“Down-home good food, no frills” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #71 of 322 Restaurants in Richardson
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dallas, Texas
“Down-home good food, no frills”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

The food is excellent. To me, that's all that matters.

Snobs that disavow the strip malls will just have to miss out. Atmosphere is bland and if it's a turn-off for you, then don't bother.

If wonderful, neighborhood favorite, consistent food is what you're after, then you don't give a toss about atmosphere. You come to Huong Ly and you chow down. I've eaten here for years, and they have never disappointed me. Well, once, they were out of durian for the smoothie... but they've had it every other time I've asked for one. This place is part of the restaurants near me that I consider part of my palette home base. If you need a Vietnamese food fix, this is the place I go - and is a favorite among my Vietnamese students. Should tell you something.

• Visited December 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Houston, Texas
“A good middle-of-the-road pho shop”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

I'm sure I'd discovered Huong Ly via Traveladvisor early this year. Where could the original entry have gone? At any rate, I visited twice, while in the Dallas area on business. It's a Vietnamese restaurant located in the Chinatown plaza in Richardson within stone throw's of a couple of other places I'd also dined at. On each visit here, I had one of the large pho bowls, with an order of spring rolls (totaling less than $9 for the meal). The lady doing the waitressing and cashiering didn't seem to speak much English, and the decor was strip-mall minimalist, but the meals were tasty and filling -- and that is what's really important, yes? One other nice thing is that I don't recall there being TVs on the wall here -- -- unlike at so many other pho shops in the area.

• Visited March 2011