“Great Breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Houston, Texas
“Great Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

We never noticed this restaurant before but I'm glad I searched on Tripadvisor for a breakfast place. My "Gary's Omlet" was great and my husband had a different one which he thought was great also. Tasty hash browns also. We sat outside on the patio. We'll definitely be back!

Visited September 2013

Beaumont, Texas
“Local Diner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We visited JJ's Café based on the reviews of Tripadvisor and because we prefer to dine in smaller, local places when traveling. They are not open for dinner during the week so we went for a late lunch. It's nothing fancy but often local places are not. The restaurant was about half-full and I guess they assumed we were locals because we had to figure out for ourselves that you seated yourself. We ordered and waited close to 45 minutes and still no food. Others who came in after us, ate and left. Finally, our waitress came and asked what we had ordered and said there had been a mistake (our food came out less than 10 minutes later). We ordered the chicken fried steak and a hamburger. My husband said the CFS was average but I didn't enjoy the hamburger at all. The cokes come in a 20 oz. bottle, which means no refill of course. Which might have been okay if we didn't have to wait almost an hour for our food. We had to go find our waitress in order to get our ticket and pay. Because of the "mistake", my husband was given a side serving of corn for free. We would not return based on the quality of food and service.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Austin, Texas
“great breakfast friendly owners !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

loved it all friendly owners great breakfast good service !!! A real treasure. I will gladly return and eat there again !!!!! Owners are very fun to chat with and work hard to make your trip memorable ! Thanks for a family breakfast I will remember on our trip. Chi Chen and many many thanks to you and your friendly staff

Visited August 2013
“Amazing Breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

If you're wanting good down home cooking breakfast food then definitely go to JJs! French toast is delicious! The eggs, toast, sausage, hash browns, and my husband's omlet were all great. The pancakes were a little thin and tough but still had good flavor. The fish aquarium was definitely a good distraction for our toddler. Service was great. We will definitely be back next time we're in Rockport.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Antonio
“Most excellent after a crappy couple of days!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

JJ's and their staff is definitely a bright spot in Rockport! We had a crummy couple of days (see other reviews!) and walked in here before we left town. Honestly, we were not expecting much, and we got way more than we bargained for! The staff was wonderful and friendly, the food was like homemade and soooo good! Didn't seem that anything was frozen at all! The fish were great entertainment for the kids and the place was just down home friendly. Even the other patrons were smiling and happy. You can tell that JJ's is a hometown favorite by the people that were there. If you're eating in Rockport, and looking for somewhere to go, I'd advise you to try JJ's! We all had the Chicken Fried Steak special for lunch. Not only was it a good amount of food and delicious, but the price was reasonable as well!

• Visited August 2013