“Average hotel with some rundown rooms” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency North Dallas/Richardson

You added Hyatt Regency North Dallas/Richardson to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency North Dallas/Richardson
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   701 East Campbell Road, Richardson, TX 75081 (Formerly The Richardson Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Richardson
Singapore
“Average hotel with some rundown rooms”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

One of the place near the tech corridor of Richardson. It's a bit rundown, but overall Hyatt is good for business stays as the internet and other facilities are good.
If you've breakfast as part of the room rate, then go for it. One of the better spreads you can find at similar category of hotels. They do offer a shuttle for 5miles radius which should cover pretty much of the companies around this area. So go for it. Getting a taxi can be difficult and make sure to call a taxi well in advance. You've some foot options across the road and if you walk further towards Hilton across highway.

Room Tip: Majority of AC in room are way louder. So watchout..
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
HyattFOM, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency North Dallas/Richardson, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Hyatt Regency North Dallas thanks you for your feedback. Without guests like yourself leaving reviews it would be increasingly difficult to find our areas of improvement. We can setup a car for you at anytime with our exclusive provider Tiam Transportation. Just give us a time that you need the ride and we will have it waiting for you. I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast menu as it has recently been updated to include options for all dietary needs.

Thanks again for leaving your review,
972-619-1234

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Pittsburgh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency North Dallas for one evening for business in the area. Overall the hotel is a solid choice for business. I wasn't overly impressed by anything, but there wasn't anything really glaringly wrong either. I will say it is a little shabby compared to other Hyatt Regency's I've stayed at. Some thoughts:

I had a corner room, king bed. Bed comfortable, room laid out nicely with a good work area.
Bathroom was on the smaller size but standard Hyatt amenities including Aquafresh!
The workout room was sub-par compared to other Hyatt's. In fact you had to go outside around pool to get to it
The hotel bar area could use an update...and the tv's there are in a horrible spot and old
In fact the tv's in the room continue the Hyatt trend of not being of the greatest HD quality

As for the area, there is a little strip mall across the street with dining options and a Starbucks a block or so away, so you should be all set!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Hyatt Regency North Dallas thanks you for taking the time to respond. I wanted to let you know we are in the process of looking into updating our fitness center so it meets a certain level of higher standards. We appreciate the feedback, as it helps us on our mission to overall satisfaction. Thanks again for taking the time to respond. Andrew Beeman 972-619-1234
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I am currently staying in this hotel for a 2 week business trip. The check in was fast and easy. We were assigned a corner room (we have diamond status).

Pros:
The hotel is lovely. I don't find it nor my room outdated.

Upon check in, we were given the option of a food or beverage amenity or 1000 points. We chose the food amenity. We were told it would be send right up. We received a call 10 minutes later asking if we would like a small fruit basket, small fruit and cheese basket or small bottle of wine. We chose the fruit. It took so long to be delivered we had to leave and pick it up on the way back. The "basket" was actually 6 pieces of fruit on a plate.

The staff is very friendly, especially our server in the restaurant who takes care of us every morning. She is an absolute joy!

The breakfast buffet is delicious and plentiful with sausage (they even have chicken sausage), bacon, two type of eggs, fresh fruit, a variety of pastries, etc.

There is a chef there, I suspect they may make omelets, but I haven't had time to ask.

Cons:
The 1st day we were here, a small item mysteriously disappeared from my nightstand while my room was cleaned. I didn't report it but was going to ask her about it when she came the next day. The housekeeper has not been back since.

The room is very dusty and housekeeping has not dusted, nor do they replenish obviously empty lotion or bath soap. They discarded the soap that was used in the shower, but did not replace it. I just don't feel you should have to ask for that.

Like another reviewer, I felt the bed to be very firm and the sheets to feel like sandpaper. If you're accustomed to sinking down in your bed or upgraded sheets, this is not the place for you.

Though we are on a floor with a concierge lounge, there really is no lounge. When I stay at a Hilton property and there is not lounge, we are given daily drink and appetizer vouchers for the hotel restaurant. No such luck here. Some of us frequent travelers look forward to such perks and I think a lack of a lounge should be noted on the website. After all, they do note the fact that they have rooms on a concierge floor.

