“Nice room for the price” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Roanoke
Forney, Texas
“Nice room for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Although this hotel is right off of a very busy road with a lot of truck traffic I found the room to be very quite. For this price hotel the bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was par for a hotel of this caliber. Nothing fancy but plenty substantial. Overall I rated the hotel as very good. I would stay here again. One other thing that really impressed me was when I checked in the front desk person noticed that I was there attending a conference. He commented they really appreciated the business. Nice touch!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Tina P, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear Gaylan M.,

We truly appreciate you sharing feedback on your most recent stay. Your comments will be shared with the staff, as comments like yours keeps their spirits high and confirms their service is making our guests leave with a smile!

Thank you for staying with us & do come again! Sincerely, Tina P.- General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Lake Villa, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

We've been here several times as we have relatives in the Roanoke, Keller area. It's a nice hotel, close to the speedway (which we've never been to). The rooms are big, clean and the beds, comfortable. The one thing I did not like was the TV reception. Since we stayed a couple of days, I did want to watch some shows, but the reception was all kind of snowy, except for FOX, which seemed to come in really clear. The hotel is still fairly new and nicely decorated.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Tu2rgirl,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your most recent stay at our hotel. We are happy to hear you were pleased with the property, especially our sleeping rooms. However, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience the television reception may have caused during your stay. Since your stay, we have found a better service provider to ensure all of our televisions are upgraded. It is our goal to have this issue fixed in the next few weeks.
Definitely come again and let us know what you think about the television upgrade.

Sincerely, Tina P.
Irving, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Room was very comfortable and they accommodated my dog. I had a room at the end of the hall near the door so we could get outside quickly for walks. Breakfast was pretty good, just a smidge above average (I guess the sausage gravy swayed me)....good biscuits. This is my second stay at the hotel and I will stay there again. I was there 3 nights. There was ample room around outside of hotel to walk the dog, and a neighborhood with sidewalks close by. Very clean. Updated. There was a workout area and laundry facility (one washer/dryer and it was kind of old and beat up but I used it anyway.)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Tina P, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear Connie817,

Thank you for providing feedback on your most recent stay. We are happy to know you were pleased with our accommodations, esp. the space made available for your pet.
We are always listening to our guests and work hard to respond to their suggestions and needs, so do continue coming, as we are confident you will appreciate additional upgrades coming soon!

Sincerely, Tina P. - General Manager
Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

We stayed here on a stop over between destinations. There were some minor maintenance issues that needed to be addressed. The exterior lights made it uncomfortable to leave the curtains open. Toiletries were skimpy. We left early in the morning and missed the breakfast, but they had drying fans in the breakfast area all night. No explanation offered from the staff (I did not ask about it). It appeared that they were still blowing when we left in the morning.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Tina P, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Dear SmackArkansas,

We are excited you decided to stay with us while traveling through our city. However, did have had a few actions going on at the hotel, which may have caused some concern. We are always focused on keeping the property well maintained, which was the reason for the fans blowing in the breakfast area. The Pantries had just been refinished, so fans were helping speed up the drying time. Informational signs were placed in the breakfast area to ensure guests were made aware of the property improvements. Lighting can be rather bright on our exterior building, this is for safety reasoning. To help control the brightness we have blackouts behind our drapes. In regards to the toiletries, we place the brand standard amount in each room, however, additional items are available, free of charge, at the front desk. We love our guests and would love for you to try us again during your next visit through the great city of Roanoke, TX.
Best Wishes! Tina P.- General Manager
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

This is my third stay at this hotel, and I like to stay here whenever I am in Dallas. I have to say, this is by far my best experience. The facility is really nice. Everything is clean and fresh. There are little extras here that travelers like me appreciate. Lots of plugs for your electronics. Usb ports are a nice touch that are not in all comfort inns.
The real improvement over last time is in the staff. Karl "Optimus Prime" Ruyle (the one I raved about last time) has been promoted to manager. Great move by the owners. I have definitely noticed a change in culture of the staff. If you read my other reviews, you know that one of my pet peeves is photocopies and scans. Charging for this is really insulting. The previous manager was really nice and did this for me without any attitude. Karl has gone one step above. He is teaching his staff to provide this top notch service as well. So this time, I met one of his staff Zach "ironhide". He was being taught how to do the scans yesterday. I also met Nancy who had moved here from Long Beach. She was very nice at the front desk. One other person (who unfortunately I did not get his name) was the maintenance guy who fixed the heater in the room, and then took the extra step to follow up and make sure everything was great with me. This is what I mean by raising the level of service. Even the people who clean the rooms have gotten better. They FULLY stock the room with towels, soap, and most of all COFFEE. Trust me, there is coffee in the lobby, but it is a nice touch to have enough coffee stocked in your room that you don't have to leave your room in the middle of the night.
Well done, Tina Patel on upgrading this hotel. I look forward to staying here again next time I am in Dallas.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Tina P, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear JohnHagopian,

WOW!!!! Where do we begin to say "THANK YOU!" It truly brings joy to our hearts to read such an outstanding review! It is definitely our goal to make sure our guests have an enjoyable experience and share with others how their stay was; from your review it seem as though both parts of our goals were met!
Thank you for taking notice of the changes we are making within the property. We are planning to renovate our lobby soon! So definitely be sure to let us know what you think about this new look once completed!
I will be sure to share your wonderful words with the staff, as this will bring a big smile on their face. Also,I see you couldn't rememer our Mgr. over Engineering. His name is Shone ( pronounced Shaun)-- he is definitely a keeper, as are all our associates!

Looking forward to having you back at our hotel soon!

Tina P. - General Manager
cocoa beach fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

Stayed 3 nights while visiting family in the area. The hotel was very quiet. We thought that it was above average in cleanliness. The staff was friendly and professional. Morning breakfast was fresh with a nice variety of selections. We will definitely stay again when we come back.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Tina P, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear CocaBeach FL,

Thank you so very kindly for taking the time to share these comments with us. I am confident this will bring a joyous smile to our team members and encourage them to keep up the good work. We welcome you back to the hotel the next time you are in the city so please do come stay with us again! Happy New Year!- Tina P.- Genera Manager
Weed, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here. The staff was very accommodating and professional. The breakfast was delicious. The hotel is a short drive from DFW which was a big plus. I would definitely stay at this location again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Tina P, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank You Mark S. for taking the time to share your Experience with others! We are so excited to hear you had a great stay at our hotel during your most recent visit to the city. Your comment will be shared with our team, so they too can share in with your positive feedback.

We will look forward to the next time you are in town, so we can host your again! Wishing you a warm and happy holiday season! - Sincerely, Tina P. - General Manager

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!