“Best affordable place on the bay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Magic Sun Tan Motel

Magic Sun Tan Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rockport
Magic Sun Tan Motel
You added Magic Sun Tan Motel to your Saves list
1805 Broadway Street, Rockport, TX TX 78382   |
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Rockport
San Antonio, Texas
“Best affordable place on the bay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Best affordable place on the bay. Recently booked 8 rooms for my wedding, and everyone had amazing stay with discounted rate. The rooms and bathroom were clean and spacious than I thought, though the property is old. The staff is very friendly and location is nice. Truly enjoyed the view of the bay. Despite being pet friendly you could smell the cleanliness through out the motel. We all enjoyed our stay, and we will definitely stay here again in the future.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Couples
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Worst place to even consider
You are better off staying in your car!!
Walked in there was roaches and silverfish
Furniture and appliances looked from the 1970's
My stay lasted 5 min and was horrified.
Demanded a refund with no problem
Attendant seemed clueless as to why I wanted a refund but gave no trouble providing one this place should be condemned

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

This was our first time staying at Magic Sun Tan Motel. The staff was very friendly and were willing to assist anytime. The water front view from our view was awesome. The view of bay is awesome along with plenty of space for my kids to spread out in the room. The management and employees were so nice, and treated us like their family. The hotel room are older, but they are clean.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

First of all this is not current there is no bbq pits,no wifi and no clean rooms. all they did was make the bed with the same old sheets. During my stay there was so many problems and issues where to start is hard. But the rooms are nasty not clean the restroom was unsanitary. The bed sheets and blankets where used not washed or changed with clean ones they had pubic hair all over them. The office people or owners are rude would not give me any new ones or even toilet paper.
I had to go buy sheets and blankets cleaner and disinfectant spray. My kids got sick and this ruined my vacation. I WILL STRONGLY ADVISE FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO STAY HERE TO THINK TWICE BUT IF YOU DO TAKE A BUNCH OF CLEANER ROACH KILLER AND BED SHEETS BLANKETS MOP AND BUCKET DON'T FORGET AIR FRESHENER . YOU ARE GOING TO NEED IT

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I was at the Magic Sun Tan In June 2013, paid 257.00 for two nights.. The beds were box springs, no mattress. I went to office to be told that I could not have another room and they did not have any other mattress.. They would not refund my money. There was also roaches in my room and it was dirty. There is no internet service and no place to bar b q.. Do NOT waste your money staying there! You will be disappointed. Tina

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!