“Simply average” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Simply average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I was hoping the TRH of Texas would be above the rest, but it was just as average. Steak was a bit dry and the 'roadkill' entree was just a glamorized hamburger and not cooked the way I'm used to. Waiter was good and very sociable however there was a pompous female manager that degraded an employee near us and other customers and then continued to gossip with another employee while the degraded employee cleaned nearby; I found this to be very unprofessional. The hostess also decided to have us walk all the way to the back corner of the restaurant, with my grandmother who needed help to walk, even though the restaurant was not full since it was only 4pm on a Sunday. Our server was great but the rest of the staff was not very considerate of anyone. I would not return to this restaurant.

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

College Station, Texas
“Consistently best mid priced steaks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

This Texas Roadhouse was on par with most - great food and service for reasonable prices. The rolls and honey cinnamon butter are perhaps the best part and will fill you up before you get to try the usually excellent entrees.

You can't beat the steaks for the price - they are better than most places you pay twice as much for.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sugar Land, Texas
“What a surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

We've passed by this restaurant for several years and never thought to try it. While we were at a party a few weeks ago, the host brought their food in and it was terrific.
So my husband and I decided to visit the restaurant this past Wednesday evening and were surprised at how crowded it was, yet there were no long lines (By the way, you can call ahead and get your name placed on a waiting list to avoid any potential wait). The host/hostess who seated us, grabbed a basket of rolls and cinnamon butter as he directed us to our table. I loved the fact that we didn't have to ask or wait for them. Each table has a bucket of peanuts, and guests are encouraged to throw the shells on the floor.
The menu is extensive. We each ordered the Texas Size Combo with grilled chicken and ribs, but could have easily shared one ordered. The ribs were the most tender and delicious that I have ever eaten. The plate came with a choice of two sides. We both ordered the cup of chili which was big and delicious, made with a lot of meat and little beans. It has a kick and comes with raw onions sprinkled on top, so if you don't want them, be sure to let them know when you order. I had the steak fries and my husband the buttered corn and both were excellent. The rolls are great, too.
It was a wonderful meal and we will return. It is very noisy, with a strong party atmosphere, so I wouldn't recommend it for business, but it's a great and fun place for families and celebrations.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Richmond, Texas
“Poor service,didn't stick around for the food.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Attempted lunch on Superbowl Sunday at TRH and it was pretty bad. My wife and I were seated almost immediately only to wait for about ten minutes before I had to get up and ask if someone would come take our drink order. Couldn't understand the reason for the bad service. Restraunt wasn't full, had other members of the waitstaff standing around flipping peanuts in the air. Well we waited another five minutes before we decided to take our business and appetite elsewhere. Don't want to say that'll be our last visit, but it'll be a while before we return.

Visited February 2014
San Diego, California
“Veteran's Day Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

It was Veteran's Day and lunch was free for all military veteran's. It was nice to see all the military families enjoying lunch with their families. We had a 15 minute wait for a table for 3. I loved the fresh, warm bread they serve as you are seated at your table. Food was good, service was excellent. The only thing I didn't like was the empty peanut shells on the floor in the waiting area. I would eat here again on my return trip to Houston.

• Visited November 2013