“We WILL be back!” 4 of 5 stars

309 S Fulton Beach Rd, Rockport, TX 78382   |
Lampasas
“We WILL be back!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

My husband is a former motel owner, and we were both pleased with the service AND the room. I had read some less than stellar reviews of this place, and it just goes to show there are some people who can't be happy. Yes, the room first smelled like lysol- they had just MOPPED. That's the smell of CLEAN. I didn't see a single bug, like someone had complained about. I even took bug spray just in case... The pillows were fluffy and wonderful, despite reviews that said otherwise. It was QUIET, and all the guests were neighborly. We loved the pier. We have already made reservations for another trip for the future.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Grapevine, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

Booked a one-night stay with friends based on half-way decent photos online. In actuality, when we got there, it appeared more like run-down project housing. Room had dirty smell and appearance, like hadn't been cleaned in long while. Bathroom had hole with exposed wiring where light switch used to be. Not enough towels, so had to beg for two more from an unconvinced manager. The towels were very thin and had stains that hadn't washed out (if they were really washed at all) The BONUS of the night, however, was, to find BEDBUGS in both beds, between sheets, IN THE PILLOWCASES, and surrounding floor area. Our first and hopefully last experience with these critters. We were so sickened by the whole thing that we couldn't stand another minute in the place, so we packed our bags and woke the night manager to get our money back and leave. Before we could get our money back, though, the guy had to come to our room to see for himself that we were telling the truth. UNBELIEVABLE! Never again at that place!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
lyles d, Manager at Bayfront Cottages, responded to this review, September 2, 2011
I am very sorry that you had this experience at Bayfront please let it be known that we take this problem very seriously. We have removed all the beds and bedding and sprayed the entire room. We have replaced the beds and anything that may have been infested, please let me apologize again for your experience we try to keep our rooms clean to the highest standards.
San Antonio, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

This is the most minimalist "cottage" I have ever stayed in. There was nothing in the kitchenette other than a sink and appliances. No utensils of any kind, no towels, paper or cloth, the beds and pillows are rather frightening if you look under the sheets and pillowcases. The attitudes of employees is also less than stellar, except for the sweet little maid.
Don't bother for the price.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Gainesville, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

Beds of stone or worse, pillows no thicker than a folded towel and when we asked for extra pillows were told they don't do that. No wash clothes or hand towels the 2nd day. No water pressure. Were told the floors had just been cleaned but they were slick as if greasy or cleaner was still on them. Thin panel curtains that could be seen through at night, offering no privacy. Customer service was appalling. They had my money and they did not care about my comfort or concerns. I will never stay here again and I will warn all those I can to steer clear of this place.

Room Tip: My advice is to stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
I am sorry you had this experience with us . We have replaced all our pillows with new ones ,and we have changed to a different cleaning compound so the floors don't feel slick . If you will come back I will personally see that you have a very nice stay.
Prescott Valley, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

The room stunk from floor being mopped with Lysol. The floor was still wet when I checked in. The bed was dirty and the sheets appeared unwashed. Dead bugs all over the floor. I used my sleeping bag as I refused to lay on the dirty mattress.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Converse, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

Great bang for the buck. Great location with large safe fishing pier. Has the staples for family vacation, clean bed, shower, and cold AC. Room was recently upgraded. Didn't need to chase away the roaches like some other places in the area. Owner was friendly and talked to me about ongoing improvements and upgrades. Already great, can't wait to see the final product. Will admit it's not a luxury hotel. Go stay at the Omni in Corpus if you expect luxury and can afford it.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2010

they need to wash the sheets and clean up once in a while . A real over priced dump.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Bayfront Cottages? Share your experiences!