“Great place on Aransas Bay” 4 of 5 stars

Pelican Bay Resort
4206 North Highway 35 @ Pelican Bay Lane, Rockport, TX   |
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Rockport
Rochester
“Great place on Aransas Bay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

We stayed at Pelican Bay Resort in Rockport/Fulton, TX this past weekend and were very surprised at how nice the place was for the price. We went for fishing and they have a nice fishing pier just behind the property. Rooms were clean and beds were comfortable. We really enjoyed the weekend there.

The only cons were they do not keep the pool clean and the internet is nonexistent unless you're outside close to the modem.

Room Tip: The garden mini suites were very comfortable and roomy. They had a mini fridge and a microwave. I...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

Just loved our little blue cottage !! What a deal !! Everything you need is furnished !! The cottages are keep very clean!! We enjoyed being able after a long days fishing to come in relax and eat a nice supper !! The grounds are made that everyone has their won space ! Would love to stay again just a lot longer then a week !!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

I stayed here with my hubby and his sister and was very pleased with the size of our garden suite! It smelled nice and clean and was right behind the pool area. I will say that the room needed significant updating in just about every aspect, it was all very dated. The pool area needed some attention as well(lots of leaves and tree stuff had blown in), I actually opted to skip that part of the resort. I really enjoyed the resort's fishing pier! A nice little walk through pretty tropical plants will take you down to the bay, where the HUGE pier is located. Absolutely beautiful views and a nice quiet getaway! Try not to arrive too late if you are staying in a garden suite, there is limited parking. All in all, I'd say I'm glad I had a groupon, I won't be rushing back, but it was a nice stay. Hopefully they will be updating soon!

• Stayed April 2014
New Braunfels, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

The cottages at Pelican Bay Resort were so cute and so clean. The furniture is a little outdates and worn but not bothersome at all. The staff was so friendly and courteous. The squirrels were very tame and ate right out of your hand (lots of squirrels). We spent one evening in the hot tub which was very cozy. The pool was still a little too cold to swim in. I would high recommend visiting Pelican Bay if you would like a little cottage of your own. Each one is a different color, has it's own parking spot and rocking chairs on the porch. I have reserved the Villa in September for a retreat for my friends and looking forward to visiting again.

Room Tip: I would think any room would be great.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

We make an annual trip to Rockport to visit family every April, and have stayed at the Pelican Bay Resort for the last two trips. The cottages are very cozy. My husband and I sleep on the full bed in the bedroom and my kids enjoy sleeping on the pullout sofa in the living room. The rooms are kept moderately clean, but could definately use some updating. The wallpaper in the bathrooms in one of the cottages was peeling, and the dishes in the kitchen feel like they have a layer of dust or dirt on them. We usually stick everything in the dishwasher and run a load right when we arrive to ensure they're clean. My advice if you're using the pullout sofa is to bring your own linens. The linens for the sofa are very cheap and feel dingy. We usually bring our own pillows no matter where we stay, but this April, we will be bringing our kids their own blankets as well. As some others have mentioned, parking is a little cramped, and there is little to no cellular service in the area. My kids enjoy the short walk down to the pier, and although we have never fished from the area, I am told you need a license to fish. Overall, we are satisfied with our annual stay at Pelican Bay. It is not as upscale and fancy as some of the other places we have stayed, but it is a great little cabin at a great price.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
DFW Metroplex, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

Wonderful wedding at the Villa. My folks stayed in a nearby cabin on the property. Cabin was nice and clean and very reasonably priced. Villa was very nice, clean. Grounds around the property were fairly well kept up and the staff was super accommodating. I wound up catching a cold and was bedridden the next day, they let us hang around a bit after normal checkout until I felt well enough to help get us out of there. I would imagine during busy season they would not be able to do this but we sure appreciated it! The Villa kitchen is awesome, and there were tons of places available there for the ceremony and reception. Would highly recommend!

• Stayed December 2013
New Braunfels
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

We had an awesome time. The room was clean and comfortable. The grounds were beautiful and well kept. We fished on the private pier. Although we didn't catch anything, we had a great time. There is a bait house just a block away. It is just a few minutes from Fulton Beach, the marina & shopping

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Pelican Bay Resort? Share your experiences!