“It was a nice dinner” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
San Antonio, Texas
“It was a nice dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

While on vacation in Rockport, we were looking for some local cuisine to try. Several people suggested Charlotte Plummer to us. We gave it a try. For the most part the food was quite delicious. The tortilla soup was the best I have had in a restaurant setting. The seasoned fries were great, good flavor and minimal saltiness. The chicken fried steak was tasty, but on the small side. The children liked the pepperoni pizza and hamburger, but didn't like the chicken tenders (they were a bit bland). Although the food was pretty good, it was a bit pricy, but that is what you get when you dine at a tourist establishment. As far as the restaurant itself, the seating was a little cramped, it was rather warm and humid in the dining area (the waiting and salad bar area are well air conditioned and comfortable), and the lighting was a bit darker than I would have preferred (had I know it could be adjusted, I would have asked for it to be a bit brighter). All in all, it was a positive experience and I would possibly take my family back there again, although there are a handful of other restaurants we want to try.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Austin, Texas
“Very good experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

I have been going to Charlotte's for years and just returned Aug 1st, 2014. The food was really good. We do arrive early around 4:30pm and there is never a wait. I am surprised by so many of the negative comments and wonder if I am just lucky which I doubt. Their tortilla soup is wonderful. Salad bar is fresh. Stuffed bacon wrapped shrimp is my plate.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lexington, Texas
“Good food and good waitress”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

The food here is pretty good. Could use a bit more seasoning on the shrimp brochettes but they were still good. Right by the water so that was nice but not all of the tables face the water. Restaurant is a little cozy and prefer not to have to walk downstairs and around the corner for salad bar. I feel like the prices were a little high for lunch. Our waitress was very attentive. Would visit again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Manor
“Are here twice this weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our meal so much on Sunday, we returned for lunch on Monday. Tasty and typical Texas Gulf Coast food.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
San Antonio, Texas
“Stuffed Flounder Fillet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

This Dish was excellent. Wait staff was attentive and we had a good time. We were dining with some friends and we were seated right away.Thanks

Visited August 2014