“Lots of Chicken - With Family” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 56 Restaurants in Roanoke
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Have you ever told your family what you’d do different if you opened a restaurant?  Well, that’s exactly why we opened Babe’s Chicken Dinner House. We wanted a sit-down restaurant where people really feel at home. Where your neighbors wait on you and your whole family.
Haslet, Texas
“Lots of Chicken - With Family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Have been here before - This time with out of town daughter - We all got the Fried Chicken - I believe it's 1/2 chicken each plus all-you-can-eat vegetables. This was a noon meal and we found a quick seat (Usually there is a waiting period). The staff are very friendly and prompt with your food and any refills (as soon as a bowl is empty they ask if you want more) - Same as always. I like wings and they were just right (all the other pieces good too) - There is always more than you can eat so plan to take some home - Maybe I shouldn't tell but when I was bagging up the chicken to take home the waitress ask if I wanted a couple extra biscuits to take with me - Of course I did! Being from Kentucky I really do like their Creamed Corn - Yes it's a little pricey but considering the amount of food you receive - It is well worth the visit.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Irvine, California
“Great food, long wait, big servings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We had heard a lot aboaut Babes before we tried this place. We waited outside the restaurant (with a bunch of other people) for about 45 minutes (it was like 7:30 pm) and finally got in. The place inside is too dark for my taste (I tend to distrust dark restaurants... seems to me they are trying to hide something). The service was very good, the waitress (Amanda) was polite and quick. Each order is too much for one or two people.. so I would suggest you start slow - we asked for 2 orders of chicken (for 4 of us) and ended up taking a whole order back home! The sides are fantastic and its BYOD. Would go back, although its not my first choice for healthy, low cholesterol food.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Maryland
“Not sure what all the fuss it about.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We finally went to Babe's after hearing so much about it. I hate to say it, there is nothing special about their fried chicken. The mashed potatoes were good but the corn was just average. The biscuits needed a couple of more minutes in the oven. We did not try any of the desserts. The atmosphere inside was a little claustrophobic.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Shreveport, Louisiana
“Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

it was a great place, served family style. All you want sides! Great fried chicken and mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, biscuits!! Love it Love it! neat atmosphere. great for families!

Visited May 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Worst Service, Dirty Conditions.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

The city needs to shut this place down for the filth! The service is not there for as much as the food cost! This place is way overrated.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere