“Not a Good Stay” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Sea View Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rockport
Sea View Motel
You added Sea View Motel to your Saves list
1155 Hwy 35 N, Rockport, TX 78382-3154   |
Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Rockport
beeville
“Not a Good Stay”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

The big sign makes us believe that all the rooms were $49 a night. They only have 4 rooms. The floor was not swept, no maids, the towels were dingy white, no internet, not enough soap, the bedding was raggety, hot water was warm. no closet and washer and dryer were filthy.

Room Tip: If they don't answer the phone, look elsewhere fast, don't believe signs outside motel price...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Sign says 49.99 called and priced a room for one night one bed they said 49.99 before tax it cost 70.00 the shower didnt get hot til after running it for 30minutes the dryer doesnt work the service sucks the rooms are DIRTY they refuse to give me my money back NEVER AGAIN

• Stayed June 2014
Flower Mound, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

I stayed there for one night and could not take it anymore! The entire night I kept feeling things crawl across me and I kept thinking it was just a fly or something. When I turned my cell phone light on I noticed it was a roach! I then inspected my sheets to find little baby roaches all over it! On top of this, the water in our tub/shower did not even work. We had to shower in another room. I would never recommend to anyone to stay here.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Garland, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

I have not stayed here since original owner passed away. It was a very clean, fun little place to stay and be close to the beach and relatives I have there. They were always to nice to talk to and I felt like I was getting a good deal for the money. It has gone down so much, I would consider it now a "Roach Motel"......not even counting the 3 inch water bug creature in the bath tub .....I have seen water bugs but this was like something I have never seen. I went to desk and ask for a can of roach spray and the clerks didnt seem to be embarrassed at all. But anyway, the bathroom was filthy, probably 1/2 inch of beach sand in the corners along with dirt, dust,hair...whatever you can imagine. Same for the floors in the room. I was very concerned about bed bugs but took off the matresses and didnt find any. Sheets and towels were ok as far as clean but just didnt smell right. Of course there were the standard acetate silky floral bedspreads with holes in them....I took them off. I would have gone elsewhere but was very rudely told by the front clerk there was no way I would get my money back if I didnt stay in the room as I had booked it. Plus we were late arrivals so I was pretty much out of luck. The next day I looked at several places but there were no vacancies. Yes, as the sign at the Sea View says, American owned and family operated but the family is rude and the rooms are horrible. It seems as if there was a lot of people living there instead of travelers and these people took the pool area over from about 3pm until midnight. My room was 2 double beds and it costs 79.00 after taxes. This was very much a rip off and I would not recommend this place to anyone. If you cant get a room in Rockport, drive 11 miles to Aransas Pass which does not have the bad reputation it used to....its cleaner, more store fronts downtown, more places to eat. If I didnt need to see family in Rockport due to illness, I would have gone over there.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

The website shows cute little cottages, but the real things are vastly different. They were dirty, smelly, cobbled together at no expense to anyone.

• Stayed February 2011
Rockville, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2009

This was a nice little quiet motel that was fairly well maintained and run by friendly people. The prices were low and I consider this a very good value. I stay here for about a week last winter and hope to return this winter for another week. I am a traveling amature bird photographer and found plenty of good shots nearby. The motel came with cable, small refrigerator, and microwave. Free laundry with washer/dryer were just a few doors away. Good food nearby as well as other shopping. This is a great place to hole up for a week or two. Lots of character - the friendly type. Did I mention that it was quiet - no drunken kids. I suggest giving it a try.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
california
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2009

This is a great place to stay and very affordable. If you want a nice place, close to the beach then this is a nice place. And where now days can you find a room for about 25 dollars a nite with a free nights stay.
We will stay here again. and again, Yes it does have mixed matched furnishing , but so what, it was clean an confrontable., Its place I can go to wih out spending a arm and a leg. Why pay for the Holiday Inn prices when you can stay here for a resonabe price, And when you leave your leaving the furniture behind anyway , as long as its clean I am happy.

Stayed April 2006, traveled with family

Been to Sea View Motel? Share your experiences!