“A great value and pet friendly” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Winter Savings-Save 15%
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Rockport
Texas Gulf Coast, Texas
“A great value and pet friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Clean enough room, beds (too soft for me) and pet friendly. A good value. Will stay again if needed. A bit on the worn side but ok for a beach weekend when you are just there for shower and sleep.
The web address leads you to the Holiday Inn next door. When calling for reservations be sure to listen to the greeting over the phone. We thought we had found a Holiday Inn that would take pets to find out upon arrival that we were booked next door.

Room Tip: Book early if staying the weekend
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Horrible. Room smelled like mold/mildew, lamps were broken and or tempormental, bed was old worn out, and way overpriced. No service. Never again! The room should have been $30 a night, was $180. My parents stayed at hunts castle for half the price, and was much nicer.

Room Tip: New beds! The couch in my RV is more comfortable!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Blanco, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have stayed at this particular motel quite a few times, and for the most part we have enjoyed our stays. However, we have noticed that over the last couple of years the motel has become a little worse for wear. The carpets are definately in need of a good cleaning, the bedspread was full of animal hair and the room reeked of cigarette smoke. On the upside, the beds are comfortable, the rooms are a nice size, and the air conditioner works great. However, not sure we will ever return to that motel again.
We had the unpleasant experience of dealing with a desk clerk named Jaimie. When I called to make the reservation, she was very rude and acted as if I was lying about a comp night certificate that I had and wanted to use. When we walked into the lobby to check in, she never greeted us, never smiled and worst of all, she made me feel as if I was lucky to be there.
Jaimie announce loudly that my certificate had expired, (it had not), she then told me that she had applied my Value Club discount to the night that I was paying for (she had not) and finally she informed me, once I asked her about my membership discount again, that at least I was getting two nights for the price of one.
To me, customer service is #1. Any other time that we have stayed there, we have always had wonderful customer service. If something wasn't right, the staff made it right, with a smile. I do have to give credit to the desk clerk that fixed the error, Patsy. Lovely woman, great customer service. But on the chance that I will have to cross paths with Jaimie again.....I will probably stay someplace else.

• Stayed May 2014
South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

For what was charged the hotel was very nice. Beautiful lobby with much character. Had a central elevator which many motels in this price range do not. Rooms and baths, although older, had been redone. Beds were comfortable and rooms large. All one really can expect at this price. Breakfast was what one normally expects for free and all one needs. Complainers should go elsewhere and spend the $200+ to receive the service they expect.

Coppell, Tx
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

We stayed 2 nights at the hotel and enjoyed the convenient location to the Coastal Bend. It's 35 min from Corpus Christi and is right across from Rockport Beach. We had great housekeeping. Laurie was extremely thorough and kept our room neat and tidy. The continental breakfast was adequate and the room rate was right. I had trouble sleeping the first night but, that was due to the loudmouths in the next room at 4 a.m. We would definitely stay here the next time we visit.

Room Tip: Ask for water view.
Grand Junction, Colorado, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

We were here for 8 nights with a rate based on a non refundable week. The room was a comfortable size with desk, lounge chair, fridge, microwave etc. However housekeeping was extremely poor with a hit and mostly miss daily check. Sink and shower wasn't cleaned, bed had sheets that pulled out if you turned over, carpet and chair stained. I ended up making the bed in the morning because one day it was missed completely. We like the location and the view of the bay is good, but would not stay at this property again. Usual continental breakfast with waffles etc.

Floydada, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

We called in to make a reservation and while talking to Jamie she asked if I was going to keep asking questions or make a reservation! The front desk was very rude and the rooms were covered in thousands of ants! The front desk was going to move us to another room, but after looking at that room it had ants as well. We checked out and went to another hotel.

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Rockport / Fulton? Share your experiences!