“Dont stay here” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Sea View Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rockport
Sea View Motel
Save Saved
You added Sea View Motel to your Saves list
1155 Hwy 35 N, Rockport, TX 78382-3154   |
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Rockport
“Dont stay here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

Sign says 49.99 called and priced a room for one night one bed they said 49.99 before tax it cost 70.00 the shower didnt get hot til after running it for 30minutes the dryer doesnt work the service sucks the rooms are DIRTY they refuse to give me my money back NEVER AGAIN

• Stayed June 2014

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Flower Mound, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

I stayed there for one night and could not take it anymore! The entire night I kept feeling things crawl across me and I kept thinking it was just a fly or something. When I turned my cell phone light on I noticed it was a roach! I then inspected my sheets to find little baby roaches all over it! On top of this, the water in our tub/shower did not even work. We had to shower in another room. I would never recommend to anyone to stay here.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Garland, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

I have not stayed here since original owner passed away. It was a very clean, fun little place to stay and be close to the beach and relatives I have there. They were always to nice to talk to and I felt like I was getting a good deal for the money. It has gone down so much, I would consider it now a "Roach Motel"......not even counting the 3 inch water bug creature in the bath tub .....I have seen water bugs but this was like something I have never seen. I went to desk and ask for a can of roach spray and the clerks didnt seem to be embarrassed at all. But anyway, the bathroom was filthy, probably 1/2 inch of beach sand in the corners along with dirt, dust,hair...whatever you can imagine. Same for the floors in the room. I was very concerned about bed bugs but took off the matresses and didnt find any. Sheets and towels were ok as far as clean but just didnt smell right. Of course there were the standard acetate silky floral bedspreads with holes in them....I took them off. I would have gone elsewhere but was very rudely told by the front clerk there was no way I would get my money back if I didnt stay in the room as I had booked it. Plus we were late arrivals so I was pretty much out of luck. The next day I looked at several places but there were no vacancies. Yes, as the sign at the Sea View says, American owned and family operated but the family is rude and the rooms are horrible. It seems as if there was a lot of people living there instead of travelers and these people took the pool area over from about 3pm until midnight. My room was 2 double beds and it costs 79.00 after taxes. This was very much a rip off and I would not recommend this place to anyone. If you cant get a room in Rockport, drive 11 miles to Aransas Pass which does not have the bad reputation it used to....its cleaner, more store fronts downtown, more places to eat. If I didnt need to see family in Rockport due to illness, I would have gone over there.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012 via mobile

The website shows cute little cottages, but the real things are vastly different. They were dirty, smelly, cobbled together at no expense to anyone.

• Stayed February 2011
Rockville, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2009

This was a nice little quiet motel that was fairly well maintained and run by friendly people. The prices were low and I consider this a very good value. I stay here for about a week last winter and hope to return this winter for another week. I am a traveling amature bird photographer and found plenty of good shots nearby. The motel came with cable, small refrigerator, and microwave. Free laundry with washer/dryer were just a few doors away. Good food nearby as well as other shopping. This is a great place to hole up for a week or two. Lots of character - the friendly type. Did I mention that it was quiet - no drunken kids. I suggest giving it a try.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
california
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2009

This is a great place to stay and very affordable. If you want a nice place, close to the beach then this is a nice place. And where now days can you find a room for about 25 dollars a nite with a free nights stay.
We will stay here again. and again, Yes it does have mixed matched furnishing , but so what, it was clean an confrontable., Its place I can go to wih out spending a arm and a leg. Why pay for the Holiday Inn prices when you can stay here for a resonabe price, And when you leave your leaving the furniture behind anyway , as long as its clean I am happy.

Stayed April 2006, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2007

Someone else has complained about this motel, someone who might have high expectations for a $23 per night room. My family and I have stayed in this motel yearly for the past 8 years. This is one of only 3 american (locally) owned motels in Rockport Texas, and right up front when you check in to the office, the owner will tell you that if you need ANYTHING like change of linen, soap, maintenance to let them know. Yes, they are closed from 10pm-about 9am, but there is
an emergency number listed-if you need service, you should wait until
decent hours for it. As for the phone line, the line can be used for personal calls, and each room has its own line, so I don't know what the previous person was talking about. The rooms are not dirty nor filthy, that is the result of the person staying being dirty and filthy. Yes, the room may be put together with second hand items that
don't match, but remember you are only paying $23, and it is not the Holiday Inn. The dishes and utensils are in fair condition but not bad as they are made out to be. None of the rooms I have ever been in
had broken items, and the service was anything but bad. A wonderful woman owns it, and always has her daughter there with her. There is a
pool, a BBQ pit, as well as free use of washers and dryers, and it has a beautiful view of Rockport Harbor. One of the reasons we come back to this motel, is because if you stay two days early in the week, you get the third night free. Where else can you get 3 days for about $46??? If you are looking for a decent place to stay on a budget, this is a great place, however, if you expect rooms and service like the Holiday Inn or Hilton hotel, then this place is not for you...

• Liked — The convenience to nearby stores and restaurants and the price
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Sea View Motel? Share your experiences!