“CZ's are just as beautiful!!!” 4 of 5 stars

You added Hunt's Castle Hotel to your Saves list
Hunt's Castle Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   725 S Water Street, Rockport, TX 78382   |
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Rockport
“CZ's are just as beautiful!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Let me just start by saying if u are a person who cares if ur room is out dated a lil dusty and sand on the floors....if ur lamp shades are a lil worn out then this is not ur place...however if u are just looking for a place to sleep and wash the sand and bait smell off of u then this is ur place..... Let me start off I read the reviews and was 100% not gonna stay our whole trip to Rockport i was so nervous and worried what if this hotel is bogus I have my children with me blah blah blah ..... so we pulled up I had my spouse check us in while I waited in the car. We got our keys and....our keys didn't work...fabulous the reviews were right here we go so I sit off with my kids on the balcony to take in the view just breath taking amazing!!! The man running the front counter follwed my spouse up and opened the door for us...turns out we were using the keys wrong....oops!!! We get in our room and let me tell u it was just right temp.... we immediately check the beds for pest... nothing next checked for roaches under the sinks and cupboards. ... nothing.... ok lets stop right here the floors are tiles & grout and if u have floors like this u know u constantly have to sweep this is where the hotel could have brooms in the room for ya thats just a tip hint hint management! !! So if ur someone who is up tight about dirty floors then get over it. Ok next we had requested a water view now yes when u open the curtain u see the water however if u get a room past the breeze way u should pay half of the cost of a water view room since I get half the view but still not a big deal.!! The beds where oh so soft and just what I needed after a long trip of worries. The room temp was always cold and comfortable just right to help u deal with Texas heat. The shower head could be updated but we had hot and cold water for showering!!. The sink in the bathroom was a bust no cold water and was being held up by a car jack...we got a giggle about that but it was fine no big deal worked out great cause we had a full kitchen sink that had amazing pressure. Again dont sweat the small stuff. We did our best to keep our kids quite being on the second floor if u really need quite request a third floor but really noise was not an issue not like some reviews had posted I guess just depends what time u go we stayed during the week after the 4th so not much partying... Needless to say we really enjoyed our stay and will return again

• Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Seguin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I have never written a review before but I feel I have to warn other people before the stay here. They put us cabin #7 for the 4th of July weekend. It was 400.20 for two nights with a pet. The cabin was beyond gross!! It smelled like a bar, windows were blacked out with paint, the restroom was painted blood red and everything was rusted. The worst part was that there was a termite farm in the picture frame by the bed. They were everywhere. My kids would not sleep in the room that is how bad it was. The manager was very rude when I asked for a refund but did refund the money. We ended up leaving to corpus to try an find a room. Very awful experience.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

First day wonderful..second day refrigerator when out.. The manager Ken said it was our fault and then the manager said it was the house keepers fault..he said fridge was new..it leaked..it froze up.. The replacement frigerator you will not believe this.. was a refrigerator that are in convenience stores..the fridge for Redbull drinks..we lost almost all our food.. He did not offer any replacement credit we will not ever go back also there were roaches in some other rooms do not go to hunt castle

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
KAMLESH P, Manager at Hunt's Castle Hotel, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Hi
My name is ken and I would like to respond in regards to this review. we had so much problem with this guest. even we were nice enough to let them stay here.
there was 9 adult staying in 6 people occupancy room. that we found out when we went to change the refrigerator. which was full of food blocking all the air vent. making the refrigerator freeze. we explain to them .but they wanted another refrigerator we went ah
ahed and change it.
had to also deal with so much family drama which they kicked 14 year old boy out at night who stayed with our night watchman. and was hungry so night watchman bought him food.
upon talking to grandma grandpa and two sister they said he not suppose to stay with them. then why was he here in the property. then another family member believe was son his girlfriend and their son was not staying in the property was fishing off our pier. we told them they can't fish off our pier if they are not staying our property. they were fighting for that too.so sorry we do not want there problem in public but since they brought in public we did not have choice. so sorry every body..Thank you.
Seguin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

