“Total waste of time and money” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 12 Attractions in Rockwall
More attraction details
Owner description: Sail with Scott offers group, shared, and private sailing charters aboard the Seawolf, a beautiful 40 foot wooden catamaran, Harbor Lights, a 57 foot air-conditioned power boat and Bucket List, a 37 foot carbon-fiber racing trimaran in Rockwall, Texas.Sail with Scott offers sailing charter for shared cruises, at $25 to $30 per person. Daily departures at 5pm, 7pm, 9pm
Euless, Texas
10 attraction reviews
“Total waste of time and money”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I'm not sure why anyone would consider this a "must do". My husband bought a groupon for the two of us. Normally $30/person but this was $30 for the two of us. I wouldn't pay $5. We went nowhere at slow-boat-to China speed with no entertainment other than a crummy radio station and a birthday party on the top deck with us consisting of about 20 people getting drunker and louder. Well, at least someone was having a good time out there.
Though the weather was perfect and it was a gorgeous early fall day, it was just a slow and overpriced boat ride to nowhere.
The final straw was when I went below to get our "complimentary" water that was promised on the signs. Nope! The bottles were $1 and I was directed to a water fountain.
We couldn't get out of there fast enough when it was all over.
Please don't waste your precious money and time with this rip-off.

Visited October 2013

Dallas, Texas
7 attraction reviews
“Bored beyond belief!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

My Wife and I participated in the 5pm Harbour Lights Cruise on a two tier pontoon around Lake Ray Hubbard, Rockwall, Tx, for 90mins and we used a Groupon ($15 normally $30) The evening was near perfect weather for a nice cruise on the water!

Slow and boring doesn't begin to define the experience! The boat travels at approximately 5 knots and you go out into the lake for about 300 yards from the shore, then travel out 45mins and return...Lake Ray Hubbard has NO views, one side is homes (not even that good) and way on the other side, a cement factory and NOTHING else!! They play a local radio station in the background...and that's really the only interaction that you have with the team running the boat. Occasionally the teenage 1st mate would wander around, ask if everything was okay and move on...not really sure he listened to any responses!

I wouldn't recommend this for anyone...get your friends together and rent a pontoon for your group and have some fun instead!! Our experience is that we wouldn't have paid $10 for the cruise, never mind the $30 FULL CHARGE!

Also they say on the website and signs that they have complimentary water...good wording, they have a water fountain, but if you want a bottle of water...$1 please!!

Visited October 2013
Sunnyvale, Texas
10 attraction reviews
“Absolutely Relaxing......”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I Loved it. I elected to take my children out on the 9pm Moonlight ride because they advertised the fireworks for that night. If I disliked anything it was that I did NOT realize ahead of time that it is was really a more Adult Romantic Cruise and not really for my young children and my baby boy did tell me it (as it was all adults on the cruise): Mommie, it just smells like alcohol here....and they are so loud. BUT.....as an Adult....it was Wonderful. (I do not suggest the Moonlight Cruise for minors....It is a BYOB setting and is most Romantice for Adults, but I did not feel it Appropriate for my minors). Yes!

Fate, TX
4 attraction reviews
“Waste of time and money”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Got a groupon for the Harbor Lights hour and a half cruise on Lake Ray Hubbard.
Sailed on the 5 PM trip on Sunday 8/11/13.
They said the vessel had air conditioning so we figured it would be okay even if the temp was pushing 100 F. We were very wrong. The vessel uncomfortably warm but since the trip was actually under 75 minutes it was not that bad. I am not sure what we should have expected; however, we have done similar type trips in Nashville, NYC, Washington DC, San Francisco, Ft. Lauderdale and they were all narrated. There was no narration of any sites on the lake so after spending an hour doing essentially a figure 8 in the middle of the lake, we had learned nothing, were hot, uncomfortable and out $30.

Plano, Texas
44 attraction reviews
“Not for romance/couples only groups & families with kids”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

My and I went for our anniversary and although it was a pretty view it's not something ill ever do again without a group or our 3 kids. You can sit in the "barge" or on the too deck though I recommend on top because half way thru the ride everyone will be on top with standing room only. It's BYOB and food which sounds great except for the large groups and kids and coolers which allows no romance at all. People are leaning across you or your table to take pics or asks you to take some of them. Again great idea for groups or families/kids but not romantic. They do sell water,sodas for only $1.the reason I have a higher score on value was becuz I got it half off with groupon. And we were only out for 60 not 90minutes.