The water is the room (the sink and the shower) smells awful! They need a water softener or purifier or something here.

Overall, I'm on the fence as to if I would stay here again. Other brands do a better job of taking care of their elite members.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
HyattFOM, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency North Dallas/Richardson, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Hyatt Regency North Dallas thanks you for the time you put into the feedback. I am glad to have caught you on your departure from the hotel but was not able to take care of you at that time. Please email me when you are coming in next and I will set you up in a suite at no charge. We at Hyatt appreciate your Diamond status and understand how hard it is to achieve.

Thanks,

Andrew.beeman@hyattnorthdallas.com
Keighley
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I stay regularly on business trips and the staff are always friendly and helpful, especially the guy driving the hotel's shuttle bus. The hotel ited conveniently by the freeway and about 30 mins from DFW airport. The rooms are comfortable but can be noisey and are definately in need of refurbishment now. Good selection for breakfast.

Room Tip: Facing away from the freeway
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
HyattFOM, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency North Dallas/Richardson, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Hyatt Regency North Dallas wants to thank you for the feedback. We pride ourselves on excellent customer service and will pass on the positive praise. Our menu is hard to beat for selection and quality whether its breakfast, lunch, or dinner.

Thanks Again For Your Time,

Andew Beeman
Guest Services Manager
Bellevue, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I love Hyatt and travel 200+ nights a year but was underwhelmed by this property. Though the staff was incredibly nice, the building and (especially rooms) have a mid 90's feel to them. The sheets were like sandpaper and whatever you do, do NOT drink the tapwater. For the first time ever, I broke the seal on the overpriced $4 bottle of Aquafina. On the plus side, the in house restaurant is good and the room was quiet even though my room faced the train tracks. Overall, I would seek out a Hyatt Place property over this one until they remodel.

Room Tip: High floor, away from tracks but windows are very small and it's pretty quiet either way.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
HyattFOM, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency North Dallas/Richardson, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Hyatt Regency North Dallas thanks you for taking the time to provide us with this essential feedback. Without guests like yourself providing this feedback, our goal of upmost satisfaction would be nearly impossible. I wanted to assure you that your comments have been passed on to the appropriate parties. We value your feedback and thank you again.

Thanks Again and Best Regards,

Guest Service Manager
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We were pleased to be allocated an upgrade ($39) to a mini suite which we had requested when booking our room with Hyatt points. However we were somewhat surprised to find we had been allocated two adjacent bedrooms with an armchair pressed up against the intercommunicating door!
I found both rooms to be dull and uninspiring - lots of yellow orche pain and dark furniture - and the second room was especially unattractive as it was largely occupied by a low double bed. I then realised this was a Murphy bed and assigning it to its upright position and rearranging the furniture improved matters considerably. Both rooms lacked useable electric sockts as ours need enough space to use foreign adapters but we managed to improvise by balancing table lamps on books.
We had a late night meal in the hotel bar - food was good but took more than half an hour to come. The continental breakfast was outstanding value for the excellent selection of food on offer.
Check out was as incompetent as our room allocation. We were given two room bills, neither of which included our upgrade supplement !

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Rochester, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

The whole staff seemed to be a bit off. The gentleman at checkin was alittle too interested in the geneology of my last name. The servers at the bar, though nice, we're very disorganized. I left my ironing board against the wall with a note that it was broken and it was still there at the end of the day.

Iwas there for a conference. Those facilities were fine.

• Stayed June 2013
HyattFOM, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency North Dallas/Richardson, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Hyatt Regency North Dallas would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with the feedback. Without this valuable feedback our ongoing path to perfection would be increasingly difficult. I have passed on the notes about your last stay to the appropriate departments and hope that you visit us again. Please feel free to contact me before your next stay and I will make sure we have everything taken care of in your room.

Warm Regards,

Guest Service Manager
972-619-1234

Been to Hyatt Regency North Dallas/Richardson? Share your experiences!