“The food is always top quality food!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Texas
“The food is always top quality food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We eat at Sushi Luck at least once a week and have come to know the owners that run the small restaurant by themselves. Never once have we had a bad meal or service. Their food is always top quality food! I have eaten at China A, that is mentioned in a post by Lizz D, comparing Sushi Luck’s sushi to China A’s sushi. She stated: “My husband and I did not see the difference in the quality and freshness of the sushi that was any different from China A in rockport.” In my opinion and many others that I know that frequent Sushi Luck, this is absolutely untrue. The Aransas County Restaurant Scores for China A are always terrible, i.e. dirty, poor service, bad, bad food, etc. The place should be shut down permanently.

Regarding the complaint by Lizz D, yes, when they left, the owner-waitress went out to their car to ask if everything was OK. They said yes. She asked why no tip then. They said the food was too expensive and not enough food. They saw the menu with the prices before ordering. If it was too expensive they should have left then. Not complain later.

Service is slow, but with only two working that is expected. Food is not cheap, but then it is top of the line quality food. Also Rockport is a very small town, and it is hard to find good help, so many owners often run their business by themselves. So if you are in a hurry, or are on a limited budget, don’t go there. However, if you want top quality sushi, it’s the place to go!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Great dining experience, sending all my peeps!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Great time, had family dinner with adult children, food was delicious, well presented but not over the top. Fresh sushi, not considered cheap, but well valued.
Definately going back, taking a date perhaps. Room is small, cozy, and relaxed coastal attitude.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Rockport, Texas, United States
“Good Luck to you if you eat here!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

That was one of the most disappointing eating experience we have ever had!! We ordered the platter for two that was priced at $32. The amount of money you spend for the amount of sushi you get, is definitely not worth it!! My husband and I did not see the difference in the quality and freshness of the sushi that was any different from China A in rockport. The lady was forgetful and rude, and even went so far as to follow us out to our car as we were leaving to question my husband about the amount of the tip!! That type of service and harassment was unacceptable!! We will never go back!! Good luck to you if you choose sushi luck as your next dining experience!!!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Tyler, Texas, United States
“Sushi Luck? Lucky if you get served...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I'm sorry, but no. Please don't waste your time going here. My husband and I love love love sushi. This restaurant was right across from the hotel we are staying (Lighthouse Inn) so we thought we would give it a try. We called ahead to make reservations but it didn't even reservations only mind you. We got reservations for 6:30pm we arrived at 6:15pm (husband couldn't wait to eat). The lady (I'm assuming the owner because there are only 2 people that work at this joint) acted like she was mad that we arrived early (15 mins). She said, "Ohhhh, you're early. I'll seat you, but it'll be a long while because we are behind." There is a table of 5 that haven't ordered and another couple that have not ordered yet. We sat there for a good 30 mins and she kept passing our table but wouldn't even let us get a DRINK! I'm not kidding. She finally came to our table and asked what we wanted to drink and we just said we were leaving.

Don't. Just don't go.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Austin, Texas
“Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We love this restaurant. The Japanese couple work hard and produce fresh results. We eat here often and they now feel like family. Great sushi for a small town like Rockport. We've had much worse!

• Visited February 2013