“Loved Renaissance Richardson!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 18 hotels in Richardson
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Loved Renaissance Richardson!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2005

I spent two nights here recently and was very pleased with my choice. I had come to Dallas via Houston helping family members evacuate for hurricane Rita.

The hotel is new, spotless, and richly decorated in bright colors and textures with a contemporary/whimsical flair.

I was upgraded to a suite which was gorgeous. The room was just beautiful.

The location is excellent as you are right next to the light rail line that goes downtown. Also, since you're on the Central Expressway, you can get all over Dallas/Fort Worth as long as you avoid rush hour.

The only reason I don't rate this hotel excellent is because the staff was not as friendly and helpful as I've experienced in other Renaissance and Marriott hotels. They were not rude, and polite enough, but just didn't have that special touch.

However, I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2005

220 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2005

I wanted to surprise my husband with a weekend getaway, so went to Priceline.com and won a bid to this hotel for $59/night for 2 nights. I thought the price was great for the hotel since we live less than 10 minutes from the hotel and knew that it was a pretty new hotel.

We parked in the front of the hotel so we could go check in before parking. The valet asked us for our car key, which I thought was strange, but complied nevertheless.

At check-in was when we were notified that parking was going to be an additional $6.50/night. It was covered parking across from the hotel, and since we didn't have a choice, we agreed. Check-in was efficient and professional. They weren't overly friendly, but friendly enough.

The hotel is relatively new, so the room and everything in it was pretty new too. Most importantly, everything was clean, no errant lint at corners or hair found in the bathroom. The room was comfortable and the decor pleasant. The room faced the expressway, Central Expressway (75), but the view was magnificent.

That night the weather was pretty cool, so the a/c wasn't on high. We went to sleep really late, or should I say early, like 4am. I didn't hear it until it was time to go to sleep... I could hear the cars in the expressway, even from the 9th floor. Even though it wasn't very loud, it still bothered me a bit since I'm a very light sleeper. Needless to say, my husband said he could barely hear it, rolled over, and slept soundlessly the rest of the night, uh, morning. I eventually fell asleep, from exhaustion, but still could hear cars zooming by every now and then.

If it wasn't for the above incident, I'd rate the hotel "Excellent". And actually, other than the incident, my husband and I were very pleased with our stay at this Renaissance.

Especially because the next night was a hot night, so the a/c was on high. The a/c was located right next to the window, which was smart since when it kicks in, you can't hear the expressway. The a/c did have a slight humming sound, like most hotels' do. But unable to hear noises from the expressway, both my husband and I slept well that night.

I recommend that if you're a light sleeper, to ask for a room that faces the back. The view isn't as nice as the expressway's, but it should be more quiet. But, you should be fine if you're not that light of a sleeper or if the weather's hot even through nights so the a/c is constantly on.

• Stayed September 2005
United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2005

All the glasses in the place - in the rooms and in the restaurant - were filthy! These were more than dishwasher spots...those would have been welcome. These are just filthy. I had to ask housekeeping to leave new clean glasses, and even then you could tell where they just wiped one of them out and put it back. This is a great way to get sick!

Service was great in some places, lousy in others. Hairdryer quit working and they told me I had to wait. If it didn't restart they would send up engineering. I told them I was in a hurry and asked them for another hairdryer. They said no.

Many of the employees there were quite nice though. The food in the restaurant was very good and reasonably priced. Service was slow when they had a convention there.

The bed was great!

I would hesitate to recommend this place to others.

• Stayed July 2005, traveled on business
Ball Ground, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2005

I just got back from a business trip to Richardson and stayed 4 nights at this hotel. It's just so nice! The beds are fabulous and all those pillows, I felt like a queen. The staff is very friendly and attentive. I can't speak to the pool or excercise facilities as I did not use them, but did have breakfast in the restaurant and it was good. Having the Starbucks on site is great for grabbing a quick coffee and muffin if you are in a rush. I couldn't wait to get back to my room each evening.

• Stayed July 2005, traveled on business
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2005

I recently stayed at the Renaissance Hotel in Richardson. I have stayed at many 5 star hotels and this hotels service and staff far exceeded service at some of the 5 star hotels I have stayed in. The rooms were wonderful as was the food and drink. It is in a great location. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I will return to this hotel often.

• Stayed June 2005, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2004

my room had ants, management did not take care of it. I was told this happens every year. Will never stay there again.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2004

I spent 2 weeks on business at this hotel in March 2004. I would have given this a perfect rating except for one poorly prepared meal in the on-site restaraunt that was not resolved to my satisfaction. All other meals and room service meals were very good to excellent. I shipped a bicycle to the hotel to use during my stay and it was received, delivered to my room, removed and shipped back with all the quiet skill one expects from the staff of a fine hotel. Front desk and bell staff remembered my name and greeted me as Ms. every time I passed through the lobby. The bell staff is the finest of any hotel in this class.
There is always someone available to assist with whatever you need. The room was well appointed, clean and pleasantly interesting. Climate control was perfecty functional, and I was lucky to have a room with a balcony available when I made my reservations. The balcony looked over the train station and the great water fountain at Galatyn park. Road noise is a problem with the doors open though, as the highway is very close. The pool, hot tub and sauna were spotlessly clean and hardly used by the other guests. Extra towels were everywhere. The train is very clean and inexpensive, and just a few hundred feet from the lobby entrance. Bicycles are permitted on the train, and on the concrete paved jogging paths nearby. This was one of the nicest hotel experiences I've had in the last 2 or 3 years. Most seem to be cutting staff and getting any special attention is impossible. Not so here. Oh and all the cool art glass and waterfalls in the lobby make you feel that this place is special from the moment you arrive. I'd highly recommend this hotel to anyone. There are special rates available for the asking too.

Been to Renaissance Dallas Richardson Hotel? Share your experiences!