“"Excellent Hotel"” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 18 hotels in Richardson
Houston, Texas
“"Excellent Hotel"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I always stay at this hotel whenever I am in Dallas area. The room and the rest of the hotel were very clean and well-maintained. The breakfast was very nice and had a very good selection of items. The staff is very helpful. The hotel location is very convenient. I would recommend this hotel to everyone. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Infront of the Dennys Restaurant upstairs.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Karnail S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Dallas-Richardson, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you very much for selecting our hotel for your overnight accommodation needs.

We are very happy to hear that you liked our Comfortable very clean room, nice amenities, and great breakfast, friendly staff our hotel.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future.

We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 972-234-1016

Thank you again for your staying with us at our hotel. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand.
Jigna Patel
Front Desk Manager

38 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I had a great weeks stay at this location and my children loved swimming in their very clean pool I really ehjoyed their fresh coffe everyday at any time I went the coffee smelled fresh...I also liked that the staff there are always helpful and they met all my needs.. my kids had a great time they really enjoyed it and I loved that with the hot climate in dallas there a.c really kept the room very cold I slept very well better than at home...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I am very pleased with my stay at Red Roof Inn. It has great and clean rooms and the workers at the front desk are always in a great mood! The front staff is always ready for any concerns.
If you don't have Internet on your computer or other devices and your trying to get somewhere where there's wi-fi , you don't have to! That's another great thing , there's free wi-fi!
If you run out of goodies or food just know that Red Roof Inn is close to Walmart too , and restaurants where you can have meetings with your bosses or co-workers. You can invite your family and have a nice dinner at one of the close by restaurants and don't have to worry about going anywhere far at all.
I enjoyed my stay there , and if I did I am one-hundred you will too.

Room Tip: If you love coffee , just know Red Roof Inn has fresh coffee day and , night!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

I don't understand how anyone would think this hotel has been remodeled--it hasn't! Trust me--I'm a frequent guest at Red Roof Inns (RediCard holder) and I appreciate the many hotels they've remodeled recently--Laredo, Oklahoma City, Kansas City and others. But somehow the Dallas-Richardson location got left out of the funding pool. I asked for a nonsmoking room and was given a room that smelled sickeningly sweet, which I figured was to cover up dog odor, as the chain does allow dogs in the rooms. Gradually I realized the smell was an overdose of air freshener designed to cover up the smoke smell that grew stronger throughout the night until my skin was itching head to toe, my throat sweling, my eyes watering and my nose running. I couldn't sleep. I couldn't go barefoot either--the carpet was filthy. At 6am I went to the lobby for "breakfast"--a scant offering of leftover Entenman's rolls and soggy mini-muffins, with half a container of separated orange juice (also leftover, I presume), three cereals and a bit of milk, and half a carafe of coffee for the large number of guests who had checked in. There were apples, too. But the hotel is so dirty that I didn't want to touch anything not in a package, which meant no breakfast. When I got back to the room, the smoke smell was overwhelming. Then I remembered that I hadn't charged my cell phone, so I pulled the night stand away from the wall to see if there was an outlet behind it. There was--along with a bunch of trash and a cigarette butt crushed into the carpet. Since I hadn't slept and checkout was at noon, I tried once more (they do have good blackout drapes) and managed to oversleep my alarm. I woke up at 12:06. Right away I called the front desk to ask for late checkout. "You can have until 12:30," the clerk said, and hung up. Apparently she forgot to tell the housekeeping staff, because they began pounding on my door and yelling for me to get out, and they continued throughout my very quick shower. I called back to the through the locked door, "Tengo permiso quedar hasta las doce y media"--"I have permission to stay until 12:30." Just as I was walking from the shower to the sink, completely naked, I heard more pounding and a man's voice tell me to get out. Then the man unlocked the door and pushed it open. I grabbed a hand towel and yelled, "Shut the door and go away or I will call the police." The man walked away, leaving the door open. I scrambled to shut and lock it, and since I could see they would not respect my late checkout time, and that they were able to unlock and open my door even with the security latch on, I didn't bother to dry off--just pulled my clothes on, threw my stuff into my bag and got out at 12:32. I went to the front desk to complain and to ask for my money back. The desk clerk was sympathetic and called the manager, Ginga, or something like that. She said there was nothing she could do. I had paid in cash and they refused to do anything to compensate for my horrible, smoky, sleepless night, the non-breakfast, and the abusive housekeeping staff. I have filed a report with Red Roof Inns and we will see if anything gets done. I would not stay at this particular Red Roof again--at least not until they remodel. Oh--by the way, as I was checking in, a guest came to the front desk asking for a vacuum cleaner. Later I saw him returning it and he said his room was jumping with fleas and he had vacuumed them up. The hotel didn't get him a different room--they just let him vacuum the fleas! Service doesn't get much worse than that. I agree that Brenda at the front desk, and a manager named Maria, are both very polite and professional but they both were ineffective at getting me any sort of restitution.

Room Tip: Don't stay here at all. Call the other Red Roof Inn by the DFW airport and ask if it is a recent...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Richardson, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

I have been very pleased with my stay. I have stayed here in the past when the management was different and was treated terribly. I had decided never to return, however, since I am a Redicard member I wanted to use my reward certificates and decided to give them one more chance. I am glad that I did. This stay turned into an extended one. My room is large enough to accommodate all of my things and it has a feeling of home. The front desk staff is very delightful and helpful. Any issues that I have they are always ready and willing to assist me. You won't be disappointed with your stay. Highly recommend the business king room. The rates are reasonable, they offer free wi-fi and it is conveniently located. Shenikwa S.

Room Tip: I prefer rooms in the front close to Denny's. These are the business class rooms so they are big...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Crosby, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

Found a "crack pipe" (similar to a test tube) above the door in restroom. Obviously the cleaning crew missed this.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

I had a Spectacular stay! I've been there a couple of times before and always been treated great. First of all i arrived and was greeted kindly and helped with everything i needed and asked for, by the receptionist named Brenda. I arrived to a clean room,clean restroom clean pool, everything was great. They had a complimentary breakfast along with the stay, free wifi which was fast speed and great room service. They have many different restaurants and stores close by which helps alot, saves gas and time,its a great location.Hopefully ill be able to stay there again soon.

Room Tip: the rooms by Denny's are the best, we have noticed its quieter on this side
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Red Roof Inn Dallas-Richardson? Share your experiences!