“Won't be back” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Laguna Reef Condominiums

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rockport
Laguna Reef Condominiums
You added Laguna Reef Condominiums to your Saves list
1021 S. Water Street, Rockport, TX 78382   |
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Rockport
San antonio
“Won't be back”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2011

The only thing descent was the fishing off the pier. Some of the staff looked friendly but I found one to be rude "Timothy". The carpeting in the room was torn across, one bed was leaning toward one side, and the room was humid, even with ac running. My room came with a portable humidifier. Not a good stay. I didn't even bother to change rooms. Spent $218.00 for two nights. My other family members had similar problems and changed rooms. Others just didn't check in and stayed else where. Not worth the money and regretted not staying at the holiday inn express. If they have to change your room, forget it.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Victoria, Tx USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2010

I have been staying at Laguna Reef for the past 25 years. When my husband and I got married in 2001 he started coming to Rockport with me and we still stay at Laguna Reef. We have stayed between the two of us in almost every motel/hotel in Rockport and always come back to Laguna Reef. Love the location, hot tub is the best ever and the view of Aransas Bay is amazing. Rooms need updating, but they are clean and spacious. Thanks for a relaxing weekend!

Weekender from Victoria, Tx

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2010

I visited the end of Jan. '10, early Feb. for some warmth (I live in PA) and birding. It was cooler than usual, in the '50s, but the birding was very good, especially seeing the whooping cranes. The Laguna Reef was a good place to stay-inexpensive, clean, right on the bay (good for fishing and birding). Great view from my balcony over the bay. Also near the main drag in Rockport, with shops and art galleries. The staff was friendly and helpful. Good, simple 'continental' breakfast provided-not just some rolls and drinks, but different muffins and even cold cereal and yogurt. One criticism: the walls are thin, I could hear the people and TV from next door. But since I was out much of the time this was a minor problem ( and only in the living room, not in the bedroom). All in all a good place to stay, and a good trip.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2009

I want to start by stating the staff was great and friendly, but thats were it stops. Check in around three, three famlies, bottom floor, three rooms~ mold growing on the walls, on the mattresses (side), towels hanging in bathroom were dirty! One room if you change the tv channel the air conditioner would turn off, all plug ins in one room were plugged in to one circut board~ fire hazard~, all mattresses old and nasty and sagged in the center. Carpet in these rooms was either torn or smelled and the cobwebs under the tables in the rooms was scary! This next statment may be seasonal but the saltgrass mosquitos and the crickets in the rooms ,and Iam not talking 4 or 5, were plenty to keep you miserable. It is obvious this place has no mantience, and the owners are only interested in the high prices they charge! My daughter and grandsons checked out that night, we check out next morning no choice, We will not come back.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2009

We absolutely loved our stay - so much that we stayed an extra night. The price is great for what we got - a 1 bedroom on 2nd floor right over the pool. Staff is extremely helpful and friendly. Room was very nice and loved the full kitchen. Very nice and new fridge and oven.
Pool and hot tub are awesome! Great complimentary breakfast too.

Daughter was thrilled to find so many nice sea shells out on the private beach area by the very nice pier.

Though I do agree that the fold out sofa bed was quite uncomfortable, my daughter was fine sleeping on the sofa w/o opening it up. The bed my husband and I slept on probably could use a new mattress too but was not too bad.

Only thing about the chaise loungers by the pool was that the adjustable backs dont stay up on their own. But they work just fine with the back propped up against the pool fence.

Not too crowded and all the folks we ran into there were nice and friendly, as were the pets that are allowed.

Less than a mile to Rockport Beach. Very quaint and quiet little town. We will definately stay at Laguna Reef again!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Austin, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2009

I was happy with most everything, until I sat down on the bed. It appeared there was quite a few improvements to the property but why would they paint instead of replacing 20 year old matrices! Also all the lounge chairs out by the pool were broken, every single one of them! The staff was very helpful, helped with maps, etc. I don't know if I would stay there again, I would asked if they bought new matrices first!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2009

This is my 4th time staying here and have enjoyed them all. Service is great...rooms are clean....love the pool & long lighted pier.
Would stay again.
JG, Concord NC

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Laguna Reef Condominiums? Share your experiences!