“Bed Bugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 23 Hotels in Round Rock
McAllen, Texas
“Bed Bugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

We were gonna stay at this hotel on Saturday April 15, 2012. Arrived and checked in and thank God we waited to place our luggage on our beds the remained on the rolling rack they own. Decided to pull back the comforters and move the pillows when to my shock found a huge BED BUG. I took a photo and have a video of heaven knows what else was crawling on the beds. We did complain and the only thing they wanted to do is move us to another room, but no thanks if you have them in this room you are more then likely infested. Tired from our trip had to leave at 1:30 am to try to get another hotel. Please do not stay here unless you plan on bringing bed bugs home with you.

Room Tip: BED BUGS !!!!!!!! Do Not stay in this hotel
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
The Colony, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

I made my reservation at this location because unknown to me at the time I scheduled my trip to Austin, there was also the South by Southwest Festival in town which had ALL the hotels quadrupling their regular rates. I got a queen sized bed for my teenage daughter and myself but right before we left for our trip my oldest daughter came home on leave. She's in the military out of state and we hadn't seen her since November - so she came along.

I called the location and asked if they could switch our room to one with a double bed but they were booked. When we got there (on a Thursday) they were actually 'over' booked by two reservations. Not a problem - I let them know the situation again and asked if they would let us know if anything came open.

Since they had no roll aways, I asked if I could get an extra comforter and sheets for my teenager, which they did let me have. She agreed to bunk on the floor since we didn't have enough room on the bed for three people. While I was getting the bedding a guy cancelled one of his rooms. I asked if one was a double, which it was, and asked if we could switch rooms. They wouldn't let me because they were still over booked.

Later that night when we got back to the hotel, I asked if they had any rooms available. They had a king sized bed. I asked if we could switch and again explained the situation. The guy at the desk said sure for $140. My queen sized room was priced at $69.99 plus tax ??? Wow and incredible increase and it was already late. They already had a sign up saying sold out so it wouldn't have hurt anyone to change my room and charge me a reasonable difference.

Once I got over the shock of the price gouging, I went back down and asked if the location was independently owned. The desk guy said it was, by his father. I told him the hotel the night before had only charged us $10 extra to change rooms but he said only the manager could make that decision. ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME - HE JUST SAID HIS DAD OWNED THE PLACE BUT HE COULDN'T MAKE A DECISION LIKE THAT - If I could have cancelled by reservation right then and there, I would have.

To top it off - the rooms aren't worth over $50 - the bed linens are thin - the pillows are old and worn out. There is nothing extra about this place. It's like a Motel 6 - they offered 20% off at the IHOP 'next' door since they didn't even offer a continental breakfast but you can't get to the restaurant without driving down the highway three miles, turning around and driving back down the service road. They didn't even have coffee makers in the room unless you had a deluxe room - what is deluxe about a simple cup of coffee in the morning.

Room Tip: To fine a good room - find another hotel
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

My husband and i stayed one nite at this great Red Roof Inn hotel. the reviews were right one as the place was very clean, large room with fridge, microwave and 27``inch screen TV. The bed was very comfortable, pillows as well. i would stay there again

Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Temple, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

EveryTime, i come into town, i always get my room at RED ROOF INN. and Tanya Tibbs is always friendly,. always willing to go out of her way to do the best for me,. thnk you soo much for the Perfect Service. :)

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

I am a business traveler and finding a place to stay that makes you feel at home is important to me. This a great neighborhood, lots of resturants with shopping close by if you need anything. The rooms are very clean and you will get a great night sleep (no noisey traffic). What I appreciate the most is how the staff works together in providing a pleasant travel experience. I truely felt at home. Thanks again everyone. You are the reason I look forward to many happy returns. You truely do offer the best service.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

I've been staying at this hotel for almost 1 month now the service is excellent, and it's pretty easy to access the hotel from the highway.

Room Tip: Handicap rooms are much larger, ask if you can upgrade it if it's available, usually be the same...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Round Rock, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

When tragedy happened to my 2 older kids and myself, we found ourselves in need of a long term hotel to stay in. For price reasons and location reasons we chose the Red Roof Inn located in Round Rock, TX. I was leary about staying in a hotel long term, but this hotel was so inviting. The staff at the front desk Adam welcomed us and made the first process very easy. The General manager Paul is always helpful to answer any questions and any other help that I may need. I do not feel like just another room number. The whole staff is very friendly at any time of the day. The best part of us staying here is the housekeeping service. This service is everyday, no matter how long your stay is and that was impressive. All of the housekeeping staff is very friendly and willing to help in anyway they can. They even take time to get to know long term residents by their first name. Our housekeeper Mary Nuncio was wonderful and deserves praise. Mary is always working from the time she gets here till she leaves, I have never seen her sitting down. The room we are in is always spotless and clean smelling beyond anything that I could expect. On the days we do not request or want service Mary always leaves fresh towels, soap and shampoo by our door. Even the hallways are fresh smelling and vacuumed well everyday. The elevator is clean also. The cleaning staff in this hotel go above and beyond anything you could expect from a low price hotel. The front desk is awsome also. (We have also gotten free and working internet everyday)

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to Red Roof Inn Austin - Round Rock? Share your experiences!