“Great Stay due to Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn 2X HHonors Points
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Rockport
COLLEGE STATION TEXAS
“Great Stay due to Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

The Hotel was your typical Hampton, clean and quite, but the staff was nothing but warm and friendly and made us feel special. Becca and Jessi at the Front desk acted like they had known us forever and allowed us to check in early and stay late. Jessie even let us watch Bowl Game in Lobby since not enough space for 15 of us in a room. DJ always had a smile in the breakfast area each morning. It is because of the staff, we will return to this Hampton next time we are in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Lakeway, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

My husband and our friends were first time guests at this hotel and we were all very pleased with the service we received during our stay. The large aquarium is a great way to entertain both adults and children during the check-in and check-out process. The lobby was clean and tastefully decorated for the holiday season and our room was clean and spacious. All the staff members were friendly, helpful and courteous. The young woman at the front desk gave us excellent restaurant recommendations and brochures about places of interest in the area. There was a wide variety of breakfast options so that we could choose something different each day.
I tried a couple of times to check email from the computers in the Business Center but was never able to do so because it appeared that the security settings wouldn't allow me to navigate beyond the home web page site. Based on the experience we had, I would choose this hotel again and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to others.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We have been staying here for years now. It has been rated several times as the best Hampton Inn in the USA and it is true... On weekends, sometimes you can upgrade to one of their giant suites for a tiny additional fee, so check with the desk when you arrive. Morning breakfast is fine, staff is warm and helpful. We travel to Rockport a few times each year for the birding (The Skimmer, well-run by Captain Tommy), the restaurants - GLOW - the best in Rockport and The Italian Hotplate over in Port A - via the fast ferry!
This is truly a lovely hotel, and a warm place to call home when you are in Rockport!

Room Tip: The back end Suites a wonderful, and reasonable if available...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Buffalo Springs, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I recently was a guest at this hotel in Rockport. This was my first trip to the area and was to visit family. The location is good and the directions were easy to follow. I did think the lobby and check in area was clean and in good condition. The young lady who checked me in was very helpful and even helped me locate a few restaurants nearby. I also enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and the breakfast hostess was friendly and attentive. My disappointment was in the cleanliness of the room. I have stayed at other Hampton's and they are all similar and this was no exception. However, the shower had not been cleaned thoroughly and had mold in tile grout and all along base of floor and door. Also, there were small things like handprints on desk and headboard when I arrived which I dismissed. However the shower was a different matter and there were also water spots, dirty spots, and buildup on the walls and in all the corners of the bathroom. I would have thought they were permanent marks but I wiped several off the wall with a cloth myself. It was not just a few things that one cleaning person neglected in the last cleaning but several that have not been cleaned in a while. I did mention it to the manager when checking out and hope they do a thorough cleaning of this room before someone else's stay.

Room Tip: Room was quiet at end of hall away from elevator and traffic noise.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
redraider96, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Rockport - Fulton, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you for your review. We are glad you chose our hotel during your stay here and we are very sorry that you ran into problems during your stay. We have fixed the bathroom issues and have addressed the other issues with our housekeepers. We hope the next time you are in the area you will stay with us again so we can have another chance at showing you what our warm Hamptonality is all about.
North Carolina USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

My father and I spent 2 nights at the Hampton Inn in Rockport. The location was wonderful (no, it didn't have a view of the water, but we still thought the location was great.) The ladies working at the desk were extremely helpful when we asked about birding locations, and other good places to visit in the area. The rooms were great. Breakfast was very good. I would go back any time! I highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area, since it's such a great location.

Room Tip: The rooms we had were very good. I'm not sure if there were any that were better or worse.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Edna, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Nice hotel, friendly staff. Carpet was slightly stained, but very roomy in the suite!! My family-myself, husband, and two young children were very comfortable in room. Nice to have sitting area, but only one TV.

• Stayed October 2012
Cedar Park, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Hotel experiences made me dread choosing a hotel on the coast. Found a reasonable price in Rockport. On arriving, what a pleasant surprise. Outside was inviting, but inside blew us away. Professionally decorated including electrical cord covers, well chosen pictures and effects. Showed how well this place was maintained. Clean, fresh room confirmed our first impression.
Beside the room, our top favorite parts were breakfast, staff, and overall beauty of the hotel. Bkfst- unique fruit service bowl and clever cereal delivery. Everything about this hotel was top notch. We know where to stay next time we visit the Rockport area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Rockport - Fulton? Share your experiences!