, when I tried to show him my identification or credit card he says he doesn't need it. We park and go to the back entrance to get to our room. There isn't a door on the back of the hotel. the back hallway smelled like old Chinese food. We get to the room and I am slightly relieved as the room looks modernized with wooden laminate floors and a contemporary, modern designs. That is until we get into the room and all over the wall are bright yellow stains. Looked like someone had urinated all over the walls. It was late and we basically just needed a bed for the night so it did the job, but I wouldn't let our 10 month old crawl on the floor and I took a shower with my flip flops on. The room had AC and clean sheets, but the towels smelled like cigarettes and the hair dryer was broken. Wasn't worth the $150 we had to pay by any means. Won't stay there again if we can help it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Washougal, WA United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Just as an example, the bathroom door was a sliding door, and it did not line up with the door sill, so there was no privacy. Also the online booking process was nothing but silly. A single bed room had a rate. A 2 bedded room rate or a king, was shown as $683.98 per night. When I called they said, Oh, yeah, we are trying to get that fixed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stopped there because it was late, I was tired, and there was a sign out front advertising rooms for $49 per night. When I asked inside, the clerk told me that those rooms were all taken and that I would have to pay $50, or $63.24 with tax. Other than that, I had few complaints. The room was comfortable and reasonably quiet. I was on my way early the next morning.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Bathroom was dirty, bed were hard, curtains not hung but taped. Would not stay there again! Asked about my group rate he said it was already applied but it was not, had to call to get refunded.worst place Ive ever spent money on to stay at!

• Stayed February 2013
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

1. My king room has wood floors, upgraded bathroom, modern sink and faucet, 32 inch flat screen, refrigerator. Under $55. including all Tax.
2. Cracker Barrel, Saltgrass Steakhouse, IHOP, and loads of other nice restaurants, shopping close, including the newly designed Sears Great store, that is awesome.
3. Fresh coffee and vending machines 24 hours a day down stairs. And the Walgreens in the area.
For me that spells a really good value it's not the Hilton but you're not paying Hilton prices either

• Stayed February 2013
Oskaloosa, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

First of all after reserving rooms by phone the day of arrival. We arrive to hotel where it takes my husband and brother in-law around 20 minutes to check in. I finally got in to find out what the hold up is and find that the people working the front desk appear to not know what they are doing. They seem to be high with glazed eyes. Being a guy in uniform and a woman in street clothes that I am not sure worked there. They appeared to be a couple. We finally get checked in and all go to our rooms. To find that they smell of paint fumes real bad and different things are missing from the room. Like a night stand and light fixtures where the paint is different. The bathroom door didn't close at first till my husband fought it and got it to part of the way. Which wouldn't have been a problem but my sister in law was sharing our room.Tired from the long trip that day I decide to shower straight off and find when I get out of the shower there is no hair dryer. So I call down to the front desk where the girl tells me she will look for one and bring one up. When she gets it to us. Keep in mind this is the girl who is not in uniform and may or may not work there. Tells me that we need to bring it back to the front desk when we are done because they only have 2 for the hotel. Just being happy to have dry hair we do as asked. So we jump into bed to find that the mattresses are hard as rocks and covered in plastic. So all night we tossed and turned and continued to be woke from plastic crinkling. The next morning we go down for continental breakfast to find there is none. So we use the discount we get with the room key and go next door to Ihop for breakfast. We all then decided that we couldn't spend another night in that place and checked into another hotel for the rest of our stay.

Room Tip: Go to the La Quinta a short distance away!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Visited the hotel in November and stayed there for 6 days. And what an adventure. After the first day, when I got back to the hotel late in the evening, my room was blocked. The staff from front desk told me that I did not check inn and they did not reserve the room for me anymore .... and this with my stuff inside the room. I spend 30 min. trying to explain that I check inn the day before for when my reservation start. Finally got my room back. Next day the same....come on, how any times can you make the same mistake? Well in this case 4 times :), in 4 consecutive days. Than in every morning for 5 mornings I had to fight with the staff because they where charging me on the daily basis extra, not a change to be charged at the end of my staying there. It took us 2 weeks of calls to get our money back for overcharging. Bottom line the hotel it wasn't for me, there are so many other choices in Austin- Round Rock area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Red Roof Inn Austin - Round Rock? Share your experiences!