“Stay away” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 23 Hotels in Round Rock
Austin, Texas
“Stay away”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Visited the hotel in November and stayed there for 6 days. And what an adventure. After the first day, when I got back to the hotel late in the evening, my room was blocked. The staff from front desk told me that I did not check inn and they did not reserve the room for me anymore .... and this with my stuff inside the room. I spend 30 min. trying to explain that I check inn the day before for when my reservation start. Finally got my room back. Next day the same....come on, how any times can you make the same mistake? Well in this case 4 times :), in 4 consecutive days. Than in every morning for 5 mornings I had to fight with the staff because they where charging me on the daily basis extra, not a change to be charged at the end of my staying there. It took us 2 weeks of calls to get our money back for overcharging. Bottom line the hotel it wasn't for me, there are so many other choices in Austin- Round Rock area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Made reservations 1 month in advanced for the Circuit of the Americas F1 race. The hotel is under construction to get rid of BED BUGS! Found bugs on bed spread and exoskeleton of bed bugs. Took bed bugs to the front desk and showed them. They replied that they use to have a problem, but they haven't had complaints lately and denied any kind of refund of any amount. I checked out anyway. BED BUGS WILL GO HOME WITH YOU!!

BED BUGS are nocturnal and feed on blood. Although commonly found in beds, they live everywhere. Just because you don't see them during the day doesn't mean they are not there. They have BED BUG covers on the mattresses and pillow cases. I found bugs in the dresser too. DO NOT STAY HERE!

Room Tip: Bed Bugs! Do not stay here!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Neal P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Austin - Round Rock, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Being away from home often wears on a person. We strive to make your stay as cozy and comfortable as possible. We're under a new ownership and new management and take this issue seriously. After a report was made a Pest Control Inspection company was called but no sings of Bed Bugs were found on the report. We're almost done with our renovations please give a chance to provide you with the Texas Hospitality.

Thank you.

Neal Patel
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Pets? Is there a size limit? We opened the door and found around a 60lb shepard walking down the hall as if on his way to get ice (if they have any) Are they cheaping out or what? cheap lighting, we had to open drapes and everyone glanced inside as they walked by, no tissue dispenser, no center table with lamp, no bed covers (just a blanket and a sheet), no shampoo or lotions, not even a hair dryer, a microwave that we had to search for an outlet to plug it, what happen to the decorative picture frames? Its really just a plain room with a bed. And, for 80.00 it should look more inviting. A home away from home. I probably would've got a better looking room at a cheaper place. Appearance goes a long way.

• Stayed November 2012
Austin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

My first time staying at a Red Roof Inn. The hotel was under construction and I had to step over construction equipment to go down the hallway to my room. My room was not finished and still under construction. There were two beds each a different height than the other and the beds could have been purchased at a distress sale and could have not been cheeper material. From this experience I would never personally stay at a Red Rood Inn and will tell everyone I know of my unpleasant experience with this hotel. Dr John V Stangel

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Argonia, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

In the process of remodeling (9/19/12). I think they made the bed and pushed them against the wall just so they could rent the room. Sheet rock dust on carpet, beds only inches from the floor, and someone else's #2 in the toilet when we got in there. The lobby was beautiful --- but the rooms were terrible. It was really late when we checked in and thank goodness we only wanted a few hours sleep.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Aubrey, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Although you could tell they were in the process of remodeling which I hope will make the hotel a nicer place to stay... Wasn't very nice for us this past weekend. We had a non smoking room that smelled of cigaretttes! The bed was rock hard, the pillows went immediately flat when laid on. The shower drizzled water out, the sink didn't drain very well. The microwave had to be kept unplugged when not in use as it would constantly beep every couple of minutes. HBO? No! Very few channels to choose from, not the amount they say they have. All in all... I would not stay here again nor would I recomend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

Stayed on July 20, 2012. Woke up Itchy. Checked under my sheets and found several bed bugs and blood marks. Was bitten over 200 times. Took pictures and brought to the front desk's attention. They offered to take $10 off my room bill for the inconvenience. Do not stay here!

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Red Roof Inn Austin - Round Rock? Share your experiences!