“Family” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Rockdale
Angleton, Texas, United States
“Family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

As a result of a funeral several family members traveled to Rockdale & we stayed at this hotel. The manager was very accommodating and sensitive to our needs. We will be forever grateful. Having the breakfast available each morning allowed us to visit and share. The rooms were clean and up-to-date. When we travel back to this area, this will be our choice in hotels.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Donald B, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Rockdale Texas, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
I thank you for your gracious comments. I have passed on your appreciation to my team and they expressed delight in providing a pleasant stay.
Thank you again! and we look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I was traveling with the family and we loved it. The staff is nice and friendly. Loved the free breaksfast you get in the morning. Rooms are nice and clean with great beds. Hopefully the next time we stay here again it will be in the summer so we can enjoy the pool. Rockdale is a nice little town.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Donald B, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Rockdale Texas, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
The team at Rockdale appreciates your comments and thank you for choosing the Days Inn - Rockdale. We look forward to seeing you again next summer.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

Would be a great value if it were not for the bugs & musty stairwells, hallways & rooms. Seems like a fairly new hotel, I dont understand why it would smell so bad..its a musky body oder type smell. The entrance was very nice & open, with a very nice girl at the front desk. But after getting my room, I was told the back entrance was closer to my room. As soon as I got to the stairwell, the oder started, then the hallway was worse. When I got to my room there was more smell, but cleared up some once I got the a/c running. In the bathroom I saw several tiny black bugs, but tried to ignore them, but this became hard to do once I saw some in the room also..but at this point I was so tired, I just wanted sleep. Well the sleep stopped when one of the same black bugs crawled across my neck! I stay in hotles on a regular basis, but this was a first. I think I will try the Best Western next time I am in town.

• Stayed November 2012
Donald B, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Rockdale Texas, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you for your comments. I sincerely apologise for your experience. We pride ourselves on offering a clean property and will be looking into this incident. We hope you can stay with us again so we can give you a better guest experience.
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We were on our way to a convention and needed a stopover to break the trip. I was hoping for the best when I made the reservation online. Using the price and pictures on the internet, I made my choice. The location was a little difficult to navigate, but thanks to the staff....managed to find my way back on the Hwy when departure came.

The room was clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast wasn't the best but was adequate. I used to manage a ski lodge so am a little more critical than most. I am staying in a 5 star upper line hotel at the moment, and I can find just as many little defects there as this inn. Nothing that a little paint touch ups and some more attention to maintenace details but would highly recommend this inn to the traveler.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Donald B, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Rockdale Texas, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you for your review. We always welcome constructive feedback to improve the quality and level of guest satisfaction.
We are actually in the process of repainting the interior of the property to maintain our high standards along with updating the fitness center.
We will continue to listen to our guests and do all we can to provide a good night stay. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again.
Tempe, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

‘Excellent Stay”.

I was travelling south when we stopped for the night. We initially went to the hotel next door but the front desk lady was rude to my wife, so we decided to try this place. Glad we did, they had comfortable beds and a full hot breakfast!…… I will be staying here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
DaysInnRockdale, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Rockdale Texas, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Thank you for your stay, we certainly pride our selves on providing exemplary customer service.
Glad you enjoyed the free hot breakfast.

Been to Days Inn & Suites Rockdale Texas? Share your experiences!