“BED BUGS!!!!!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1990 North I-35, Round Rock, TX 78681   |
Ranked #22 of 23 hotels in Round Rock
“BED BUGS!!!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

Stayed on July 20, 2012. Woke up Itchy. Checked under my sheets and found several bed bugs and blood marks. Was bitten over 200 times. Took pictures and brought to the front desk's attention. They offered to take $10 off my room bill for the inconvenience. Do not stay here!

• Stayed July 2012

69 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

My stay was very good, everyone was very good willing to help out what,anything that me and my brother needed iron, exter towels, ice, I'll stay there again, I stayed there about 7 years ago when I was in town, ****** Did not see any bed bugs,at all I think some very mad persons wrote bad reviews, we stayed 4 nights, everything was great.. the price was right,places to eat close by, post office gym, what do they want, the room was very clean, bath clean, tell them to stop wetting to bed and they will not smell the urine, a holes wrote bad review,some people should go and stay at a $200.00 a night room and then they will still fine something wrong,with it... I was very happy and will stay again, and again Walter & Ted.......

Room Tip: All rooms are great, if you want,sun in your room the south side is for you,no A/C noise at all I wa...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at this place for 2 nights beginning of may 2012. Walking into the room there is an overwhelming stench of animal urine that never went away.

Before going to bed, I checked for bugs, expecting to see some. None found, so I went to bed and had no issues 1st night. 2nd night not so lucky. Woke up at 2am with several bites and bugs on the bed.

I checked out that morning, complaining of the odor and bugs. Was issued at 15 dollar credit for "insects". Suprised red roof would allow this place to hang their name on the wall.

• Stayed May 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012 via mobile

So many things were wrong with this motel. The people at the front desk were nice enough but no discounts were given because of "events". The room was $79. Definitely not worth the price. After about an hour in the room I was bitten by several bedbugs and saw many bugs. We were moved. No bugs but not necessarily clean. We were given a $15 credit but felt our money should have been refunded. They say they are remodeling but I wouldn't stay there. Especially in room 322.

• Stayed May 2012
McAllen, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

We were gonna stay at this hotel on Saturday April 15, 2012. Arrived and checked in and thank God we waited to place our luggage on our beds the remained on the rolling rack they own. Decided to pull back the comforters and move the pillows when to my shock found a huge BED BUG. I took a photo and have a video of heaven knows what else was crawling on the beds. We did complain and the only thing they wanted to do is move us to another room, but no thanks if you have them in this room you are more then likely infested. Tired from our trip had to leave at 1:30 am to try to get another hotel. Please do not stay here unless you plan on bringing bed bugs home with you.

Room Tip: BED BUGS !!!!!!!! Do Not stay in this hotel
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
The Colony, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

I made my reservation at this location because unknown to me at the time I scheduled my trip to Austin, there was also the South by Southwest Festival in town which had ALL the hotels quadrupling their regular rates. I got a queen sized bed for my teenage daughter and myself but right before we left for our trip my oldest daughter came home on leave. She's in the military out of state and we hadn't seen her since November - so she came along.

I called the location and asked if they could switch our room to one with a double bed but they were booked. When we got there (on a Thursday) they were actually 'over' booked by two reservations. Not a problem - I let them know the situation again and asked if they would let us know if anything came open.

Since they had no roll aways, I asked if I could get an extra comforter and sheets for my teenager, which they did let me have. She agreed to bunk on the floor since we didn't have enough room on the bed for three people. While I was getting the bedding a guy cancelled one of his rooms. I asked if one was a double, which it was, and asked if we could switch rooms. They wouldn't let me because they were still over booked.

Later that night when we got back to the hotel, I asked if they had any rooms available. They had a king sized bed. I asked if we could switch and again explained the situation. The guy at the desk said sure for $140. My queen sized room was priced at $69.99 plus tax ??? Wow and incredible increase and it was already late. They already had a sign up saying sold out so it wouldn't have hurt anyone to change my room and charge me a reasonable difference.

Once I got over the shock of the price gouging, I went back down and asked if the location was independently owned. The desk guy said it was, by his father. I told him the hotel the night before had only charged us $10 extra to change rooms but he said only the manager could make that decision. ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME - HE JUST SAID HIS DAD OWNED THE PLACE BUT HE COULDN'T MAKE A DECISION LIKE THAT - If I could have cancelled by reservation right then and there, I would have.

To top it off - the rooms aren't worth over $50 - the bed linens are thin - the pillows are old and worn out. There is nothing extra about this place. It's like a Motel 6 - they offered 20% off at the IHOP 'next' door since they didn't even offer a continental breakfast but you can't get to the restaurant without driving down the highway three miles, turning around and driving back down the service road. They didn't even have coffee makers in the room unless you had a deluxe room - what is deluxe about a simple cup of coffee in the morning.

Room Tip: To fine a good room - find another hotel
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

My husband and i stayed one nite at this great Red Roof Inn hotel. the reviews were right one as the place was very clean, large room with fridge, microwave and 27``inch screen TV. The bed was very comfortable, pillows as well. i would stay there again

Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Red Roof Inn Austin - Round Rock? Share your experiences!