“Very nice hotel, I will stay here again.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency North Dallas/Richardson

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Regency North Dallas/Richardson to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency North Dallas/Richardson
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   701 East Campbell Road, Richardson, TX 75081 (Formerly The Richardson Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Richardson
Herndon, Virginia
“Very nice hotel, I will stay here again.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I stayed here for business and found it to be an excellent hotel at a surprisingly low price. Great value. Breakfast was OK, typical buffet but food was warmer than most. Bed was ver, very comfortable. Plenty of parking. I arrived at 2:30am after one of those days flying, and the front desk took care of me.

Room Tip: Upper floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HyattFOM, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency North Dallas/Richardson, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Hyatt Regency North Dallas would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us. Our team loves to hear the stories of success and we will certainly share this with them. We hope to see you again!

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Hickory, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stayed at this Hyatt Regency during a recent business trip. There was a cold snap in the Dallas area during the time, and the room was quite cold. The thermostat in the room did not seem to adjust the temperature at all; I think it was there to make the occupant think they were controlling the temperature. I know that doctors say that cold temperature has nothing to do with getting sick; however, I came away from this trip with a wicked cold/flu. The facility also looked a bit dated, and some fixtures were worn. Most of the staff were friendly and helpful, except for the desk clerk on the last day I was there. The restaurant staff was particularly friendly. Overall, however, I would recommend staying at a different hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hyatt Regency North Dallas appreciates your feedback. I apologize for your less than perfect stay. We certainly strive for a far better experience. I would be more than happy to speak with you regarding your experience, that way I can better communicate it to our teams.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here the day before the 3 day breast cancer walk in Dallas. Everything was fantastic, service was great, rooms clean. There were a lot of other walkers staying here and with all the people, while in rooms, it was very quite in the rooms. I would stay here again. The only drawback I can think of, was the size of the rooms, and no frige or microwave. For the price of the room, I would have expected those in the room.

• Stayed November 2012
HyattFOM, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency North Dallas/Richardson, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Hyatt Regency North Dallas appreciates your great feedback. We always enjoy sharing positive feedback with our teams. We look forward to your next visit. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Solana Beach, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

I am staying at this hotel on business, this week for 3 nights, and have stayed here last week for three nights as well. Yesterday morning I came down for the buffet breakfast to meet my colleague and then to go off to see our clients at their corporate headquarters near by. I had my shoulder bag and my iPad bag. My colleague was not there yet, so I went to buffet to get food, leaving the two items, on the seats. My colleague and I had breakfast, and upon leaving, I could not find my iPad bag. I had left my iPad to recharge in my room, but the bag contained my Japanese passport, my detailed travel itinerary, notes, and several nice pens. Because we needed to be on time, and due to fatigue from traveling and working late hours, I assumed that it could still be in my room and that it would be returned to me on the larger possibility that it was not.

When I came back it was not in my room, and I went to the front desk and was told that they didn't have it because it was not logged into their item recovery system. They told me that they will talk to the restaurant manager and give me an update.

Today I went to breakfast and I talked to the servers who were concerned for me, because they remembered me eating there yesterday but told me that all lost items would be returned to the front desk. Since I did not receive any update, I went to the front desk, and was told that it had not come in because it had not been logged into their system. I asked the young woman if she could go and check the actual lost and found, and she refused to do so because she did not see the point. I was disappointed in her flippant attitude of "this ain't my problem."

I told my colleague what transpired and he was furious, he said that I should have the management look into their video cameras. He knows how serious losing a foreign passport can be. I need to go to Tokyo next month so now I need to scramble, and spend a few days in LA, to get another one for several hundred dollars. Also there is the cocern about identity. I was lucky about the iPad. Apparently the Hyatt in central Dallas had similar theft in May.

We stay at the Hyatt Regency and pay premium because we are on tight and hectic work schedules, and in order to avoid situations like the above. The small bottles of waters are four dollars each, and the Internet connection is 10 dollars a day, and it is slow and disconnects that I gave up after 5 minutes. I do not like being nickeled and dime-ed. I have travelled widely, and is sad to experience such "Service and Hospitality" mentality. I would much rather be in a privately owned hotel such as the Sirkeci Konak in Istanbul where I felt comfortable and secure than this inhospitable place in Tex

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hyatt Regency North Dallas would like ot thank you for reaching out regarding your experience. I would like to apologize for the service you received as this is the first time we have heard of our team refusing to assist a guest. I would love to opportunity to look into this issue further. The hotel phone number is 972-619-1234 and my extension is 2097. I look forward to working with you to resolve this issue.

Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The hotel is convient to my work location in Richardson. The walls are thin and if the person next door is noisy, sadly yes you hear them. Additionally, if you are on the front side you hear the train go by all hours of the night. THe breakfast, that was included with the stay is good but I think at over $18 a little overpriced if I was coming off the street for a buffett.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HyattFOM, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency North Dallas/Richardson, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Hyatt Regency North Dallas is thankful for your feedback. We always appreciate the time our guests take letting us know how we performed during their stay. We look forward to seeing you again!

toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

There was a time when Hyatt meant perfection. That was sadly not the case in Dallas. The hotel was older and not in very good shape. The only good thing was it was less expensive than usual but $100 a night for this hotel is way too much $$

Room Tip: If you find a good room let me know.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
HyattFOM, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency North Dallas/Richardson, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Hyatt Regency North Dallas would like to thank you for your feedback. We would also like to apologize for your less than satisfactory stay with us. We strvie to exceed guest expectations at every level. Please feel free to contact me to discuss further.

Jim Smith-Front Office Manager-214-245-4930
Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Decided to stay here for an anniversary since fair tickets were being offered in the deal and we have never been to it. Since our previous stays at Hyatt's have always been wonderful we thought this would be a good choice.
The hotel itself is nice enough but the walls were so thin that we could hear every word coming from the next room. It was not that the people next door were being loud or that the sounds were muffled but that we learned everyone's name, what they did that day and every detail of their conversations. It was so disrupting all night and not the way to spend an anniversary.
Upon check out, when asked about the stay, the situation was explained to the staff member hoping that something would be said or done. Our comments were basically ignored and then asked "Is there anything else I can help you with?"
We would have expected a better response from the Hyatt.
As far as the fair, great time but make sure to bring lots of money as everything costs once inside the gates. Parking is also $15. Don't miss the Chinese Lanterns - worth the extra money.

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
HyattFOM, Guest Service Manager at Hyatt Regency North Dallas/Richardson, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Hyatt Regency North Dallas

Teebird60, We apologize that your recent stay was not as pleasant as is should have been. I have shared your comments with our management team, as well as our front desk. All comments and concerns should have been rectified while you were still here and I apologize that we did not address your concern at your time of departure.

Been to Hyatt Regency North Dallas/Richardson? Share your experiences!