“Professional Driver” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Rockdale
Houston, Texas
“Professional Driver”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Awesome place to stay; quiet, comfortable, and affordable. The owners are amazing and they will do whatever it takes to make you are good! If you are looking for somewhere to unwind and be at peace and only spend a piece of change then this is the place for you!

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Hospitality1918, Owner at Rainbow Courts, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thank you for your lovely review. It is wonderful to know that you found Rainbow Courts peaceful and comfortable during your stay. It is a goal of ours that our guests have a special experience when staying at Rainbow Courts. We are delighted that we met that goal for you. We look forward to your next stay.
Joan Ratliff, Owner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

This place is quite a find for a small town. My wife and I stayed there recently and fell in love with it. The grounds are very peaceful and lovely with sounds of nature filling the air. The rooms were like stepping back in history with beautiful attention paid to detail. I loved the look and the way that it made me feel during our visit. The staff was very friendly, the accommodations were very comfortable, and the prices are very reasonable. That's a lot of verys, so we rate our experience as VERY GREAT!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Garden Room - fabulous!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
We very much appreciate your lovely review! We hope to see you back soon to enjoy the spring peacefulness and central lawn area. We have been seeing more than the usual number of Cardinals this year and the flowers are starting to do what they do best. We look forward to your next visit.
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

My husband and I were driving east later than we had planned to because accommodations in Georgetown, TX were all filled up due to an athletic activity and some other event going on in that area. We weren't impressed with other options, especially after reading some reviews on Trip Advisor. So, we decided to try Rainbow Courts. I am sooooo glad we did! A big thank you to all the recent reviewers!!! The owners at Rainbow Courts are very conscience and helpful. It is a family owned business since 1918. We stayed in one of the rooms in an old school building with a small full kitchen which was awesome! It doesn't look especially impressive from the outside, but our room was very nice and inviting. The bed was super comfortable. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask about all the room choices available.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
It is wonderful to know that you found us and that you appreciated our guests' reviews. We seem to have the nicest guests that are willing to share their experiences. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay in The Schoolhouse. The Schoolhouse was built in the 1800's and is the school that my Grandfather attended. He move the building on site in the 1940's and converted it to three motel rooms. The history of the building makes it a very special place to us and to our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back for another stay in the near future.
Bacliff, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

I stayed here second week of March 2014. When I made my reservation, I told them I would arrive early. Bam, no problem. My room was ready, the air and a lamp were on. The room was VERY clean. I was very impressed with the service I received. Friendly, kind folks in this tiny town in Texas. I would recommend Rainbow Courts to everyone who travel to Rockdale, Also, in the office they had a variety of snacks and drinks, all of which were complimentary for guests. Most places have vending machines. I will be staying here on my next visit,!!!

Room Tip: My room was perfect. I liked the fact that I could park in front of my room.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Greetings and many thanks for sharing your thoughtful review. We are delighted that you chose to stay at Rainbow Courts and that you enjoyed your stay and the snacks! We look forward to your next trip to Rockdale.
Lockney, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

My mom and I spent 1 night here in between visiting my daughter in Austin and my mom's friend near Houston. So glad we did!!! This place is great and we were also able to get in on a discount price. Just checking in at the office was so nice. They pointed out all the snacks and drinks we could choose from - anytime we wanted. They recommended several restaurants - which we tried - and they were very good. We were welcomed by "Jake", the black and white cat who would like to have stayed in our room with us. It was a warm afternoon so I walked around the compound and then got out my cross stitching and enjoyed stitching in the swing out in the yard. Jake joined me there, too. I really didn't want to leave the next day. Don't miss it if you are in the area!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Hospitality1918, Owner at Rainbow Courts, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Many thanks for sharing your thoughtful review. We are delighted that you stayed with us while traveling between Houston and Austin and that you enjoyed your stay. Jake is one of our friendly "hosts" of the feline nature. I am sure that he enjoyed visiting with you and we thank you for the attention that you gave him. He also loves to ride around the property on the golf car, sometimes on the roof of the golf car! He just loves meeting and greeting. Actually, everyone at Rainbow Courts enjoys meeting and greeting our guests. We look forward to your next stay.
JoanRatliff, Owner
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

My stay was wonderful. Beautifully done rooms with nice outside areas to enjoy weather permitting. I stayed in the Carriage House and enjoyed the Jacuzzi tub. Close to all the amenities town has to offer.

• Stayed March 2014
I am so glad that you enjoyed The Carriage House during your stay at Rainbow Courts. It happens to be one of my favorite rooms too. You might be interested in another of our premium suites, The Garden Room, for your next stay. Thanks for your kind words and we look forward to your next visit.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

We stayed here over a long weekend and it was amazing, very clean, peaceful, and quaint. The staff and owners were wonderful, we had a problem with our TV, and they came down immediately and were unable to correct the issue so we were upgraded to a larger room with no increase in rate. It was a very romantic place; we sat on the swing for hours and just enjoyed the weather and the atmosphere. It was a perfect weekend and we came away very relaxed.
Our room was very comfortable and above clean, I have stayed in hotels that were much more expensive that were not as clean and well stocked as this room. They have everything including cedar lined closest in the room we stayed again. We will definitely stay here again when traveling in that area.

Room Tip: The less expensive rooms are quite small.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
It is wonderful to know that you were made to feel special and comfortable during your stay. Please come back soon for another relaxing romantic stay!
Joan Ratliff, Owner

Been to Rainbow Courts? Share your experiences!