“HGI Richardson” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sugar Land, Texas, United States
“HGI Richardson”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

Easy to get on and off Highway! Friendly staff. Very clean!We have recently stayed in Abilene HGI and This one in Richardson. We were very very pleased with the exception quality and value:) We had been Holiday Inn express customers for a number of years but these stays have made use look at HGI as our first choice for accommodations.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Richardson, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
So glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and even more so that you are a fan of the Hilton Garden Inn brand! Sounds like our accommodations and services met your needs, and I'm very pleased that you felt you received a great value.

It was our pleasure having you as our guest, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

General Manager, Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Richardson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Lewisville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

I highly recommend the Hilton Garden Inn in Richardson, Texas. The accomodations were excellent. Comfortable bed with lots of pillows. A mini-fridge and microwave in the room. Very quiet. The front desk staff were so nice and helpful. I only stayed one night and didn't eat at the hotel due to time; however, the menu looked great!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Richardson, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Many thanks for the kind words, and we're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! I definitely recommend trying our restaurant for breakfast or dinner next time you're in the area - our chef utilizes local and organic ingredients whenever possible, and updates our dinner specials on a monthly basis.

Sachse, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

We stayed at the hotel because recent ice storms caused widespread power outages. The hotel had power and availability. The staff of courteous to all guests as they arrived. Very friendly staff, very clean room.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

So glad you enjoyed your stay with us, despite the unpleasant circumstances. We had many last-minute guests during that storm, due to either loss of power or not being able to drive home; definitely a chilly wake-up call for winter!

Glad our accommodations and services met your needs, and I'm especially glad my team was warm and welcoming.

Thanks for the great review, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Richardson, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

This hotel is in my neighborhood so I don't usually have the opportunity to stay here. However our power was out for 4 days and we finally decided to go to a hotel. Hilton Garden Inn was offering a special reduced rate to those of us without power. Instead of gauging the consumer, they were being very community minded! The rooms were beautiful and we had a great night's sleep, plus a nice hot shower! Art in hotel is beautiful. Restaurant and bar made this a very good choice for us. Will highly recommend to any family and friends coming in from out of town.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Richardson, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
What a wonderful review, and we're delighted you enjoyed your stay despite the unpleasant - and cold - circumstances! We had several guests in-house that weekend who'd either lost power, or were unable to drive home from the workplace; the weather was certainly the common theme of the weekend. Very glad our accommodations and services met your needs, and that you were able to enjoy some R&R during a hectic time.

Thanks again!

Tulsa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Really friendly staff, no problems, clean and safe. I would recomend this hotel to others. Breakfast is good - fresh fruit included. Now I'm just typing to meet the 200 character minimum. Not sure how many times I'll have to type this.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Many thanks for the great comments - we're so glad you enjoyed your stay and appreciate you choosing our hotel. Next time you're in the area, we hope to welcome you back!

Mesquite, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

Due to the icey conditions in the Dallas area, our company put us up in a hotel. I had a room reserved for 1 night and a co-worker with me had one reserved for 2 nights.

When we checked in there were to individuals working ar the front desk. One helped me and one helped my co-worker. They confirmed with us how many nights each of us was staying...me 1, my co-worker 2.

The next day at work, we heard that the hotel was sold out. Someone said that my co-worker should call and make sure her room was still reserved. She said she didn't check out and all should be fine. We finally convinced her to call and we are glad she did.

THE HILTON GAVE HER ROOM AWAY. Because she didn't leave her bags in her room, THEY ASSUMED she was not coming back.

HOW CRAZY IS THAT?

I feel certain that if it wasn't a sold out situation because of bad weather, had she "really left" and tried to say she didn't want to stay the 2nd night, they would have charged her for the room.

When she tried to get a manager to help her, all they would say was that she had not reserved the room for two nights...even though she had the printed confirmation.

I know that sold out situations can be crazy and knowing that the weather played a big part in this, I'm sure the hotel staff was really stressed. Customer Service is key to any quality hotel and it really shows just how good (OR BAD) a hotel is when their Customer Service is dismissive to your situation. Especially when it was their mistake.

If we have incluement weather again, we've decided to take our chances driving back and forth to work versus being treated so poorly.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your review, and on behalf of my team, I apologize for the issues you and your colleague experienced with your reservations. It appears there was some confusion with your colleague's check-out date, and we mistakenly concluded that she had checked out of our hotel when in fact she had not. I know this only added to an already-stressful situation with the wintry weather and difficult driving conditions, and I am very sorry for the inconvenience.

As an award-winning hotel, we all strive to ensure every guest not only enjoys their stay with us, but plans to return in the future. Clearly, we missed the mark in your case, and I sincerely hope you and your colleague will give us another chance in the future.

Thank you again for your comments.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Having traveled a lot, this was my first time to be blown away by the bathroom! My room was not a handicap-accessible room, but I was absolutely delighted to find a spacious step-in shower with sliding glass doors. (My friends in other rooms had regular bathtubs, so I now know to ask a property if they have walk-in showers available.) Anyone with mobility issues, as I do--or even simple AGE issues--is challenged by the climb in and out of a bath tub, so this was the best, easiest shower I've ever seen in a hotel. I was also impressed by the fact that there were electrical outlets on both ends of the double-sink counter.

The rooms were clean and well-maintained. The hotel is 5 years old but it might have opened last week in terms of how pristine everything looks.

The bed was very comfortable, which keeps getting more important every year!

The breakfast buffet was exceptional. Everything was uber-fresh and delicious, with cooked-to-order eggs and serve-yourself everything else.

I found the staff warm and personable. I was there with a women's retreat, and they treated us like honored guests.

My room faced the back of the hotel with such a lovely view that I snapped a picture and sent it out on social media!

I see why this hotel is #1 in Richardson. It deserves to be!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Richardson, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Wow - what an incredible review! On behalf of my team, thank you very much for the great feedback, and we're so glad you enjoyed your stay. It sounds like our accommodations (including the bathroom!) and services met your needs, and I've forwarded your comments to everyone as they will appreciate the kudos. I'm especially pleased that you and your group felt like honored guests during your retreat, as we all work hard to ensure all of our guests feel welcomed.

Many thanks again, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

General Manager, Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Richardson

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Richardson? Share your experiences!