“The absolute best hotel for race weekend!” 4 of 5 stars

Denton Creek Inn
13471 Raceway Dr., Roanoke, TX 76262 (Formerly Sleep Inn & Suites Speedway)   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Roanoke
Dallas
“The absolute best hotel for race weekend!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

This locally owned hotel is just across the highway intersection from the Speedway. Be at the track in 2minutes. Thecroomscare clean and well appointed. Staff is courteous and helpful. A breakfast bar provides a good start for the day.

Room Tip: Rooms on south side are quieter.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Roanoke, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

I recently moved here to the Apartment complex 2 mins. from this Inn, I only stayed for the sake of it being close to my new home and since my Apt was not ready for me to occupy untill the next day. I have stayed at cheap Motels and 5 star ones however for $120 a night I expect alot more. To start with the doors aren't automatic and difficult when u have a handicapped person with you, second the rugs easily get caught up in a walker and can easily cause a fall. I expected a room with at least a fridge and microwave but found none. The TV is old style and most of the channels weren't viewable. Further the shower head was clogged and the water trickled out. on top of that there was no bath soap I had to use a facial bar. The vaunted breakfast was a mere joke a waffle Iron, some microwave sausage links and hard boiled eggs. the donuts were nice. The staff was attentive and friendly. But come on folks I have stayed at no name Motels that had microwave and fridge in room at a much better price. In this instance YOU DON'T GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. Whoever this Scott Hall fellow is if he had a half ounce of brains he would drop his rate to $49 and then he would be filled every night instead of a vacant parking lot. Thanks for reading.

Room Tip: IF you want a Micro/fridge with this place ask for a suite.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
South Padre Island, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

I stayed at this hotel on April 15 for business. The staff is very helpful and accommodating. Check in was very easy, and anything I had asked for was willingly given to me (extra towels, blanket and pillow). The front desk staff is so nice! When I went to the room, it was very neat and clean. Unlike some places it smelled fresh. The AC worked great when I needed it. The beds are very comfortable and breakfast in the morning was great! There was a large variety of different foods, even waffles sausage and eggs! If I have to come back again I will definitely stay here.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
houston, tx
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

I recently spent two nites here for NASCAR weekend at Texas Motor Speedway. Can't get much closer to the track and the prices were very good for the location--$89 per nite. I usually stay in the Arlington area for the number of places to eat and things to do in the evening if I feel like getting out but with the Final Four in town the same weekend, room prices were crazy high in that area. I had read several bad reviews of this property so I was prepared to be underwhelmed, but was actually very happy with my choice.

Lobby was decorated in TMS banners and pennants so had a racing feel. Check in went smooth and quick and I was given room 306 on the top floor. Room was very large but only had one chair at the desk. I ended up by myself on this trip so that was no problem but if the other two guys had been here would have been nice to have more seating--there was room for it. The TV was an older model but worked fine. Would have been nice to have a fridge and microwave but made do just fine with ice chest.

Bed was very comfy for me and each had 4 small pillows. Bathroom was very large and super clean--actually, the entire room was spotless--but the door was kind of weird. It stayed about halfway open so I was standing at the toilet, had to careful turning around or would hit it. Everything in the room worked fine. Check out was very quick too. Would be nice if there were more eating choices right at the hotel. There are some in the area but with raceday traffic, they can be hard to get to. Overall, I had a very nice stay.

I did not try the free breakfast.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Orem, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

I arrived in the early evening and the clerk was friendly but certainly not efficient. She had asked me if I needed the WiFi info and I said yes but when I got to the room I didn't have any info so I had to call her to get it. The room itself was sad. It was large but that was about the only positive thing about it. When I tried to turn on the TV I realized the remote didn't work so I had to go back to the desk to get the battery replaced. That took care of that problem. The chair was a disaster. Something had gotten spilled on it and it looked terrible. Yes, it was functional but when you looked at it it made you wonder if you wanted to sit on it. There was no tub in the room, a shower only. The faucet at the sink sprayed water all over the place. They said breakfast started at 6:30. I got there at 6:45. As far as hot food went besides the waffle maker the only hot food was 4 pieces of sausage. This placed served the purpose but I won't be returning and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

I spent the night here after missing a connecting flight due to bad weather at DFW. It was the closest available hotel to the airport that was within my price range (less than 150 USD). It wasn't a bad deal really, except for the fact that the airport is 17 miles from the hotel. The folks are friendly, the breakfast is OK, the beds are comfortable with lots of fluffy pillows, and the room was clean. The only negative for me was that the walls are super thin and I could hear the TV from the next room. I was dead tired, so in the end that didn't matter too much.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

We were stuck in on US287 in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area during the ice storm of Dec 2013. A phone call to Choice Privileges 800 number found a room for us here. Under the circumstances we would have been happy with just a warm dry room. The room, while showing some wear, was just that - warm and dry.

But the staff was something else. One lady at the front desk had been stuck there for four days, working and sleeping at the hotel but still she remained cheerful. During the next day, the manager kept making waffles (that was all that was left of their food) for his clients as they straggled in, tired and hungry. Outstanding customer service!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Denton Creek Inn? Share your experiences!