“Nice and clean!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency North Dallas/Richardson

You added Hyatt Regency North Dallas/Richardson to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency North Dallas/Richardson
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   701 East Campbell Road, Richardson, TX 75081 (Formerly The Richardson Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double Your Points
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Richardson
“Nice and clean!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here the day before the 3 day breast cancer walk in Dallas. Everything was fantastic, service was great, rooms clean. There were a lot of other walkers staying here and with all the people, while in rooms, it was very quite in the rooms. I would stay here again. The only drawback I can think of, was the size of the rooms, and no frige or microwave. For the price of the room, I would have expected those in the room.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars
HyattFOM, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency North Dallas/Richardson, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Hyatt Regency North Dallas appreciates your great feedback. We always enjoy sharing positive feedback with our teams. We look forward to your next visit. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Solana Beach, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

I am staying at this hotel on business, this week for 3 nights, and have stayed here last week for three nights as well. Yesterday morning I came down for the buffet breakfast to meet my colleague and then to go off to see our clients at their corporate headquarters near by. I had my shoulder bag and my iPad bag. My colleague was not there yet, so I went to buffet to get food, leaving the two items, on the seats. My colleague and I had breakfast, and upon leaving, I could not find my iPad bag. I had left my iPad to recharge in my room, but the bag contained my Japanese passport, my detailed travel itinerary, notes, and several nice pens. Because we needed to be on time, and due to fatigue from traveling and working late hours, I assumed that it could still be in my room and that it would be returned to me on the larger possibility that it was not.

When I came back it was not in my room, and I went to the front desk and was told that they didn't have it because it was not logged into their item recovery system. They told me that they will talk to the restaurant manager and give me an update.

Today I went to breakfast and I talked to the servers who were concerned for me, because they remembered me eating there yesterday but told me that all lost items would be returned to the front desk. Since I did not receive any update, I went to the front desk, and was told that it had not come in because it had not been logged into their system. I asked the young woman if she could go and check the actual lost and found, and she refused to do so because she did not see the point. I was disappointed in her flippant attitude of "this ain't my problem."

I told my colleague what transpired and he was furious, he said that I should have the management look into their video cameras. He knows how serious losing a foreign passport can be. I need to go to Tokyo next month so now I need to scramble, and spend a few days in LA, to get another one for several hundred dollars. Also there is the cocern about identity. I was lucky about the iPad. Apparently the Hyatt in central Dallas had similar theft in May.

We stay at the Hyatt Regency and pay premium because we are on tight and hectic work schedules, and in order to avoid situations like the above. The small bottles of waters are four dollars each, and the Internet connection is 10 dollars a day, and it is slow and disconnects that I gave up after 5 minutes. I do not like being nickeled and dime-ed. I have travelled widely, and is sad to experience such "Service and Hospitality" mentality. I would much rather be in a privately owned hotel such as the Sirkeci Konak in Istanbul where I felt comfortable and secure than this inhospitable place in Tex

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hyatt Regency North Dallas would like ot thank you for reaching out regarding your experience. I would like to apologize for the service you received as this is the first time we have heard of our team refusing to assist a guest. I would love to opportunity to look into this issue further. The hotel phone number is 972-619-1234 and my extension is 2097. I look forward to working with you to resolve this issue.

Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The hotel is convient to my work location in Richardson. The walls are thin and if the person next door is noisy, sadly yes you hear them. Additionally, if you are on the front side you hear the train go by all hours of the night. THe breakfast, that was included with the stay is good but I think at over $18 a little overpriced if I was coming off the street for a buffett.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
HyattFOM, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency North Dallas/Richardson, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Hyatt Regency North Dallas is thankful for your feedback. We always appreciate the time our guests take letting us know how we performed during their stay. We look forward to seeing you again!

toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

There was a time when Hyatt meant perfection. That was sadly not the case in Dallas. The hotel was older and not in very good shape. The only good thing was it was less expensive than usual but $100 a night for this hotel is way too much $$

Room Tip: If you find a good room let me know.
1 Thank canadasafety
HyattFOM, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency North Dallas/Richardson, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Hyatt Regency North Dallas would like to thank you for your feedback. We would also like to apologize for your less than satisfactory stay with us. We strvie to exceed guest expectations at every level. Please feel free to contact me to discuss further.

Jim Smith-Front Office Manager-214-245-4930
Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Decided to stay here for an anniversary since fair tickets were being offered in the deal and we have never been to it. Since our previous stays at Hyatt's have always been wonderful we thought this would be a good choice.
The hotel itself is nice enough but the walls were so thin that we could hear every word coming from the next room. It was not that the people next door were being loud or that the sounds were muffled but that we learned everyone's name, what they did that day and every detail of their conversations. It was so disrupting all night and not the way to spend an anniversary.
Upon check out, when asked about the stay, the situation was explained to the staff member hoping that something would be said or done. Our comments were basically ignored and then asked "Is there anything else I can help you with?"
We would have expected a better response from the Hyatt.
As far as the fair, great time but make sure to bring lots of money as everything costs once inside the gates. Parking is also $15. Don't miss the Chinese Lanterns - worth the extra money.

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs!
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
HyattFOM, Guest Service Manager at Hyatt Regency North Dallas/Richardson, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Hyatt Regency North Dallas

Teebird60, We apologize that your recent stay was not as pleasant as is should have been. I have shared your comments with our management team, as well as our front desk. All comments and concerns should have been rectified while you were still here and I apologize that we did not address your concern at your time of departure.
Austin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Stayed there weekend of 13-15 October. Hotel is located just off highway 75 on Campbell Road. Property is nicely furnished and rooms were what you would expect from a hotel of this caliber. Bathrooms had the shower and commode in a separate room from the make up and sink area, which was nice and a feature lacking in most properties. The bar area was pleasant and featured several large screen TVs, which mercifully they had no volume but were tuned to various sporting events when we were there. Staff were pleasant and friendly. I didn't eat at the restaurant, but the breakfast buffet was, again, what you would expect. Value quotient was very good, it was $99 a night even on the weekend of the Texas - Oklahoma football game, when most hotels in the area charged a premium for the weekend. They would gladly shuttle you back and forth to the nearly DART station, it was about a 4 minute drive or a 15 minute walk. We did both, and when the weather is nice the walk is pleasant. I would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Get a room opposite the side that has the DART as you can hear it (not obnoxiously) and the first ru...
1 Thank funlonghorn
HyattFOM, Guest Service Manager at Hyatt Regency North Dallas/Richardson, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
~ Hyatt Regency North Dallas/Richardson ~

We are so happy you enjoyed your time with us during one of the busiest weekends for Dallas! We hope to see you again next year if not sooner!

Cammerron Jackson
Guest Service Manager
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is very nice. I was lucky enough to get a larger, corner room on the 18th (top) floor. Everything was clean and nice, good bed, good TV channel selection.

Service during breakfast was wayyyy too pushy as waiters were trying to force a conversation every time they came to check on us. Seriously unnecessary and bothering.

For around 130 bucks a night, I thought this was a excellent value for money.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars
HyattFOM, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency North Dallas/Richardson, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Hyatt Regency North Dallas would like to thank you for your response. We always like to hear our guests kind words. I will share your comments with our teams. We look forward to serving you again!

Jim Smith-Front Office Manager