I stayed at the Best Western this past week on another business excursion to the area. This is the first time that I have stayed at this particular hotel but, based on others' reviews, I decided to give it a shot.
The staff tries very hard to make the stay pleasant. It was clean; everyone was courteous and my request to be away from the the interstatee was honored. The room was spacious; nice TV. Internet was a bit on the slow side which is not good for me as I work from the room in the evening hours.
However, there are a few things that make this hotel not one I would return to unless other hotels were booked up. First, the traffic noise is very loud unless you get a room away from the traffic and keep the fan running. The hotel is situated extremely close to a very busy 24/7 interstate.
Second, again the location. It is on a one way street with very heavy traffic. There is nothing that I would attempt to walk to and I like to run in the evening when on business trips. In order to go anywhere, you have turn right and go with the traffic until you can go left under the interstate or make a huge round trip to go down Goliad street. Very inconvenient.
Third, the fitness room consists of a room not much larger than a closet with three or four treadmills - no free weights, no area for core workout, nothing. I saw no one in the fitness center the time I was there. There is what looked to be a nice indoor pool and hot tub which no one was using.
Fourth, I'm sorry; maybe it's me but I am so tired of the hotel included breakfasts. Boiled eggs of an unknown date; pastries; waffles, fake eggs and microwaved, I think, sausage. I wish someone would break the mold and offer a healthy breakfast. The breakfast lady was very courteous and helpful.
Overall; if price is your main concern, you won't find a better hotel at this price in Rockwall. If amenities and convenience are more important, this isn't the place for you.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Rockwall Hotel
- Best Western Plus Rockwall Hotel Rockwall
- Best Western Plus Rockwall Inn And Suites
- Holiday Inn Rockwall
- Rockwall Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to "100% Non Smoking" Best Western Plus is Ideally located off I-30, Close to Beautiful Lake Ray Hubbard, City Center, Rockwall Industrial Technology Park. Major Restaurant, Lounge and Shopping within close proximity. All guest rooms are spacious and tastefully decorated, each of our standard rooms are equipped with 32" LCD TV, Exec Desk/Chair, Coffee Maker, Iron/Board, Hair Dryer & Micro/Fridge. Our Mini Suites are with 42" LCD and a Sleeper sofa. Every morning starts with FREE HOT Breakfast, other amenities are Business Center, Indoor Pool/ Spa, Fitness Center & 1050Sq ft Meeting room. We are just 18 miles East of Dallas, Downtown and 43 Miles from DFW Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Best Western, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Rockwall Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.