I am not picky when it comes to a room but when a room is this disgusting I have to share the experience. There were long black hairs in the bed. There was a roach in the bathroom. Our room was not cleaned, on the second day we got a bag of towels thrown on the bed. The non-smoking room smelled so bad that I had to go buy air fresheners. The trash was not removed on the second day.
There was wood rot on the bottom of door frames. The front door had a gap underneath and the window was "blacked out" with majic marker or something of that sort. There was mold on the walls. There was two holes that were poorly repaired in the ceiling. I wish I could upload my pictures here. The refrigerator was rusted and ran so loud that my son thought the neighbors were vacuuming. I was finally able to go to sleep at 3:30am when the neighbors quit running by and closing the door. It is so poorly insulated that we heard every toilet flush and footsteps. What a nightmare. Pay the extra money and have a nice vacation. I won't be trying to save a few bucks next time. I will be trying to find a place to upload the pictures!
My husband did enjoy the pier, there were no fish caught by anyone we talked to but he did enjoy going out on it. I wouldn't recommend small children going on it, as it was missing boards, handrails (in some areas) and crooked the whole way down.
Did I mention the roach and hair in the "clean" bed? Nasty!

• Stayed June 2014
Texas Gulf Coast, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We rented the king suite. Yes there were two king beds but one was so soft no one could sleep on it. The other was only marginal. The kitchen had one very used fry pan, 4 knives, 3 forks & spoons. 4 plates, 2 coffee cups. No utensils, dish soap or linens. Not overly clean.
The best part was it was pet friendly ($15 PER night) and the view of the bay was wonderful.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Seattle, WA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

We stayed in the waterfront room. 2 beds and 1 pull out sofa. Unit is in dire need of updating. All fixtures are old and wobbly. One lightbulb in fan in main room, coffee maker old and had debris in water reservoir, doors/floors dirty. Rocking chairs on balcony very dirty on seat and armrest. One tv remote in bedroom didn't have a back to it, and other remote had duct tape around the back.

We arrived there close to 10p and found there was no bedding for pull out sofa, no one answered phone/managers door, so we had to take sheet off one bed for kid to sleep on couch. Towels are old in bathroom and feel like sandpaper.

Hotel is waterfront, but not in a swimmable part of water. There are no beachfront hotels in Rockport, so, save yourself the headache and stay in a newer hotel in town. There is no way this place is worth $179/night. Every place is a few minutes from public beach.

Despite condition of room, owners/mangers were pleasant.

Room Tip: Wi-fi is available in SOME rooms, not all. Make sure to ask before you book. Kitchen is empty, you...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
San Antonio, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

We (4 adults, 2 kids & a dog) stayed for a weekend in a water view suite. Let me start by saying I read the reviews and we had NO ISSUES with bedbugs. I check thoroughly for them whenever I stay in any hotel & our room was clean!! We saw no bugs at all in the room, save a fly wih followed one of us through the door. The suite consisted of 2 rooms--one had a king sized bed & the large bathroom in it & the other had a king sized bed, a fold out couch, a table & chairs and a kitchenette with a full sized fridge, sink, oven coffee maker & microwave. Both rooms had a TV cable that worked fine. One TV was an older tube TV, the other a flat screen. We had a definite water view and were on the 3rd floor so no real issues with noise aside from hearing some people talking loudly on the way to their room around 2am, which can happen at any hotel. The room was clean. The bedspreads were admittedly a bit dated & tired, but that's pretty common in these beach hotels. The bathroom was spacious (2 sinks & a full sized tub) and the water temperature and pressure were both great. One bed was very plush and comfy, the other was a bit too firm. The foldout couch was just that--a foldout. It worked fine for the kids. The fridge was spotless & worked very well. We also used the oven once & it worked well. Housekeeping came through on Saturday & made all the beds, took out the garbage & gave us clean towels, which doesn't always happen at these little fishing town hotels. The hotel is very nicely situated on the water, with a boardwalk like area with grills & picnic tables, a really long pier, a nicely sized pool & a hot tub. The staff was friendly and accommodating. There are donuts & coffee in the lobby from 7-9am. We found the coffee to be a little on the weak side, but luckily there was the coffee maker in the room. There is designated parking for boats, which is nice, and a fish cleaning station. We didn't need it, but there is a laundry facility on site. Hunts Castle is about a mile from Rockport Beach Park. It's definitely walkable. I walked back with my 2 young girls with no problem. There are even several shaded benches along the way if you need to rest. The hotel is dog friendly--$15/day for the mutt, though. We very much enjoyed our stay & would stay here again. The only drawbacks were the one too-firm bed, an AC unit that worked well but was really loud & had no option for keeping the fan running so woke us up sometimes in the night when it kicked on, and the fact that the "separate" room had no AC, just a ceiling fan, so if you close the door it gets too warm. I would recommend Hunts for your consideration when staying in Rockport.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family