I took my 12-year-old son to the Hilton Garden Inn/Richardson to celebrate his 13th Birthday...simply looking for an area hotel with a pool, restaurant, and a place we could pal around on his final night before becoming a teenager. (We got up the next morning, went skeet shooting, etc.)
I was expecting an "okay" hotel like most Hilton Garden Inns...but this hotel is more like a 4-star hotel experience. Everything from the lobby to the guest rooms to the restaurants to the swimming pool area is tastefully appointed with First Class furniture, beautiful artwork, and even the Business Center was classy.
Our restaurant experience set the stage: we didn't go all-out...just a burger for my son and a barbecued brisket (fantastic!) sandwich for me. But you'd have thought we were ordering filet mignon from the service we got. Attentive, refilling drinks, treating us like the Rockefellers. Superb service and great food.
Our guest room was equally wonderful, and the swimming pool was no "hotel pool." It is tiered, with a ceiling-fed waterfall and a hot tub.
Breakfast the next morning was the capper, with our waitress ("Sonia") attending to us with coffee refills, extra syrup for waffles, etc. I told her she seemed pretty upbeat for early morning and she replied: "That's because I love my job!" What a thrill, because I travel a lot on business and most hotel workers I encounter act as if they should be arrested for loitering rather than drawing a paycheck.
As I said in the "title"...this was, quite simply, a spectacular surprise. GREAT hotel, super food, and a staff that really made us feel like "guests." I am a Hilton Hhonors member and I am going to send a similar compliment to them, but I wanted to share this in hopes more people will visit this wonderful hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Richardson Hotel
- Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Richardson Hotel Richardson
- Hilton Garden Inn Richardson
- Hilton Garden Inn Dallas
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Richardson offers a full-service experience in a boutique, artistic setting. With easy access to US-75, TX-190 and the DART light rail, the hotel is minutes from the Telecom Corridor, shopping, and dining. Enjoy a drink in our Pavilion Lounge, a relaxing swim in our pool, an invigorating workout in our gym, or a delicious meal at The Great American Grill. If work beckons, enjoy free Wi-Fi and remote printing, or make use of our business center and meeting rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hilton Hotels, Tingo, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Richardson reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.