“amateurish” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
dallas
“amateurish”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

Let's suppose that you read the other reviews and couldn't wait till you got to this restaurant. So on the way you had various slices of gas station pizza on the way there. My guess is that you would have liked the gas station pizza better!

The pizza dough was flat, limp and tasteless. The tomato sauce was unremarkable and lacked noticeable seasoning. The sausage we added at extra cost was of poor quality and also lacked any meaningful taste.

The chef told me that he cooked our pie at about 600 degrees, well under the 800 degrees used by top notch brick oven pizza establishments we've tried elsewhere. Overall the technique was lacking and suggested lack of concern or knowledge.
The smoked fish appetizer that we also ordered was a disappointment. There was no bread and the salad accompaniment had no dressing. Some of the leaves were badly wilted and discolored.

We went there on a Saturday afternoon when other restaurants nearby had lines outside. There was only one other couple in the restaurant when we were there. We had the distinct feeling that the end was near for this place.

• Visited December 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Southlake, Texas
“Surprising Sophisitication”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

I am a native Texas, livedin San Francisco for 15 years...became accustomed to world class restaurants in one of the most amazing cities in the world...What brought me to Roanoke,TX? Don't ask...However, the town IS charming...and Brix was well-placed on Main Street. The decor is trendy...but not out of place amongst the cobble stone streets and Babe'. s Chicken Dinner House (fabulous beyond words if you love Southern cooking!) Atmosphere is relaxed...everyone is welcome...whether it's a quiet night with a date or an "after football game" supper..And, trust me...people in Texas take their football very seriously...But I digress... The staff are informal, warm, and attentive....SUPER cute, dark haired manager who adds some Italian charm and flirtation to your experience ;) The food reminds me of better restaurants in quality, presentation, and flavor.. The egglplant is just really good...a must "try." Stop in...it's a little jewel in this country town!

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tennessee
“In town again and this is first on my list”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

I visited Texas for work in May and took two days to visit family nearby. They decided we had to try this place out and I'm so glad we did. Now I'm back in town and frankly this is one of the few restaurants I KNOW we will be visiting while I'm here.

The layout is great. There is an outside patio large garage type doors that open to make the inside and outside blend as one. The inside is very open with tables and I think I remember wall booths as well. Great decor very hip yet elegant somehow with a clean (very clean) feel.
We visited on a Thursday night and the restaurant was very full but we were actually seated right away. The area this restaurant is worth the visit just to see. I love the old feel mixed with the new.

Service: Excellent. Actually, it is one of those places you leave thinking...this is what every restaurant should strive towards in the Customer Service department. Everyone we encountered was so welcoming, knowledgeable and well...nice (for lack of a better word). Huge Kudos to the staff I hope the management reads these reviews b/c your group there has spoiled me when it comes to quality service.

Food:
Really delicious! We had 2 appetizers: Callamari cooked perfectly with a little kick. Loved it. Fries with a gorganzola cheese (delicious but I prefer a crumbled cheese over melted). Pizza was wonderful. There were only 3 of us and we just could not leave until the pizza was all gone. So thankfully they have a wonderful wine selection and we just relaxed with our wine until we could finish the pizza!

I would absolutely recommend this place to anyone. Here are my suggestions: kids...absolutely but this is not a fast food pizza place so remember that if you know your kids like to run around everywhere or they will be looking for the game machines like mine...wait until you have a sitter you will enjoy this restaurant so much more.
Time: take your time...come when you have time to sample a few items from the menu and relax with a great glass of wine you will be glad you did.
Enjoy!!