“Absolutely Fabulous” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #28 of 83 Restaurants in Rockport
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: A rustic South Texas bistro in Rockport, TX.
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Absolutely Fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

My husband and I went to Glow and loved it! It was charming, relaxing, and romantic. The chef and waiters checked on his frequently. The crab cakes were out of this world with both shrimp and crab in them. The homemade bread was crusty and delicious. I had the snapper with crab topping. My husband had mom's shrimp. The table next to us had dessert and continuously raved about the bread pudding. I wish we could have tried it, but had so much food that we couldn't order dessert. Give this place a try. It's worth it. I enjoyed it so much that I ordered the chef's recipe book that evening!

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

A TripAdvisor Member
“Worst service ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

2 hour wait for dinner after it was ordered. Rude management. 20% tip mandatory for the worst service. Food mediocre. Don't go here.

New York
“Rockport Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

We love this place. It is a culinary oasis in the town of Rockport. We have been to Glow several times and are never disappointed. The chef often changes the menu but the fried oysters are delicious when available. Also, I recommend the fresh fish of the season - I last had the snapper and it was fantastic. I've seen mixed reviews about the atmosphere but we find it cozy, quiet and romantic. We will continue to go back whenever we're in town.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fort Smith, Arkansas
“OK”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Glow was a glimmer. The first crab cake and shrimp combo ever experienced. the servings are small but the quality is tops. Service is professional. The chef was not present, but the kitchen staff did good.

Visited February 2014
Portland, Oregon
“A restaurant looking to get it together”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

The restaurant was far from crowded when we arrived, but it took forever to have our order taken. When the food came, it was lukewarm. The menu sounds great but the execution leaves something to be desired. For example, the "crispy quail" is mostly breading, and the "lime dipping sauce" seemed to be mainly salt water. The fried chicken was also mostly breading, and the mashed potatoes had far too much garlic. The restaurant has a nice atmosphere (other than the tables being too crowded together), but the service and food could use some improvement.

• Visited December 2013