“Overpriced - good food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
San Antonio
“Overpriced - good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We were looking for a new place to try in Rockport and stopped in here. It looks like it is going to be great Mexican food, at a good price - it's a hole in the wall. :) $50 later - before tip - we had lunch for 2 adults and 3 kids = 3 enchiladas w rice, 2 fried shrimp, 4 chicken fajita tacos and a side of guacamole. no alcohol. Way too pricy for a hole in the wall if you ask me. However, the food was really good. From other reviews, looks like breakfast may be a better deal. Service was okay, nothing really to note either way. They did change the tv station from CSI to Dora for my little girl though, so that was nice.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere

San Antonio, Texas
“Inexpensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We usually get our taco fix here. Kind of a big hole in wall. Always crowded but service, though not best, is fast and food comes hot and fast as well. May try another taco place just to compare. I read reviews for a couple other places that got decent review.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Houston, Texas
“Lousy breakfast”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

My husband and I are looking for new restaurants to try. The parking lot was crowded so we stopped for breakfast. What a disappointment. The tortillas were the only good thing. Eggs were dry, potatoes; bland and orange juice presented in a Tropicana bottle. The waitress never returned to ask if we wanted more coffee. The other Mexican restaurant down the street, Arandas is much better so we'll stick to that one as our breakfast "go to".

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Springfield, VA
“I love this place.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Great food at a great price in a nice little hole-in-the-wall. Try the cheese enchiladas, carne guisada, and very acceptable chicken fried steak. Killer. Good tacos and decent guacamole. The salsa is a bit tame, but they have great fresh jalapenos. I haven't had a bad meal in this place. I eat at this place about every other day.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
houston
“Maybe I'm missing something . . .”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We tried this place for breakfast after reading many of the reviews on TripAdvisor and I have to say we were both quite disappointed with the food. Huevos rancheros was served with no sauce - I had to ask for it and it was bland when brought out. The potatoes were terrible. Maybe I just ordered the wrong thing - but I won't be going back. Sorry!

Visited December 2012