“Put it this way...we paid 80.00 and probably could have paid 60.00 and got a better looking more inviting room.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Austin - Round Rock

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn Austin - Round Rock to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Austin - Round Rock
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1990 North I-35, Round Rock, TX 78681   |
Ranked #22 of 23 Hotels in Round Rock
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Pets? Is there a size limit? We opened the door and found around a 60lb shepard walking down the hall as if on his way to get ice (if they have any) Are they cheaping out or what? cheap lighting, we had to open drapes and everyone glanced inside as they walked by, no tissue dispenser, no center table with lamp, no bed covers (just a blanket and a sheet), no shampoo or lotions, not even a hair dryer, a microwave that we had to search for an outlet to plug it, what happen to the decorative picture frames? Its really just a plain room with a bed. And, for 80.00 it should look more inviting. A home away from home. I probably would've got a better looking room at a cheaper place. Appearance goes a long way.

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Austin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

My first time staying at a Red Roof Inn. The hotel was under construction and I had to step over construction equipment to go down the hallway to my room. My room was not finished and still under construction. There were two beds each a different height than the other and the beds could have been purchased at a distress sale and could have not been cheeper material. From this experience I would never personally stay at a Red Rood Inn and will tell everyone I know of my unpleasant experience with this hotel. Dr John V Stangel

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Argonia, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

In the process of remodeling (9/19/12). I think they made the bed and pushed them against the wall just so they could rent the room. Sheet rock dust on carpet, beds only inches from the floor, and someone else's #2 in the toilet when we got in there. The lobby was beautiful --- but the rooms were terrible. It was really late when we checked in and thank goodness we only wanted a few hours sleep.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Aubrey, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Although you could tell they were in the process of remodeling which I hope will make the hotel a nicer place to stay... Wasn't very nice for us this past weekend. We had a non smoking room that smelled of cigaretttes! The bed was rock hard, the pillows went immediately flat when laid on. The shower drizzled water out, the sink didn't drain very well. The microwave had to be kept unplugged when not in use as it would constantly beep every couple of minutes. HBO? No! Very few channels to choose from, not the amount they say they have. All in all... I would not stay here again nor would I recomend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

Stayed on July 20, 2012. Woke up Itchy. Checked under my sheets and found several bed bugs and blood marks. Was bitten over 200 times. Took pictures and brought to the front desk's attention. They offered to take $10 off my room bill for the inconvenience. Do not stay here!

• Stayed July 2012
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

My stay was very good, everyone was very good willing to help out what,anything that me and my brother needed iron, exter towels, ice, I'll stay there again, I stayed there about 7 years ago when I was in town, ****** Did not see any bed bugs,at all I think some very mad persons wrote bad reviews, we stayed 4 nights, everything was great.. the price was right,places to eat close by, post office gym, what do they want, the room was very clean, bath clean, tell them to stop wetting to bed and they will not smell the urine, a holes wrote bad review,some people should go and stay at a $200.00 a night room and then they will still fine something wrong,with it... I was very happy and will stay again, and again Walter & Ted.......

Room Tip: All rooms are great, if you want,sun in your room the south side is for you,no A/C noise at all I wa...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at this place for 2 nights beginning of may 2012. Walking into the room there is an overwhelming stench of animal urine that never went away.

Before going to bed, I checked for bugs, expecting to see some. None found, so I went to bed and had no issues 1st night. 2nd night not so lucky. Woke up at 2am with several bites and bugs on the bed.

I checked out that morning, complaining of the odor and bugs. Was issued at 15 dollar credit for "insects". Suprised red roof would allow this place to hang their name on the wall.

• Stayed May 2012

Been to Red Roof Inn Austin - Round Rock? Share your experiences!