“THE place to stay in the area!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
The HHonors Weekend
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Rockport
Reston, Virginia
“THE place to stay in the area!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

The greatest staff I have experienced! I have stayed at this location 7 nightss in the last year. I always look forward to stay here becuase the staff are so friendly and helpful. If there is an issue with your room or stay, they are right on the problem and life returns to normal. Very clean and excellent location. This has become one of my favorite homes away from home. Very close to Aransas NWR and the whooping cranes. Excellent birding location.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Checking out of Hampton Inn Rockport-Fulton today, after a 3 night stay. Always stay at Hampton Inns when I can, and they are usually very good, but I was intrigued by the huge number of rave rewiews this one had on Trip Advisor. Now I know why. The staff really go out of their way to make you feel welcome. Shannon on the front desk is exceptionally customer-oriented. Breakfast lady (sorry, I did not get her name) comes to your table to ensure you have everything you want. Hotel itself is exceedingly clean and well maintained. A pleasure to stay.

One tip for anyone staying here: Rockport-Fulton are 2 separate but adjoining towns, but they market themselves together. However, Trip Advisor reviews are split, so ensure you look for restaurant reviews etc. under both 'Rockport' and 'Fulton'. I almost missed the best casual restaurant in the area because of this. Thanks to Shannon at the Hampton Inn, I found it (Moondog).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
New Braunfels, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Not all are created equal, but this one definitely sets the bar high. From check in to the room to breakfast A+. This was the first time in this particular hotel and will make sure it is on my favorite's. I travel quite a bit for work and have stayed in my share of average hotels. I will make it a point to stay here when I'm in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

My experience with Hampton Inn has always been great. The Hampton in Rockport is a great example of the wonderful reputation. Very friendly, helpful staff, clean, well-maintained grounds, large, very clean room and bath. The beds are like clouds and I had a great nights rest. Nice large breakfast area and breakfast included omelets and sausage, biscuits and gravy, cereals, fruit, waffles, pastries, and more. Again, the staff, including the breakfast manager, were wonderful and really made me feel welcome. I look forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms are almost always quieter.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
San Antonio, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

This in one of the MOST hospitable hotels we have ever stayed at in Rockport! The entire staff was more than friendly and made us feel most welcomed. This is the first time we've stayed here and loved it. The room was comfortable and clean. Breakfast was good but could use some variety on the weekend. Too bad it was too cold to try out the hot tub & pool outside. Our only suggestion would be to provide terry robes for those who venture to the pool/hot tub. Great place and look forward to coming back soon.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
COLLEGE STATION TEXAS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

The Hotel was your typical Hampton, clean and quite, but the staff was nothing but warm and friendly and made us feel special. Becca and Jessi at the Front desk acted like they had known us forever and allowed us to check in early and stay late. Jessie even let us watch Bowl Game in Lobby since not enough space for 15 of us in a room. DJ always had a smile in the breakfast area each morning. It is because of the staff, we will return to this Hampton next time we are in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Lakeway, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

My husband and our friends were first time guests at this hotel and we were all very pleased with the service we received during our stay. The large aquarium is a great way to entertain both adults and children during the check-in and check-out process. The lobby was clean and tastefully decorated for the holiday season and our room was clean and spacious. All the staff members were friendly, helpful and courteous. The young woman at the front desk gave us excellent restaurant recommendations and brochures about places of interest in the area. There was a wide variety of breakfast options so that we could choose something different each day.
I tried a couple of times to check email from the computers in the Business Center but was never able to do so because it appeared that the security settings wouldn't allow me to navigate beyond the home web page site. Based on the experience we had, I would choose this hotel again and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to others.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Rockport - Fulton? Share your experiences!