“Problem after problem” 2 of 5 stars

Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
“Problem after problem”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

They brought me the wrong drink. The salad was rotten, and I got a brown and soggy piece on my mouth before noticing it. They brought the wrong side with my steak. The server verbalized a bad visit but didn't alert the manager or offer to comp the salad. To top it off, the server added $3 to the tip on my debit card. The manager said he will correct the charge, but even he didn't offer to comp the salad until I asked. Probably will choose somewhere else next time.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Forney, Texas
“Enjoy going here with our family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

A great place to go for a special treat, and for treating out of state visitors. It is truly Texan, from the horse shoes in the pavement leading to the door, to the longhorns on the walls and country music. Great steaks and I love the fried shrimp. Good salads and iced tea. Great service.

Visited April 2013
Dallas, Texas
“LOVE IT!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

It is kinda high priced, but we've never been disappointed! We love this place. The decor is also really cool. Rustic & TEXAN for sure.

Visited January 2013
Dallas
“Maudeen's Filet Melts in Your Mouth!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

My hubby and I do not even look at the menu any more. We always order the Maudeen's filet, grilled shrimp, salad and either a baked potato or a baked sweet potato. The steak is always mouth watering and cooked to perfection. The grilled shrimp makes a nice addition to the meal.
On this visit, our food was great as usual! We were with a large group this weekend and it took a while to get seated, however the service was ok after that. I will go back to this location and others within the chain.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Austin, Texas
“Saltgrass Rockwall Texas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I had not eaten at a Saltgrass in years. Stayed at the Hampton Inn on the same street (reviewed before) and decided to walk up the hill. It is only about 500 feet away from the Hampton. It was a Wednesday nite at 7 PM. This place was hopping. Must be the only major steak house in town because it was busy. High energy. There was no wait but lots of activity. I was greeted and seated immediately. Lots of large groups, families, etc... I was greeted quickly by my wait staff, Nathan. He was quick with the drink order and recommendations. He was attentive throughout even though he was attending several tables. It was as if all their diners showed up at roughly the same time. I noticed that they had two people attending some of the larger groups. The salad with honey mustard dressing was very cold and fresh. The dark beer bread with sweet butter was also warm - just out of the oven . When my steak and baked potato showed up it was cooked to perfection with a dap of butter melting on top. Hot and tasty.
I was also impressed that other wait staff picked up empty dishes as they saw them when passing while Nathan attended to other tables. Good team work. A great dining experience to end a long day of business and traveling. I will go back and even try to get to my local Saltgrass in the near future.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere