“Great Location but...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Pelican Bay Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rockport
Pelican Bay Resort
You added Pelican Bay Resort to your Saves list
4206 North Highway 35 @ Pelican Bay Lane, Rockport, TX   |
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Rockport
Rockport, Texas
“Great Location but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We've stayed twice at Pelican Bay now and the location is great for access to the beach. The cottages are nice and we love having the kitchen. I don't understand the pet fee...per pet but I don't think we got anything for that fee. In fact, there was glass chips on the floor that my dog kept finding. The "queen" bed is small. I really think it is a double or full. I had booked the cottage with the king bed and ADA accommodations. Without checking with us they gave the room to someone else, assuming we only wanted it for the king bed. My husband is 6'3" and has health issues. The ADA bathroom is better for him. Housekeeping service was fine. Plenty of soap and towels and daily "spot cleaning." Easy walk to the beach. BUT...this location is in an electronics dead zone. Cell phone wouldn't work, free internet access was a joke. Even my camera with GPS kept dying! Price was reasonable for the size and quality of the accommodations and there are sometimes specials. We didn't use it but there is a fold out couch if you have kids. Oh, there is a pool and hot tub but the hot tub had no heat. I've never stayed in summer by why have a hot tub running if there is no hot water.

Room Tip: With the exception of the handicap cottage they are all the same.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
New Braunfels, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

We stayed in a cottage and found it to be very comfortable. Sleeping four was not ideal, but it can be done. The place is designed more for two. When the sofa sleeper is pulled out, there is very little room to maneuver around the living/dining area. Otherwise, it was clean and affordable. It is situated on a beautiful shaded piece of property. Parking is a bit tight, especially if you are in a truck.

Room Tip: Choose a cottage over hotel room. The cost difference isn't that much and the cottages are much...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Sinton, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Love this hotel/vacation home!! You can either be part of the hotel or get a little cottage house!!! We got the cottage house it was so cute!!! I even told my husband when we retire I want a litlle house like that!!! It came with everything a house would need! Stove,Oven, Fridge, Dishes,etc!! On each porch there are 2 big rocking chairs to hang out on! There is also a pool, pool table, and social room!! Really cool thing they have is a private beach walk way and pier!! Got to see Dolphins in the water!!! My kids were so Happy and so were we!!! Never have seen them out in their natural Habitat!!! So Awesome!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for two nights. There was no soap in the bathroom. A girl came by in the morning and asked me if we needed towels or our trash emptied and I said "Not right now."
We left shortly after and we left the sign on the door requesting service. When we got back that night, our room had not been cleaned and no one brought us clean towels. I had to run to the office in the rain the next morning to get clean towels. We are not the type of people who like to complain but I just feel that for what we paid, we should have received maid service.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

My husband and I just the Memorial day weekend at this lovely little vacation resort in Rockport,Tx.
we rented our own little cottage in this complex, and were very pleased with our accommodations.
We had a beautifully decorated one bedroom cottage, with a fully equipped kitchen.The fully equipped kitchen included a dishwasher, large refrigerator with ice maker, coffee maker,and toaster. The bathroom was very nice and included glass blocks to let in natural light. Did I mention that this complex is pet friendly? We brought our two Lhasa Apsa's, who enjoyed walking to the complex's long pier at the end of the property. My husband enjoyed fishing off of this pier. Pelican Bay also has hotel rooms available, a lodge, and a community room.We found the accommodations to be very clean and wanting for nothing. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

We were very happy at the Pelican Bay Resort for a quick weekend getaway. We loved that it was dog-friendly and had its own fishing pier. We were able to fish and even caught a few!

The hot tub and pool area was nice, though I didn't realize until too late on my last morning--hoping for a quick soak--that you have to call ahead for the hot tub heat to be turned on!

The cottages are nice and really quiet. The oak tress that surround them are enchanting. There were a few bugs in the cottage, but that's to be expected at the coast.

We're already ready to come back--hopefully for a longer stay next time!

Room Tip: 8C was very nice!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

I had stayed here a few years ago and thought it was great! However, they obviously have not done any repairs,rennovations or updating in quite a while. Bed lumpy. Wallpaper in bathroom peeling and dirty. Blood splatters on wall in bedroom!! Hideaway bed broke. Couch smelled bad. No internet hookup in room. Wifi in clubhouse spotty. TV reception in and out. Cottage was quiet. They took dogs which is why we stayed.

• Stayed January 2012

Been to Pelican Bay Resort? Share your experiences!