“Ok hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Houston
“Ok hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed at this hotel March 8-11th. I was in town on business as well as visiting family. My first complaint comes when I called the hotel to let them know that I would be checking in late. In addition, I told them that my daugther would arrive in town ahead of me and would like to check into the hotel. I asked them if they could let her check in and I would swipe my card when I arrive. However, the desk clerk told me that he would not be able to do it. I informed him that they already had my card on file and I would be arriving in a couple of hours. He then told me that he would have the front desk clerk Juanita call me when she arrived in 5 minutes. I never received a call from her so I called the hotel back. Juanita told me that she never received a message from the other front desk clerk to call me. Well with all of that being said, she was very nice and she told me that she would let my daughter check in upon arrival. Juanita was very nice. The second and third complaint comes from all of the noise at night in the room above me and also from the room across the hall. I had a very important meeting Monday mornign and was not able to go to sleep until after 12 midnight. I had to call the front desk twice to have them ask the people to be courteous of other hotel guest. The people across the hall were letting their 3 children, ages ranging from 9 and under run up and down the hall slamming doors at 11:30p.m at night.

The front desk clerks were nice, with the exception of the gentleman who did not deliver the message and could not help me with my request.

The hotel is very nice and clean with ok breakfast.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Hallsville, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I am a frequent guest at Choice Hotels and this property ranks very high on my list of Comfort Suites. The rooms are quite large and have plenty of room to do any last minute work or just relax. When entering the hotel you are greeted by friendly employees (Thomas to name just one). The exterior of the hotel and the common areas are neat and clean. All of the staff that I had contact with were very friendly and helpful. Be sure to enjoy the reception that the hotel hosts most week nights. The hotel is close to a large shopping mall and there are many restaurants within a mile or less of the hotel. The hotel is not the easiet to find but once you get there , I'm sure that you will enjoy your stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Waco, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

As a Choice employee, I tend to be a little harsher when it comes to travel, but this hotel surpassed my expectations ten-fold. Great, clean, inviting room with comfy beds and extra bedding in closet in case it is needed.

When we checked in, Cliff at the front desk took great care of us. Quick, easy, friendly checkin. It's amazing what a simple smile does when you walk in the door. Also, Juanita, who re-did our keys at night and checked us out in the morning was a great way to start the morning. Smiling, friendly, efficient and super helpful. You have a wonderful staff on site, and well trained as well.

Breakfast the next morning was MORE than I needed to get the day started, and well kept. If you are coming through Hurst and need a great hotel for one night, this is DEFINITELY the hotel to choose :)

Room Tip: Mall close by, indoor pool/hot tub.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

This was a above average Comfort Suites. The service was excellent! Each time I would walk by, the employees at the front desk would would greet me.
The rooms were huge. Both of the queen beds were soft and clean which allowed me to get a good nights sleep. The hotel was quiet, which I really appreciated.
I recommend this hotel to anyone who is in the area.

• Stayed December 2012
North Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I stayed here for one night and not being familiar with the brand I wasn't sure what to expect. However, I have repeated the story of my experience here already to several people because I was to taken back by the genuine hospitality that every person gave to me that worked there. My experience started by being greeted at DFW by the Shuttle Service driver, Richard. He was waiting for me as I approached the baggage claim area and had a sign with my name on it! I was expecting to have to search for him. I was wrong. I loved my ride to the hotel because Richard and I had a great conversion. I felt like I was chatting with an old friend. As Richard walked me and my luggage into the hotel, I was immediately greeted by the Front Desk Agent, Cliff. He used my name the moment I walked in! The room was spacious and clean. The TV was hard to flip through channels, but I wasn't staying there for the TV. The fitness center was pretty small and the treadmill was not easy to use, but again I wasn't staying there to use the treadmill. The next morning, I grabbed a bite to eat at their free breakfast. A nice variety to choose from and off course plenty of coffee. Before I left for work that morning I inquired about using the Shuttle Service to get me back to the airport if I couldn't find another way to get there. She suggested that I call if I needed a ride. Of course I did and Cliff assisted me over the phone with arranging my transportation to DFW. He even called me back later to confirm the time and to assure me the drive would be there. Cliff called me again to let me know when the drive was at the location to pick me up. Then I was pleasantly greeted by Bill, the Shuttle Driver. To be honest, I was disappointed it wasn't Richard! Well, Bill was just as amazing as Richard. We talked the entire drive and he shared information about some of the places we drove by. Its probably safe to say this hotel is not Four Diamond. But the level of service that I received from EVERY associate that I encountered was off the charts. Because of Richard, Bill and Cliff - I hope I have a reason to come stay at this hotel again. You can teach someone to check you in, answer a phone or drive a vehicle, but you can't teach someone to be kind and genuine. The staff at Comfort Suites were the best part of my stay. Keep up the great work and please make sure that your staff knows how FANTASTIC they are!!

Room Tip: The Shuttle Service was great! Picked me up at DFW (I don't think they go to Loves Field though...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

Getting a wheelchair accessible room is always a gamble. Some are great, while others think a few grabbars are enough.

This room is the best that I have ever stayed in. The room itself is very spacious with plenty of room to maneuver in. The clothes rack was lower and easy to reach, the dresser drawers were feather light to open. The desk was the perfect height.

But the bathroom was the best of all. Lots and lots of room to maneuver the chair in, with space free next to the toilet and in front of the tub. There was more than enough room for two and a wheelchair without banging your shins.

The only drawback was that there was no shower chair or flip down seat. Luckily, we travel with ours.

The staff was very friendly and outgoing, and the breakfast was hearty and filling.

• Stayed November 2012
TENNEESSEE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

This is a new hotel. Clean and well run. Shuttle service is a nice plus as you would be on the other side of a highway from the mall. Since we like to sight see, we rented a car. We used Enterprise and left the car at the airport on our way home.

Room Tip: Rooms are quiet given the proximity of the highway.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Suites Near Northeast Mall? Share your experiences!