“Wonderful salad bar!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Nebraska
“Wonderful salad bar!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

We ate here twice on our recent trip to Rockport and weren't disappointed either time. The highlight for me was the salad bar, but their seafood sampler, shrimp, and fish were good too. We happened to have the same waitress both times and she provided good service. I'm not sure why some of the other reviews are not higher. The only complaint that I would have is that the tortilla soup on the salad bar is pretty watery. Stay away from the soup and you should have a good meal. Try to sit by the windows - the view of the harbor is great!

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Houston, Texas
“No.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

This is a tourist trap.
Food was bad. Service was bad. They shouldn't even charge for the food here....
The only perk of this venue is the view.

Don't waste your money. And I generally don't write bad reviews....

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Sauble Beach, Canada
“Fresh Oysters”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

Had lunch here and was pretty good. We arrived and waited at the door for someone to notice us for seating, a lady arrived. When we asked if we could have a table upstairs (better view) she said "well I don't know if there is a table upstairs, I haven't been up there in a while" oooookay...sorry to inconvenience you! Wait service was prompt and pleasant. Had a cup of gumbo which was nicely spiced. Hubby had oysters which were served on ice and very very fresh. Both of us had grilled shrimp tacos and they were really tasty, 2 tacos and a big plate of rice. The rice was o.k. but would have liked maybe a bit of variety on the plate, perhaps some coleslaw or corn salad?

Visited January 2014
Tennessee
“Average Food -- Above Average View”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Seems to be a Fulton mainstay that rests at average. My shrimp were okay and not disappointing, but the meal did not achieve any raves either.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Medford, Massachusetts
“An Annual Highlight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

We discovered Charlotte Plummers about a decade ago and it has become a target and a highlight of our annual visits to Texas. We've now extended our stay in the Rockport area so we can enjoy two evenings at Charlottes. We both love the shrimp (favorites are fried or grilled), the best I've had. My other favorite is the superb gumbo, which I may have two large bowls of as a complete meal. My wife also loves the oysters, and the soup and salad bar. The view is beautiful, the service always excellent, and the prices very reasonable. I look forward all year long to dining at Charlotte's.

• Visited February 2013