“Simply the best most unique seafood ever!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #23 of 86 Restaurants in Rockport
Cuisines: Seafood, Hamburgers, Family Fare, Healthy
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Description: JD himself is the chef in this locally owned and operated restaurant serving up local fresh seafood, authentic Philly cheesesteaks, Mediterraean salads, Blackened Redfish Ponchatrain with Crawfish Etouffee, chicken fried steaks including fried cheesecake and deep fried bananas.....Come see us!
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Simply the best most unique seafood ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

The food was So good I think I'll name my fourth child "JD". The owner has a serious passion for his work and the waitress/manageress was excellent!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Devine, Texas, United States
“Somewhat better this time!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

We used to be regulars at this place, but quit at the beginning of summer due to terrible, terrible service. Gave it a try again last night and was somewhat better. It still took 50 minutes to get our food, but they did serve the grand kids first so we didn't have hungry kids acting up! JD is out of the kitchen and watching things more closely which is like it was in the first place. Still could cut the serving time down by 20 minutes! I had the Shrimp Fiesta which was good but pricey.

• Visited August 2013
Austin, Texas
“Great food, funky setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Ok, this is NOT the place to go if you want ambience. It will deliver, though, if you want large portions & very good food. We tried the fish tacos - 2 huge ones so either split with a friend or take home one for another meal. The fish was well cooked & the whole thing hot & tasty. We also tried a burger - a bit pricey $8+ - but again, so large that it could have been split. ALL components of it were excellent. The only negative with regards to food were the homemade tater chips that came with the burger - not hot, not crisp, & somewhat greasy. Others have told me they were great, so maybe ask if they're fresh before ordering. Oh... and just ignore the cheesy decor in the trailer building setting.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Houston, Texas
“Fresh Seafood”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

This was our 2nd time and JD's. The food is so GOOD! The only problem is waiting to get the food. It took nearly 2 hrs to get our food. I had the lobster ravioli and my husband had the fried flounder and it was all really good. The waitress was really sweet talked to us kept our glasses full. I really hope that they expand their kitchen or get more people to help in the kitchen because its really good food but the wait is so long that I don't know that my husband and I will be back again.

• Visited July 2013
“Food was horrible.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

The wait to get our food was very long. The food was very bad. We will not be back. I do not recommend this place.

• Visited July 2013