“A room that is actually ACCESSIBLE” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Roanoke Inn & Suites

You added BEST WESTERN Roanoke Inn & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Roanoke Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   337 Dorman St, Roanoke, TX 76262 (Formerly Microtel Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Roanoke
Sugar Land, Texas
“A room that is actually ACCESSIBLE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

A very pleasant experience. The room and bathroom are both nice and modern. The bed is very comfortable, the roll-in shower and shower chair both work great, the staff are very nice, and everything is very CLEAN! I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
BWFrontDesk, Manager at BEST WESTERN Roanoke Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Thank you so much for the great review. I am so happy that you enjoyed your room. Please come visit us again!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
blanco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

The facility was well maintained,room clean and such,staff courteous and professional, Breakfast had a nice variety,fresh and well displayed. I like how this hotel is just far enough off the highway to give it more of a secluded feel. I sleep very poorly on firm mattresses and this place like 95% of the other hotels ive visited unfortunately used very firm mattresses. I wish hotels would offer mattress pads for people who need a softer bed.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWFrontDesk, Manager at BEST WESTERN Roanoke Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a great review. I do apologize that the bed was to hard for you. That is one thing that is so very hard to find a fit for everyone. We hope that you come see us again in the future!
Rapids City, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

I thought this Best Western was one of the best of the MANY Best Westerns that I have stayed in. The room was so nice, and comfy, the décor was up to date, and beautiful. The staff was very cordial, and attentive. The breakfast was okay, it wasn't as good as I have had, but it filled us up. Thank you!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWFrontDesk, Manager at BEST WESTERN Roanoke Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you so much for the great review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see again in the future.
Katy, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

We stayed at the Best Western Roanoke Inn & Suites on the way back to the Houston area from our Colorado vacation. Stayed two nights last week on June 18th & 19th.

There were numerous very good, positive things about the hotel as well as a couple of minor things that could be better.

First, the GOOD: All the rooms are suites so they are VERY nice size rooms. We love the sitting area with couch, chair and coffee table.

Excellent pillows! Some of the best we've encountered in hotel rooms.

Great vent in the bathroom. Nice shower/tub setup.

Very clean room! No complaints at all with cleanliness or amenities.

The extra "personal" touches were VERY nice and very appreciated. The front desk clerk handed me a bottle of cold water at check-in which is a very nice thing to have in Texas. Even though we didn't check in until after midnight, there was a sweet little basket of goodies in the room with a nice personalized note welcoming us to the hotel. The basket had cookies, gummies and a bag of Cheetos. Very nice touch!

The NOT Quite As GOOD: As I mentioned, it was after midnight when we checked in. However, the night clerk would have made a much better impression had he been the least bit personable. Dude, smile a bit. You'll enjoy life much more and you'll give out a much better first impression. I would have just chalked it up to him having a bad night and the lateness of our check-in. But, when we entered the hotel the next night at a much earlier hour, he was just as "friendly". Also, after staying at the Best Western Raton Plus the night before (reviewed elsewhere), the contrast between the uber friendly staff in Raton compared to this night clerk was very stark. (I will say the day clerk at the counter was very friendly both days. She always had a decent smile.) A smile goes a long way in the service industry and the night clerk needs to have this pointed out to him. I'm not saying he was rude. But, I'm certainly not saying he was friendly either.

It would have been nice to have had a whirlpool/Jacuzzi in the pool area. At the same time, we really didn't have a lot of time to have used it. Also, some plants and just a little decor out by the pool area would go a long way to giving a better impression of that area.

We didn't visit the breakfast area either day so I can't comment on other reviewer's comments about it.
***********
I probably would have given this hotel a 4 star rating normally due to the night clerk's attitude. But, there really wasn't anything wrong with the hotel at all and the little "extras" I talked about earlier put my rating back up to 5 stars.

Oh yeah, the price was excellent!! About $35-40 cheaper than staying at an older BW location in Denton that didn't have the suite rooms. If you are attending the race track, this is the perfect place to stay.

Room Tip: The roads have changed some in the area and our 3 year old GPS system didn't have the current up...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to give us a great review. I am sorry that you were not treated properly by our night clerk and that issue will be addressed. Please come see us again and hopefully it will all be better!!!!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

We stayed here during our move to Texas. Rather uneventful stay but the beds and room were clean the room was large. Breakfast was average comparable to other free breakfasts. Hot tub was broken, something we would of liked to use after moving earlier that day. Down town Roanoke was wonderful.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
BWFrontDesk, Manager at BEST WESTERN Roanoke Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Thanks so much for the review. We do not have a hot tub at this hotel so I am not sure if this is the right review. We do have rooms with a Jacuzzi bath but I have checked and they are working. I am so sorry I would have been happy to fix any problems you had. I understand the stress of moving!! Please come see us again in the future!!!
Austin, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

The free breakfast was cold and inedible. I am pretty sure the eggs were powdered. The rooms clean and service was decent. The location was ok. I probably would not stay there again just because the free breakfast horrible.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWFrontDesk, Manager at BEST WESTERN Roanoke Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We try our hardest to provide a great guest experience and I am so very sorry you had problems. While we do not serve powdered eggs, or powdered anything for that matter, I agree a cold breakfast is not good. Please accept my apologies and thank you for letting us know.
kansas city, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Spacious and clean rooms. Free breakfast with separate dining area and buffet with good variety of hot and cold items. Small, but well kept outdoor swimming pool. Friendly, knowledgeable staff of surrounding area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWFrontDesk, Manager at BEST WESTERN Roanoke Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to give us a great review. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and hope you come see us again.
Jody

Been to BEST WESTERN Roanoke Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!